Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 PM #22
bracer028

yea the epi isn't just that worth it.

even with the upgrades, its still no etek.

the stock etek for 300 beats this gun anyday of the week even fully upped.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 PM #23
bunkrnoobs
PEACHES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanwatson@comcast.n View Post
buy a mini
yah get a mini i no a kid that has 1 and has probably not even put a case thrue it
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 PM #24
Brute06

I'll never understand people's fascinations with Egos. They're loud, they're not that much lighter than other guns (excluding the SL8R, and it SHOULD be for the near $2000 tag it has). Honestly, you'd do better to buy a Vice and rock that. The Gen 5 Timmies are pretty amazing and they beat the crap out of an Ego's price. As for the Etek, well, whatever. You're still gonna be made fun of by "real" Ego owners, whatever that means, so there's really no reason to by an Etek for the hype either.

It really just depends on what feel you prefer. If you like the stacked tube feel, then IMO a Vice is amazing (or if you're budget conscious, in which case you shouldn't even be worrying about high end guns, then a used Protege is the exact same internally as a vice). The Vice is amazing even in comparison to an Ego. If you like spoolies, then an Epiphany is just fine, especially given the price tag. I don't understand the craziness about all of the "high end" guns. I can only consider it hype. The features and feel just don't justify a $1000+ price tag. I love my Marq, but I would've never even thought of buying it if it had that kind of price tag. If you're not a tourney baller or a spoiled rotten brat, then buy something more practical and use your money to buy some paint. I've never seen a person's game improve due to a more expensive gun. I have, however seen a person's game improve by finding the right gun for them, and in most cases it was cheaper then their previous gun.
Brute06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 AM #25
bracer028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
I'll never understand people's fascinations with Egos. They're loud, they're not that much lighter than other guns (excluding the SL8R, and it SHOULD be for the near $2000 tag it has). Honestly, you'd do better to buy a Vice and rock that. The Gen 5 Timmies are pretty amazing and they beat the crap out of an Ego's price. As for the Etek, well, whatever. You're still gonna be made fun of by "real" Ego owners, whatever that means, so there's really no reason to by an Etek for the hype either.

It really just depends on what feel you prefer. If you like the stacked tube feel, then IMO a Vice is amazing (or if you're budget conscious, in which case you shouldn't even be worrying about high end guns, then a used Protege is the exact same internally as a vice). The Vice is amazing even in comparison to an Ego. If you like spoolies, then an Epiphany is just fine, especially given the price tag. I don't understand the craziness about all of the "high end" guns. I can only consider it hype. The features and feel just don't justify a $1000+ price tag. I love my Marq, but I would've never even thought of buying it if it had that kind of price tag. If you're not a tourney baller or a spoiled rotten brat, then buy something more practical and use your money to buy some paint. I've never seen a person's game improve due to a more expensive gun. I have, however seen a person's game improve by finding the right gun for them, and in most cases it was cheaper then their previous gun.
you can always trust brute's opinion, except his opinions on egos.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM #26
Brute06

LOL, one day people will see the light. LOL
Brute06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM #27
tachman
Gunfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
.........I've never seen a person's game improve due to a more expensive gun. I have, however seen a person's game improve by finding the right gun for them, and in most cases it was cheaper then their previous gun.
Thats the case with me right now.

I went from a pretty built epiphany, traded it for an 05 Vision Impulse.

and I will say, I love the impulse, it is a solid shooting platform.

and also the project on the side, is the 04 prostock cocker, with and E1 Eblade.

but really, I suggest an older marker.
tachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 PM #28
t21sccr
ifyourgunnawipeusecharmin

t21sccr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
t21sccr supports Team VICIOUS
t21sccr is for the Gunfight
i think the epiphanys consistent shot is pretty much what gets me over any other gun espescially the ion. My friends love shooting my gun (besides the weight) for how consistently it shoots, but a new feed neck is NECESSARY

Want an 08 or 09 EGO, PM me :)
t21sccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM #29
bracer028

i actually don't find the epi that consistent nor is it that accurate.

i don't have ball on ball accuracy with the epi compared to an "ancient" dm4. that DM4 is accurate as hell even with sucky paint.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM #30
tachman
Gunfighter

^^ same thing with my impulse or my cocker. very consistent.

I am really convinced that SP's quality has gone down in the past 3 years, ever since the Impulse got the ax.
tachman is offline   Reply With Quote