PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM #1
codestp202
Hrvatska

Place to purchase Ka-Bars?

I think this is the right place to ask this

Im looking to purchase a Ka-bar in the near future to carry while hunting. I mainly would like to carry it while coyote hunting because I do not feel safe just carrying my rifle or whatever I will be hunting with at the time. So, anyone that has used the ka-bars, what sheath have you used that came with it, i know theres a couple different kinds like the old style kydex, than a new style kydex sheath. Also, would it be smarter to get the short style ka-bar or the normal 7 inch blade on it just for personal use/ protection while hunting?
And my final question, is there a place that gives military-style discounts? I have alot of faith in cheaper than dirt but i kinda just want the plain black style but it only comes with the cheap leather sheath when the more expensive foliage version comes with the really good kydex sheath.

thanks alot

tl:dr- need kabar, short or long kabar for personal use? were to buy it? what is a good sheath
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 05:30 PM #2
gun slayer
Yes, I'm an *******.

gun slayer is a Supporting Member
gun slayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i got mine at www.uscav.com think...i know ive bought **** from there before, but that was over 3 years ago....so I dont remember exactly

might also try www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Last edited by gun slayer : 10-06-2008 at 08:59 PM.
gun slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM #3
Rugrat

has been a member for 10 years
Go through AAFES mall to Bridge Quartermasters site. 10% discount and reduced shipping.

As far as Ka-Bar knives go.

The Shorts are just that, shortend versions of the normal ones. EVERYTHING has been scaled down so blade lenght is shorter but the handle has been shrunk as well. I wasn't impressed. I would go with a full size version if you're going to do it.

For the Record I have a Traditional Ka-Bar, leather sheath, but I now carry a Gerber LMFII. Far superior to my old Ka-Bar IMO.
CPPA #2701
Rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:22 PM #4
codestp202
Hrvatska

with the aafes thing, i tried that earlier today and what is with the social security number. im 15 1/2 and what am i supposed to say to my rents? i need your ss # to look at the prices lol. is there a direct link where i can look at the stuff instead of signing up first? thanks

edit: 1 more question, ive heard something about ranger bands somewhere there like giant rubberbands that i can put around the bottom of the web gear version of the sheath to my leg, or is there kinda like a special type of rope type stuff to go through the bottom holes on the sheath to secure it to my leg after its been secured by my belt?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM #5
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh

O Hai Cody
Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM #6
Rugrat

has been a member for 10 years
BQ web site actiongear.com
CPPA #2701
Rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM #7
codestp202
Hrvatska

thanks alot man
Old 10-07-2008, 07:02 PM #8
karnavorrr

http://www.newgraham.com/default.aspx

http://www.knifeworks.com/

If you aren't totally set on Ka-Bar I would check out bladeforums for a nice custom for around $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post

edit: 1 more question, ive heard something about ranger bands somewhere there like giant rubberbands that i can put around the bottom of the web gear version of the sheath to my leg, or is there kinda like a special type of rope type stuff to go through the bottom holes on the sheath to secure it to my leg after its been secured by my belt?
You can use a bike innerrube for a ranger band. As for the rope stuff use 550 paracord.

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...tegory_ID= 19

Each time he got through, he was told he needed to give a street address before an ambulance could be sent. "

Last edited by karnavorrr : 10-07-2008 at 07:10 PM.
karnavorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM #9
DM6 KILLA
I'm back haters!

DM6 KILLA helped look for balloons
www.rangerjoes.com

www.uspatriotstore.com
BostonBrutality #5
www.comittedpaintball.com
www.allstarrpaintball.com
.OG Sandana Owners Club. Educate Yourself.
VSB
DM6 KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 PM #10
Ringwood1237

Dude 'yote hunting isn't grizzly or lion hunting, they don't try to attack you and even if they do most of them weight 50-75lbs. A year ago some 75 year old guy wrestled one to the ground and pinned it there for 30 minutes until the police got there to deal with it.
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 PM #11
DM6 KILLA
I'm back haters!

DM6 KILLA helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwood1237 View Post
Dude 'yote hunting isn't grizzly or lion hunting, they don't try to attack you and even if they do most of them weight 50-75lbs. A year ago some 75 year old guy wrestled one to the ground and pinned it there for 30 minutes until the police got there to deal with it.
and im sure if he had a k-bar he would have shanked the mother****er and been done with it lol
BostonBrutality #5
www.comittedpaintball.com
www.allstarrpaintball.com
.OG Sandana Owners Club. Educate Yourself.
VSB
DM6 KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 PM #12
codestp202
Hrvatska

yea basically. and its just not for protection...