Originally Posted by Darthdoug
I noticed my name is up there on the 'history' section of the NCPA website. So I'll live in infamy even if U-M paintball is slacking lately.
You may want to put aside the history and brush up on CURRENT events.
U of M isn't slacking at all as of late. If anything, they're rocking right now.
- They have a pretty large active STUDENT roster with 15-20 right now.
- They've been consistent in staying both recognized and FUNDED by the school and NCPA tournament active since re-birth in 2003 (I restarted the club at Dearborn and then reached out to the A2 people to do the same).
(As I'm typing this, they have 7 guys on their way to the Fall MICT in McLean, IL for their second event of the season tomorrow).
- They are aided not only by one of the core NCPA sponsors (KEE), but also have dealer hookups with ProCaps (APS/Draxxus), Dye, Bawls, Crossfire, and Allen Paintball. We may go after Eclipse soon because they have a sweeeeet college package program (ask MichTech).
- They are launching a rec-ball club for the Michigan students that are more casual players that may feel intimidated by jumping into speedball. The ultimate goal is for the club to serve as a fundraiser first, then also a feeder/weeder for players into the tourney team.
-This year, they've started hosting an annual NCPA div. AA event. Small turnout this year (Where was Sparty??) but maybe if clubs get it together, it will be better next time around.
BTW, UM took second in the prelim and 3rd overall. Not bad for a roster of legit full-time students that actually take their 4 years seriously.
- They're open to helping other schools in the state lower their costs by offering to put them in touch with the same NCPA core sponsors we have. We feel this will help grow the college scene in Michigan further.
Wayne State was a recent attempt to do that but the school wants players to PAY THEM $40 a semester in exchange for useless services AND NO FUNDING (%*#@!). Don't go to Wayne State. I do as a grad student and it sucks. I may transfer back to Michigan)
And while I'm not jumping in MSU's thread with the intent to flame you, I just can't help the urge to laugh because whenever the subject comes up about paintball at State, it's never anything positive about them other than how good the sand-baggers who don't even go to the school are (see previous posts), but rather about how bad U of M's club might be.
Otherwise, you generally revert down to football for laughs (Hello??? PAINTBALL discussion forum, remember?).
So before you MSU fans start dissing those kids down in A2, you may want to start nagging MSU to work on their program first. Because as MSU stands right now, they couldn't even field 5 students for an event that was less than 70 miles away.
But hey, at least they registered ... and at least Michigan was ON THE FIELD against Toledo.
But all dissing aside and like I said above, we can offer help with lowering costs to get State back up and running if they don't already have it. We like MSU because we both hate Ohio State more. Remember?
And it's not about us making $$ at all. The truth is, we miss MSU. Particularly the way the sun reflected off their hair in the morning sun during the captain's meetings and the returned smiles they always gave whenever our eyes met by destined chance.
But finally, no insult intented. I just needed to get the facts straight.