Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 AM #1
FNORD
Woodsballer

So what's up with the fogging on Save Phace lenses?

I have the Boo mask, all 3 of my lenses have 1-12 in a circle, with 8-ARROW-0 in the middle.

- What does that mean btw? that the date or year or something?

Have people been reporting fogging? Coz mine fogged, I tried 2 of them. Only worn once so far, on a fairly warm day (18 degrees celcius), the amber one fogged really bad very quickly before the game even started, and even the thermal one still fogged significantly albiet took longer to fog.

It should be noted too that I don't think these weather conditions are at all unsusual or extreme, I tried my JT Proflex the same day which has a thermal lense, and as usual the trusty JT lense has never fogged on me.
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 AM #2
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Give customer service a call. None of my Save Phace lenses have fogged. Even in high humidity at night.

TELEPHONE
1-866-783-3223 ext. 3

EMAIL
CustomerService@savephace.com

FYI 18C = 64F
Old 09-28-2008, 12:31 AM #3
FNORD
Woodsballer

Thanks for that. Played again (a big scenario) today, similar temperature except more wind... and alas, still significant fogging with the thermal lense. I ended up changing back to the trusty JT... again... which did not fog.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM #4
AmbushSabre
Where the white women at?

AmbushSabre helped look for balloons
My problem was I was a moron and did not take off the lens protector plastic layer. idk.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 PM #5
akara13
South West PB

akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akara13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
akara13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the numbers are code for when the mask was made, like a batch number. I don't have a thermal but I have only had my lenses collect condensation on the outside and that was at night with very high humidity, I live in the South East USA. If yo are having any problems with your mask get in touch with customer service and they will take care of you.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:05 PM #6
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

The lenses should not be fogging under just about any conditions. Are you experiencing fogging or condensation?? Fogging is where the lens turns white and you can not see out of it. Condensation is a collection of moisture that you can see through. If your lens is fogging, please contact our customer service department right away to get replacements at 866-783-3223 ext 3.

There are some people who experience condensation. Everyone has a different body chemistry and has different experiences with our mask as a result. Some people who have dealt with the condensation have found that removing the forehead helps alleviate the problem as this will add a bit more ventilation in the eye area. Others have done better with the thermal pane lenses and it sounds like you had a little better luck with that one. Try removing the forehead piece and see if that takes care of the issue.

Once again, if it is fogging that you are having a problem with - please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will take care of sending you a replacement.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:38 PM #7
daveJRB

i had condensation problens and took the top part off and it fixed the condensation problem
Old 10-01-2008, 02:04 AM #8
FNORD
Woodsballer

Hey thanks guys. Yes it IS DEFINITELY condensation and not fogging, I don't normally bother to make the distinction between the two. And I haven't removed the forehead piece yet so I'll do that next time I'm out. Thanks for the tip and I'll report on how much difference it makes.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 PM #9
FNORD
Woodsballer

Well it worked, similar weather conditions from last 3 weeks, I removed the upper forehead piece and voila, no more condensation, yay!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:06 PM #10
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNORD View Post
Well it worked, similar weather conditions from last 3 weeks, I removed the upper forehead piece and voila, no more condensation, yay!
Good to hear. A lot of people(like me)sweat alot and the forehead protection prevents proper ventilation.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:19 PM #11
russc
Avratech Tech

russc posts videos on PbNation
russc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDIY...ture=rec-fresh
Old 10-10-2008, 10:24 PM #12
TheWarlord

Condensation on Warlord mask

So I have the Save Phace Warlord mask. I just got it and had SIGNIFICANT condensation problems. I didn't wear the visor piece. What forehead piece are you suggesting to remove?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM #13
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarlord View Post
So I have the Save Phace Warlord mask. I just got it and had SIGNIFICANT condensation problems. I didn't wear the visor piece. What forehead piece are you suggesting to remove?
The piece that is removable at the top of the mask. There are 4 screws on the inside of the mask above the lens area that can be removed and the forehead piece will come off. This allows for more ventillation in the eye area for those that are having issues with condensation.

If you need more help with this, please feel free to call our customer service at 866-783-3223 ext 3.