Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 08:28 PM #1
larry_wendel's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
Tax question

I was a [full time] student this year from Jan 2008 - May 2008.. during that time, I also worked a full time job.

My question is, am I still allowed those tax dollars back that I paid (A) during the time in which I was a full time student, (B) for the entire 2008 year, or (C) none of the year since I'm not a full time student for the entire year? I graduate May 13th.
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-19-2008, 10:26 PM #2
Stupid2k5ers's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
It doesn't matter if you are a student, you still pay taxes on the money you earned outside of the standard/itemized deductions and miscellaneous tax credits that might be applicable to you.
"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

-Ephesians 6:11
Stupid2k5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM #3
The Puffinat3r
Bannage FTL
The Puffinat3r's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
This guy hit it on the head. However, being a student, your deductions have a higher potential. Not sure how your state handles tuition assistance, but if you are coming out of pocket, it's deductible.
The artist formerly known as tchs_drummer06
The Puffinat3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump