Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM #22
Gig 'em
Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I think I'm going to start following this workout regime, and mix in the running with it, along with the weekends
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 PM #23
It's Good to be the King
 has been a member for 10 years
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
What about fielding? Arm strength is key.
I get the idea though... I'll start rotating legs in a lot more

By the way, I've had 3 knee surgeries already and I'm only 17, so anything done with legs hurts like ****. Including running... track is about the hardest thing I can run on.
Arm strength? Through workouts? Lol, wut.

I'm sorry to say, but arm strength for throwing isn't gained through working out. Sure, you can build your legs for a better push off, and you can strengthen your forearms and shoulders, and together it can help a little, but if you have a weak arm, you will always have a weak arm. Strong arms are genetic. You can help yourself a little, but all in all, the help is negligible compared to how it is naturally. Look at most pitchers in the majors, they don't exactly look like third basemen or a big *** outfielder. If being big upper body wise worked, pitchers would be huge.

Baseball is 98% quads, hamstrings, and core. If you did a hard core workout, you'd be ahead of 75% of others you'll be competing with, at least in the workout fitness area for baseball.

Oh, and if you have access to a pool, swimming is a real good overall exercise. You can also do other exercises underwater, which adds a little resistance and is supposedly easier on your joints. I say supposedly, because I haven't truly tried it, so I have no personal experience to compare between out of water exercises and doing exercises under water.
ST: A Constant Probationary Status

Black to Blue Cobra G7

Last edited by shiboboo : 10-03-2008 at 08:56 PM.
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote