PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2008, 07:34 PM #1
Fatal Makiej90
Leave of Absence

ideas on a workout plan/diet

yah im 5'6" and over weight, just wondering what you my fellow paintballers would recommend for a workout plan and diet. Money is tight so a gym and smart ones is out of the question, ive been trying to consume more home made sandwhiches like ham and cheese and turkey and cheese, try to drink alot of water, and limit my portions. As for a workout plan i dont have a solid workout i go for a walk at least 3 times a week and run about once a week, running and me never really got along to well even when i was in excellent shape lol anyways just trying to get a solid plan together thats economically fit, my main focus is to improve my 40 yard dash and lose weight prefibly 45 pounds. Thanks for the help.

New Hampshire Indoor Paintball N.H.I.P.
Fatal Makiej90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM #2
Worr, the wee tot. (Banned)

I'm going to resist the urge to tell you to go **** yourself and learn how to use google, but I'm in a good mood so I'll try to help you out instead.

First suggestion really is to get your *** on google and stop asking stupid questions that can be answered in less than 15 seconds by typing them into a search bar.

Once you take care of that, get down to business. Find out what constitutes healthy food (I'll give you a hint: look for food in the most natural state you can possibly find it in and you'll generally be in pretty good shape). Then get out there and start busting your ***, it's that simple. Try to aim for a macro nutrient (carbohydrates, protein, fat) ratio of 40/40/20 (in that respective order) and make changes as necessary every two weeks or so. Eat 5-6 small meals per day rather than 3 big ones, and try to make the macro nutrient ratio 40/40/20 in each individual meal as well. Make sure that every meal contains about 1/6th of your target caloric intake (which you should figure out if you want to actually try to get healthier) for the day, assuming that you eat 6 meals per day.

As for exercise, don't try to bull**** yourself into thinking that what you're doing is actually helping. It's not...not even in the least. You need to actually bust your ***, and you're not going to like it, but if you want to get results you need to put in the effort. If you don't like running, then don't run...there are a thousand other intensive cardio activities you could do instead, many of which tend to be a lot nicer to your knees than running is. And don't blow off weight lifting - it won't "burn fat" in quite the same way that cardio does (except for HIIT, which is something you need to research), but with enough of it you will eventually raise your resting metabolic rate. You need to research that too, by the way.

Above all - set a schedule and stick to it, don't make excuses, do what you know you need to do, and you're riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels.
Worr, the wee tot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 PM #3
Fatal Makiej90
Leave of Absence

thank you for resisting the urge because im not having the greatest day lol, thanks for the help

New Hampshire Indoor Paintball N.H.I.P.
Fatal Makiej90 is offline   Reply With Quote