Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 AM #43
Phal

Looking for an opinion here. Late June I started a 1500 cal/day diet, and since early September, I started running every day, but the diet, while very clean interms of fat and carbs intake as been loosening up. I've went from 6'1 275 to 227.5.

Just curious to what a good number of calories to eat in a day would be for someone of my build, with daily exercise involved.
Phal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM #44
lightrick
just a trick of light

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phal View Post
Looking for an opinion here. Late June I started a 1500 cal/day diet, and since early September, I started running every day, but the diet, while very clean interms of fat and carbs intake as been loosening up. I've went from 6'1 275 to 227.5.

Just curious to what a good number of calories to eat in a day would be for someone of my build, with daily exercise involved.
In my experience, you can eat as much as you want daily as long as you limit the size of your meals. Make sure you eat breakfast and that the rest of your meals are healthy choices.

288 confirmed kills.
I heard before they hit you, you hear the screams of a thousand kangaroos.
The Iraqi's fearfully call them "the butchering dingos"."

"Originally posted by Seatbelts: god lightrick is the man i aspire to be."
lightrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM #45
Phal

I eat cereal, usually with a sliced banana for breakfast, and try to eat a total of 6 meals on the day.
Phal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:31 AM #46
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Your biggest meal of the day should be breakfast. It jump starts your metabolism in the morning.

"Originally posted by LostFaction15: :tup: to all of you

except for maddog, hes a doucher"
matrixkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:27 PM #47
_V_ (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrick View Post
In my experience, you can eat as much as you want daily as long as you limit the size of your meals. Make sure you eat breakfast and that the rest of your meals are healthy choices.
Did that sound like a complete contradiction to anyone else but me?

Anyways, 1500 calories is fairly broad, whats a good example of your diet daily? And what kind of exercise are you doing in detail. 50lbs lost is definintly an achievement.
_V_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM #48
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
Did that sound like a complete contradiction to anyone else but me?

Anyways, 1500 calories is fairly broad, whats a good example of your diet daily? And what kind of exercise are you doing in detail. 50lbs lost is definintly an achievement.
I think what he meant is that you should be eating constantly, instead of eating a small breakfast, a slightly larger lunch, and then gorging yourself at dinner. The consistency of your intake will help make up for more calories you might ingest.

He might have said it a bit clearer or explained it more, since most people who aren't into fitness wouldn't really know what he was getting at.

At least, that's what I think he was trying to get at.

Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM #49
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixkid89 View Post
8 pounds is actually a huge gain, even in two months. Whats your diet look like? How many calories are you taking in in a day?
I guarantee some of it was water, some fat, and some muscle. In two months of beginning to eat more and lift, it's not that huge.

You're not eating 5,000 calories everyday. You're close with those shakes, but on non-lifting days, you're down around 2,500.
Quote:
2 packets of oatmeal 300 calories
with peanut butter on toast maybe 140 calories
or raisin bran with 3 boiled eggs again, eggs are 70 each, raison bran maybe 250 depending on the size of the bowl.

You're maybe at 400-500 for breakfast.

9am-protein bar 380

11:30-protein shake on non workout days,otherwise nothing
1,000 or 0

lunch(1pm)-usually whatever is in the plate lunch line vegetables and everything
who knows, I'm guessing 500

2:45-usually a ham cheese and tomato sandwich with an orange
140 in bread, 300 ham, 100 cheese, tomato is negligable, orange is like 50

600 total for snack

5pm:on workout days,protein shake after workout
1,000 or nothing
7pm:chicken of some sort or salmon/tuna,sometimes steak with pasta,tonight had turkey meat loaf
chicken is like 100 per breast, salmon is like 150, steak is like 200
pasta like 250

So like 450 at most

9:30pm:protein shake everyday then bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phal View Post

You need to eat more, but eat healthier. Lifting a few weights will help you lose fat and will not build enough muscle so that you look like you're gaining weight.
flarkey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:52 PM #50
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
protein shake = 1000 calories?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM #51
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

I don't know man, that's what he said... I've seen mass gainers with numbers like that though.
flarkey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:34 PM #52
_V_ (Banned)

My mass gainer had 1200.
_V_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 PM #53
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

It's getting really hard to maintain a high caloric intake in college. Theres no way I would even survive off of my meal plan alone and I've been having my mom send me in shipments of food from Sam's Club in bulk every week....My new best friend is my EAS Myoplex shake. 300 calories, 42 grams protein, 20 grams carbs, 7 grams fat
Turb0 Negr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 PM #54
HotѕaucE
DubV

Anyone have any links on things I can do to get faster and gain stamina? I would look it up myself but I'm about to go out so I have no time.

I want to get back into lax when I'm in college. I used to be starting attackmen and was a top 3 goal scorer every year but one year I got really lazy and decided to quit. Worst decision of my life and I really miss lax so hopefully I can get back into it and get into the best physical shape of my life.
HotѕaucE is offline   Reply With Quote