berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by theubernoob View Post
I can't see stocks falling much further. Everybody is flipping out about how bad the economy is and everything. Yes, we're in a downturn and a whole market got ****ed, but in the big picture we're doing alright. **** like this has to happen. The stock market can't go up and up forever. It has to be reset so why not buy when it's reset? Why wait for it to look good to buy? Isn't that the worst time to buy? It just seems like people only buy when the market looks good and sell when the market looks bad, I think it should be the other way around.

I'm definitely gonna look into buying a house and a cheap car, but why not take advantage of this market.....
The market goes up because stocks go up, not the other way around. So dont think that the market pulls up stocks. Stock selection is the key, not just buying
On that case. Circuit City is a buy, looking at the chart they are so cheap. And the holiday season is coming up. They are even building a new store near my home, despite there already being a Best Buy down the road
berry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM #44
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_wendel View Post
The market goes up because stocks go up, not the other way around. So dont think that the market pulls up stocks. Stock selection is the key, not just buying
On that case. Circuit City is a buy, looking at the chart they are so cheap. And the holiday season is coming up. They are even building a new store near my home, despite there already being a Best Buy down the road
Circuit City stock is a no buy.

They have plans on closing a boat load of stores nation wide and the CEO even contemplated liquidating their inventory to get cash.

I mean I guess if you are willing to bank on their ability to avoid bankruptcy and then rebound and have the timeline and nerves to watch your money die, I guess you got a point there.
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:54 PM #45
DOPE

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labelskate View Post
buy gold.

it is supposed to be $2000/ounce in a year from now. Right now I believe it is about 1k an ounce.
781/ounce

circuit city is gonna burn just like other entertainment stores because of online sales. ex: media play

America 1776-2008 We had a good run[/font]
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1143673
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 AM #46
Stupid2k5ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_wendel View Post
A rising tide raises all ships.

Like Calin said, I would avoid Circuit City like the plague.

-Ephesians 6:11
Stupid2k5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:21 AM #47
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
Circuit City stock is a no buy.

They have plans on closing a boat load of stores nation wide and the CEO even contemplated liquidating their inventory to get cash.

I mean I guess if you are willing to bank on their ability to avoid bankruptcy and then rebound and have the timeline and nerves to watch your money die, I guess you got a point there.
should have put a dodgy
berry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM #48
theubernoob
phx to nyc

Ok, well i got what i needed. thanks for your input.