Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2008, 07:27 AM #43
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuktAwnFoniks View Post
I'm constantly on the fence about Maher. I agree that he's an arrogant prick and I can't ****ing stand the audience at his show. It's got to be the biggest group of Yes Men in the history of live television. He repeats several of the same lines over and over again and it gets old and lame. I still try and watch the show every week though. He's nowhere on par with the likes of Stewart and Colbert.

I still want to see this movie though. Regardless of how arrogant he is about his beliefs, I generally like what he says about religion. He attacks it without mercy, something most people are afraid to do, and I love watching religious zealots squirm.

So regardless of how hacky I think Maher is, I'll be seeing this film.
My thoughts exactly.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
MaTtBoy-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 05:31 PM #44
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

I think it's funny that some people are getting offended by it. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like he just interviews a bunch of people who say they're religious, but don't know what the hell their talking about, so they basically embarrass themselves in front of the world. I don't believe there is a God and I think religion in general is maddd funny, but if he had shown interviews with people who knew what they were talking about and were somewhat sane, they would've gotten solid responses rather than ridiculous bull****.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM #45
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Think Maher is a tool right up there beside Moore and I never really cared for either of them.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Furious_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:43 PM #46
Fistville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistville View Post
Agreed.
Ugggg. I just found out that I have to see it for my film criticism class. GREAT.
Fistville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:51 PM #47
boxerfreeflow00
Never go full retard!

boxerfreeflow00 is a Supporting Member
Great Movie! Very Funny and Entertaining Throughout. Makes a few valid arguments and tries to explain them through interviewing people of different religions.
4/5 Stars imo

PSN: Evil_Goat

My FeedBack 45 Positive & Counting
boxerfreeflow00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM #48
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Like I said, I'd group him in with Michael Moore and Richard Dawkins in that they like to make movies / shows interviewing hot topics in society in order to stir up controversy.

They make for ok entertainment, and I can't say that I despise the works, but I do despise their attitudes and the people whose opinions are suddenly swayed by them. (Examples - The God Delusion and Sicko.)
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:03 PM #49
Mr.Blah

The personas these guys put on is probably just an act, doesn't anyone else think so? Just look at the reactions from some of the people in this forum, a couple of which I would consider to be quite intelligent.

These guys don't need a majority to "win" like politicians, they just need to convince enough people to give them money to turn a profit. They piss off people to attract more attention and entice their core audience to milk more money out of what might otherwise have been a medicore movie with not much showing at the box office. By playing the part of an *** they make it 'edgy' and turn it into a medicore movie that a lot of people will pay to see.

That said, I might rent this someday, no way would I pay to see it on the big screen.
Mr.Blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:11 AM #50
boxerfreeflow00
Never go full retard!

boxerfreeflow00 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blah View Post
The personas these guys put on is probably just an act, doesn't anyone else think so? Just look at the reactions from some of the people in this forum, a couple of which I would consider to be quite intelligent.

These guys don't need a majority to "win" like politicians, they just need to convince enough people to give them money to turn a profit. They piss off people to attract more attention and entice their core audience to milk more money out of what might otherwise have been a medicore movie with not much showing at the box office. By playing the part of an *** they make it 'edgy' and turn it into a medicore movie that a lot of people will pay to see.

That said, I might rent this someday, no way would I pay to see it on the big screen.

You really don't understand the point of a documentary do you? It is not suppose to win awards and break box office records. It is only out there to fill a little niche of people who enjoy them for what they are worth.

PSN: Evil_Goat

My FeedBack 45 Positive & Counting
boxerfreeflow00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:21 PM #51
mannny
This is the Pagoda

Just saw the movie last night, I thought it was pretty entertaining, and I actually didn't hate Bill Maher as much as I usually do. This movie isn't trying to make a big statement or anything so you people criticizing it, stop making such a big deal out of it.
mannny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:08 PM #52
05 sp33d

im i could care less about his political views.... i hate him because he a pompous *******
05 sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote