PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 PM #1
MedfordMayhem

ion for x7?

some guy wants to trade me a tippmann x7 for my ion. i have a blackheart board in my ion and thats basically it. i play mainly woodsball and maybe like a game of speedball a weekend. what are your opinions

Last edited by MedfordMayhem : 09-29-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 09:49 PM #2
Supertrooper202
Paypal verified *****

Supertrooper202 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
well dont have us tell you what to do.

But IMO, keep the ion. Tippmanns are great guns dont get me wrong, i started off with a a5 and still have it. ITs a downgrade in my eyes.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:43 PM #3
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
chatua plays in the APPA D4 division
Ions would destroy X7s in woodsball and speedball. Just cuz its more a speedball gun doesn't mean it can't be used in the woods.
The way I see it, you have more of an advantage with an Ion in the woods. Light, compact, and fast compared to a heavy gun with the only advantage being it looks like an actual gun.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:28 AM #4
spshocker61
rockin the SP shoebox

has been a member for 10 years
Also, FYI: The X7 is nothing more then an A5 with a very ugly (imo) cheap plastic body kit. My field rents the 98c, A5 and x7 and i laugh every time i see kids pay the extra 5$ rental fee to get the fancy plastic on their gun, lol.

And as the other guys have said, you will never outshoot your ion w/ that x7. But it is also personal preference.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 AM #5
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

lmao... probably the same guy that was here a week or so ago saying that he was trying to rid of his x7 for an ion.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:11 AM #6
pb_freak9666
ST:T's Resident Otaku

Annual Supporting Member
pb_freak9666 donated to help Peyton Trent
pb_freak9666 helped look for balloons
pb_freak9666 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
pb_freak9666 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pb_freak9666 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pb_freak9666 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pb_freak9666 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by openingact View Post
lmao... probably the same guy that was here a week or so ago saying that he was trying to rid of his x7 for an ion.
probably. and imho, the x7 is the worse of all the tippmans. it's a piece o' crap gun. plus like previously stated it's got a plastic non metal body.
XBL - S1YGATHOR - (that's a 1 not an L)
R.I.P Christian James Koehler, I'll miss you buddy.
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way.
"If ya gots more feelin's to express, go into the kitchen and bake yourself a bunt cake."
My Minecraft Server: craftserve.dyndns.org
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM #7
Supertrooper202
Paypal verified *****

Supertrooper202 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wait no, the plastic body has one actual use, to carry tools in the bananna clip out onto the field! soo you know you can jack up your velocity! great idea i think....gets you kicked out of some fields. i think if he were to trade the x7, upgrade the cyclone internals AND got a egrip the thing could only get to like 23 bps max, cyclone really limits it. and the cyclone is a magnet of being shot at since its on the side of the gun.

if ions have horrible resale value, i would assume tippmanns have even worse resale value since tippmanns are looked upon as the most basic brand to get. The starters choice.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 AM #8
xboxdave13
Fame not Fortune

xboxdave13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xboxdave13 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertrooper202 View Post
if ions have horrible resale value, i would assume tippmanns have even worse resale value since tippmanns are looked upon as the most basic brand to get. The starters choice.

actually tipmanns hold there value decently well cause they never change, and are nuclear bomb proof.

you just have to find the right demograph, and obviously the ION thread isnt going to say, GO TIPPMANN!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM #9
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
I'd say no go on the trade. I get shot up a whole bunch when ever I used my tippmann, a friends so I don't like em' and rather have an ion over it.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:05 AM #10
spshocker61
rockin the SP shoebox

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertrooper202 View Post
wait no, the plastic body has one actual use, to carry tools in the bananna clip out onto the field! soo you know you can jack up your velocity! great idea i think....gets you kicked out of some fields. i think if he were to trade the x7, upgrade the cyclone internals AND got a egrip the thing could only get to like 23 bps max, cyclone really limits it. and the cyclone is a magnet of being shot at since its on the side of the gun.

Funny thing that is...because that stupid bananna clip falls out of the gun every chance it gets too, lmao. I watch these kids use them at the field and constantly see them stopping mid run to pick up the clip that just fell out...as they get lit up by the other team

If you really want a tippmann for its durability then save some money and get the A5.....the x7 is a POS in comparison.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 AM #11
maloneoni
The Ronin

the ion also has way better upgrades available.