Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM #1
Thrill.Ride07

Why is apple falling to peices - AAPL

i did some homework and purchased 25 shares at 111.75 a share.
waiting on the bill to pass which it did today, but stock is still plummiting.

Most tech stocks are dropping at this time, but why?

i know people dont have that extra 1000 to buy an apple computer as apose to a dell, but that doesnt stop whiney 14 year olds from getting thier ipods and people going off to school getting thier macbooks.

Who knows more on these causes.

Thanks.

Mr. Stock Pick's Blog
Thrill.Ride07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 PM #2
Max S (Banned)
Jim

Why would you put money into the stock market right now?
Max S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:29 PM #3
Thrill.Ride07

I was hoping for a jump once the bill passed, but it just plunged,
i guess im in for long-term now. like most appl investors.
might buy some more shares if it hits low 90s high 80's

whats everyone doing in this situation?
buying? selling?
sitting on the sidelines?

Mr. Stock Pick's Blog
Old 10-03-2008, 06:58 PM #4
OldSkoolFool

OldSkoolFool is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm waiting for signs of bottom to buy some calls. I think this quarter will show decent results. Sold a ton of Iphones. It won't go lower than 85. 110 is an alright price to get in if you don't mind holding on for a few months.
OldSkoolFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM #5
Thrill.Ride07

I guess thats the plan,
Exit strategy is at: 200
and i might buy again if it dips down low and hang on to hope for a young retirement!
what are you basing the bottem calls at?
what is going to make your decision on whether your buying this week or next week etc.
Thanks, it was my first trade and i do know aapl is more of a long term stock, and i do believe one day they will take over the ocmputer industry just because they are so much more advanced, and easier to use once you get to use one. When i start my business macs will be the only thing we are using.

Mr. Stock Pick's Blog
Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 PM #6
mulletstation

sadly mac's do not integrate well into the business world.

Unix or Windows: the only productive choices.

justinwb: "Thats great.......I dont really care what you think, you arent part of my target audience. My target audience would be someone with an IQ over 120." http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8254/outx.jpg
mulletstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 AM #7
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill.Ride07 View Post
i did some homework and purchased 25 shares at 111.75 a share.
waiting on the bill to pass which it did today, but stock is still plummiting.

Most tech stocks are dropping at this time, but why?

i know people dont have that extra 1000 to buy an apple computer as apose to a dell, but that doesnt stop whiney 14 year olds from getting thier ipods and people going off to school getting thier macbooks.

Who knows more on these causes.

Thanks.
Just because you did your homework doesnt mean the stock is going up.
Buys from fundamental analysis take time to play out. These plays respond to earnings, dividends, insider buying etc.
If you like AAPL from the fundamentals it will take months at least to play out.
berry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM #8
TESDUDE101
THE moonstar

Quote:
I guess thats the plan,
Exit strategy is at: 200
and i might buy again if it dips down low and hang on to hope for a young retirement!
what are you basing the bottem calls at?
what is going to make your decision on whether your buying this week or next week etc.
Thanks, it was my first trade and i do know aapl is more of a long term stock, and i do believe one day they will take over the ocmputer industry just because they are so much more advanced, and easier to use once you get to use one. When i start my business macs will be the only thing we are using.
Not bashing your trading strategy, but your opinion on apple is way off. They will never control the computer market for several reasons. #1 It's almost impossible to hold complete control over that industry because its so huge and #2 Because, contrary to what many people say, apples don't offer the business functionality that big companies are looking for. I'm not saying windows based pc's are the sole answer but, you can't say, "ZOMG mac's > all windows and Unix based platforms." So sorry, but read up on the companies your talking about before you make bold claims like you just did.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:46 PM #9
Superiority_Complex

At the startup new media company I work for, we all use Macs. HOWEVER. It's because we use them for programming, not exactly because they're more adapted to the 'business world'.

I'm glad you have such faith in Macs when it comes to your business, but their superiority depends on what their use will be in the end.
Superiority_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM #10
2ffu

appl fell to **** because of a rumor that steve jobs may have had a heart attack. with out him some worry there wouldn't be a whole lot of creative thinking left in the company.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 AM #11
OldSkoolFool

OldSkoolFool is a founding member
Well I pulled the trigger this morning on a couple Oct. 100 calls when it dipped. So far they are up 15%. I have done decent calling some bounces for AAPL in the past, we'll see if it holds true this time around.
OldSkoolFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM #12
Thrill.Ride07

back up to 150 January 2009??

Mr. Stock Pick's Blog
Old 10-06-2008, 05:16 PM #13
Wolffhardt (Banned)

Quote:
back up to 150 January 2009??

Without a doubt.
Wolffhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM #14
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 is BST Trusted
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PLus, rumors of new macbooks are reducing sales currently. Once they are released it might have a small spike
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM #15
tater66

People pulled out on the speculation that Steve Jobs had a heart attack. Before the end of the week im buying up some shares because the new MacBooks are supposed to come out next week (rumored)

"Originally Posted by AR55
Must of been a pretty intense game if you had to wear headbands."
tater66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM #16
coochiehead444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max S View Post
Why would you put money into the stock market right now?
... was that a seriouse question

the answer is why wouldnt you apple is to big of a name. simply it will go back up so nows the time to buy or else ur gonnna be like every1 else wen 4 years ago you could have done the same thing :] and your gonna be like damn now there $225 and i had the chance to buy them at $110 lol

WTB 05/06 XSV EGO, PL EGO'S LOOK ALSO
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...468&highlight=
coochiehead444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM #17
mulletstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coochiehead444 View Post
... was that a seriouse question

the answer is why wouldnt you apple is to big of a name. simply it will go back up so nows the time to buy or else ur gonnna be like every1 else wen 4 years ago you could have done the same thing :] and your gonna be like damn now there $225 and i had the chance to buy them at $110 lol
This is the same thing that happened to CSCO.

justinwb: "Thats great.......I dont really care what you think, you arent part of my target audience. My target audience would be someone with an IQ over 120." http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8254/outx.jpg
mulletstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 AM #18
DaBXRoMeO