Community Focus

Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM #43
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict

saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Sorry I will take a PE Gun over any other gun out there. I like it when I spend my Mcdonalds paycheck on things that work... could you emagine the horror if I spent it on Dye, SP, BL ect. only to have leaking issues do to poor Tolerances. Or even better spend more money on a stupid upgrade to make it more durable or efficient. How stupid is that? Common sense people. PE makes great products that work out of the box. Reliable and efficient. No need for someone's stupid bolt in order to make it more efficient or reliable. No dow because of variable tolerances. Atleast on the ego anyways. Did not catch weather or not you needed dow for the GEO as the PE grease is supposed to be similar to Sleek. So I assume the tolerances would be better than a quest, marq, shocker, dm, ect. As I believe All of these markers need Dow 55 to get them to seal right.

You get what you pay for with PE.

Just got confirmation that the GEO requires no Dow 55 to get it to seal. Just saved a little more of my McDonalds paycheck.

PE FTW!
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: www.primelinkonline.com and ADVOCARE

GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!

Last edited by saint : 10-09-2008 at 09:37 PM.
saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM #44
EgoManiacal
We'll make great pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoManiacal View Post
Planet Eclipse GEO - 1250
Hollowpoint Ion XE - 300

So basically you're paying 950 dollars for milling, a better board, a little better flow path (doesn't look like there's any internal hoses, just that massive gasket), maybe slightly better efficiency (yet to be seen) and great customer service. Although I must say that Deadlywind's CS impressed me more than PE's (I own an 06 Ego and an HP ion).

You decide if it's worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostazncause View Post

Keep in mind I highlight all these features not as a marketing spiel for what a stock geo does have, but rather as a demonstration of what a stock ion does Not have.
EgoManiacal, I will concede that the bolt design of the hollowpoint ion and geo are somewhat similar. However, on almost all other accounts, a stock ion simply cannot compare to a stock geo.
I understand that the components that go into a Geo are of a much higher calibre than those on an Ion. I tried to put that in my original post, but perhaps I did not emphasize it enough. I realize the solenoid is unlike anything put on the market, I know the eclipse barrels are high quality (although I don't understand the point of putting a 2-piece stock on a gun when the individual bores are so bloody expensive and you just end up buying the kit anyway). I love the reg on my 06 Ego, and I know they've gotten better since then. Eclipse annodizing is usually top-notch, and the milling on my 06 is practically flawless.

My point was that the op of the gun isn't revolutionary, the solenoid is pretty spiffy but heck, when it boils down to it this is just a refined mag with an air return instead of springs. I guess I just get frustrated when so much hype and money goes into a marker. Seems to me there's better ways to spend $1250.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM #45
lostazncause

lostazncause helped look for balloons
saint: sleek is dow 33. That's why on the tube it's spelled SL33K. In other words, shockers and dms all use the same lube your geo is going to use and you'll need dow in one form or another. The only guns I've known to use dow 55 are bob long guns, and even then bob said a while back that dow 33/sleek doesn't void warranty.

EgoManiacal: from that perspective, then yes I can understand your frustrations

Proudly Sponsored by:
On-Demand
☆AXBL Somerville Crisis ♥'s East Coast Army...☠
BostonPaintball | DXS | VisuallyImpliedPhotography | We Kill Suckers
lostazncause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 PM #46
bronc.v2 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostazncause View Post
saint: sleek is dow 33. That's why on the tube it's spelled SL33K. In other words, shockers and dms all use the same lube your geo is going to use and you'll need dow in one form or another. The only guns I've known to use dow 55 are bob long guns, and even then bob said a while back that dow 33/sleek doesn't void warranty.

EgoManiacal: from that perspective, then yes I can understand your frustrations
I see Bob with tubs of hater sauce *cough*98% dow 33*cough* when they are out and about. But all spoolers will use pretty much the same stuff since they all pretty much work the same way at similar pressures.
bronc.v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:32 AM #47
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

Eh 1200 is a lot of money.
If you are working at McDonalds you need to be not buying a 1200 dollar paintball gun and you need to be paying for school or something to get your *** a better job.
If you want to spend the money, spend the money. This isn't going to be hands down the best gun out there. It is probably just a little lighter/smaller/more efficient (maybe a lot more efficient) than my ul pm7. But I have all day air and weight and size is all preference. Hell I want the geo but I would definitely not put getting it on top of my priorities.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 AM #48
omlette2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk3r_K1ng View Post
I bought a ego 8 last week. I should have just waited a month I suppose. Are there any changes from 08 to 09 ego?
Yes a brand new solenoid assembly, orignially all of the speed came for mthe QEv's, well now the solenoid is smaller and has the same speed, new milling, new grips, shaft3 barrel, S3 inline reg, apparently mroe efficient, more trigger gurad space, less trigger gurad space as Sl8r.
Vibe Owners Club #10
Shocker NXT/ Vibe/
Crossy 70/45
Empire B2/ Torque

Superman Shocker NXT F/S
omlette2331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM #49
!sense
Ego Tech

!sense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sorry to spoil your day bunk3r_K1ng

Flow is 4 times better ( old solenoid designed to deliver +- 60l/min - new one does 250l/min)
Pressure is about 50% lower with the quieter sound signature that goes with it
No more QEV's (which was a weak point in the 08's)
Sound integrated in the board (was an optional purchase on the 08)
Bespoke serviceable solenoid (designed by PE) - the solenoid on the 08 was made by another co, and not user serviceable at all. If it failed, you had to replace it

At the end, they were selling the 08's at much reduced prices, I hope you at least got a good deal. The 08 will still give you good performance and good, reliable service. If you had a tighter budget, you made the best possible move, by buying technology that is far from obsolete but has reduced in price.

Early adopters pay a high price in terms of depreciation and possible teething problems. The Ego is not a new design, so teething problems there is highly unlikely. The Geo however is new, and although it has been under development for years now, none of us know everything and issues may arise in the future. You'll be in safe hands though as Eclipse is THE company for backup service and support. It is the only company I've ever received technical bulletins from regarding possible issues. They will even pro actively send replacement parts to their service centers if they become aware of a batch of dodgy o-rings for example. This is all part and parcel of what you buy with an Eclipse gun, not just the part that you can see and hold in your hands.
!sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM #50
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict

saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiE View Post
Eh 1200 is a lot of money.
If you are working at McDonalds you need to be not buying a 1200 dollar paintball gun and you need to be paying for school or something to get your *** a better job.
If you want to spend the money, spend the money. This isn't going to be hands down the best gun out there. It is probably just a little lighter/smaller/more efficient (maybe a lot more efficient) than my ul pm7. But I have all day air and weight and size is all preference. Hell I want the geo but I would definitely not put getting it on top of my priorities.
Hey when you work at Mcdonalds... that is all you think about, spending yo money. How many times do you get the wrong order.... LOL.

It is all about paintball and the best markers in the world... PE markers.
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: www.primelinkonline.com and ADVOCARE

GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!
saint is offline   Reply With Quote