Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2008, 08:20 PM #1
Bushlite5247

08 Slg going into full auto

I was testing my slg out before going to play this weekend. And when I screwed the tank in it would go in to full auto then stop. I would pull the trigger and it would shoot 4 or 5 shots in a row. Tried adding more lube didn't help. So I took a look at the sear and the spring was weak. I stretched it out a little and fixed my problem. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Bushlite5247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM #2
ClickClickBangBang

yea the same thing happened with my pmr...try reducing the sensitivity on the trigger electronically...refer to the manual cuz im not familiar with that on the slg...also try loosening the screws on the trigger a bit...espesially the one that controls how close it is to the "firing point"
ClickClickBangBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:26 PM #3
shadoflame
i can pump 30 bps, no AT.

shadoflame owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
push the cocking button on the back of the gun. and increase debounce.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 AM #4
Bushlite5247

Thanks for the posts. But my point was the bolt was skipping right over the sear. And i steached out the spring that holds the sear up. I was wondering if any one else had to do this also.
Bushlite5247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:50 PM #5
Tcheno

Yes,

Several people have reported issues with the sear spring, or sear spring replacements, in cases were their SLGs just went full auto.
Tcheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM #6
hockeybawler
Iowa State #847

hockeybawler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hockeybawler is an NCPA player
hockeybawler plays in the APPA D5 division
hockeybawler has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
just starting to happen to me and dye told me to take off the frame, turn the set screw next to the noid 2-3 turns. i just tried it and didnt work so ill have to send it in to dye. thank god i still have my warranty card.

edit: just realized what you said at end ill try that.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM #7
hockeybawler
Iowa State #847

hockeybawler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hockeybawler is an NCPA player
hockeybawler plays in the APPA D5 division
hockeybawler has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lol just found out my sear spring is totally gone. ill try to replace it with one from a pen.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:07 PM #8
Protoballer89
Taylor Gang or Die

Dont mean to be a pest, but doesnt the slg seem to have lots of problems? Well they shoot good, but they had the short bolts (rollback) and now the spring problems... imo
You gas up the marker, put on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, didn't get the girl, or got a ticket on the way there. This is your heaven on earth. Live it, love it, play it.

"Originally posted by _FreshPaint_: I love you and your sig."

"Originally posed by PbNation:This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 34 seconds."
Protoballer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 PM #9
Phoman

full auto issue

Yes, my slg went full auto for no reason, I had to send it back to Dye 2 times to figure out and fix the issue. I went from thinking it had too much lube on the bolt, perhaps lube on the sear, replacing the sear and spring, reseting the eyes, reseting the board, bad battery, and possible noid issues. It turned out that the factory actually installed the wrong orings on the bolt causing it to go full auto for no reason. I have not gone out to play since I got it back from Dye, but Dye said that they shot 1,000 rounds through it and it worked just fine. I shot 200 rounds in my back yard and it had no issues. Guess what, when I checked the bolt after Dye sent it back it back to me it had "lots of lube" on on the bolt, so not sure what to make of the other threads on using too much lube, but I would stay away from getting lube on the sear. Good luck with your SLG!
Phoman is offline   Reply With Quote