Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM #1
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
One Last HURRA! At Battlecreek Paintball 9/20 & 21st......come play!

Unfortunately, Battlecreek paintball is closing it's doors...

A note and details on this last weekend of play!...

Hello Everyone!

Sorry haven't been on here for awhile. I have been too busy trying to figure a way to save Battle Creek. Unfortunately, it is true. September 20 and 21 will be our last official weekend. The Game is cancelled and BC is closing. Trust me when I say that this hurts me more than you'll ever know but more is going out than coming in. I can't see continuing to beat a dead horse.

People just don't have the money to spend. You can thank Bush and the other oil cronies.

Lastly, I would like to thank all of you that have came out and supported us through the years. It has been a pleasure knowing all of you.

Perry

P.S. I only have about 25 cases of paint left so you can bring your own this weekend and pay a $15 field fee unless you are a member and then it's still free.
bmpnugls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 PM #2
vmann

Never got a chance to make it up there and was hoping to plan a trip soon.

Wish you the best of luck and hope that things look up for you elsewhere.
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM #3
bmpnugls

Ya, it wasn't personally my field...but our teams home field....and it seems that this central area doesn't have enough players to support a field as three have not shut down in the past 1.5 to 2 years (Ballistic, Slaughter House, and now Battlecreek).....wish we either had the paintball following the STL or KC areas have or that I lived in one of the two...!..
Old 09-18-2008, 05:18 PM #4
LiondogTCR (Banned)

I know its hard for a small field thats not near a big city to get players out. Sorry to hear about Battlecreek shuting down.
LiondogTCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM #5
MiD WeSt BaLlA
ASM Powerd by DSSP8NTBALL

MiD WeSt BaLlA plays in the PSP
MiD WeSt BaLlA donated to help Peyton Trent
MiD WeSt BaLlA owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MiD WeSt BaLlA owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MiD WeSt BaLlA supports Team VICIOUS
MiD WeSt BaLlA plays in the APPA D4 division
O nos no more crazy 3 man and Show-Me games O nos!
|
|My Feedback|
R.I.P. Jason "Towlie" Calef | R.I.P. Andrew "Wigglz" McWilliams | R.I.P. Chef
MiD WeSt BaLlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM #6
.:MM34:.

THAT SUCKS!! BC was the first accual field i played at. I think that if it wasn't for BC I would have probably not stuck with paintball because by the end of 2001 all the people that I had always play with had quit. It was also the first time I realize that there where that many people around that played and never stopped thinking about it. It held the first tournament, and first scenario game I ever played in and it was always nice to go and be able to play open play with 20 to 30 people back then. It had gotten bad shortly before Ballistic opened and though I didn't want to quit playing there, there was seldom anyone there so I moved on. After Ballistic started sucking out loud(seriously, **** got bad), low and behold Perry was back at BC and it was on its up swing again. What really sucks is that it has finally come back to or even surpassed the field that I remembered from then as far as the fields bunkers and all around up keep. Perry's attitude and mine have clashed a few times, but you never want something like this to happen to anybody in the paintball industry let alone the guy that was trying to bring your favorite field back from the dead. Also it doesn't just mean theres one less place for you to play, it means that there are a lot of people that will probably never get the chance to play at THE BEST open play fields in Missouri or even reallize there is such a thing as paintball. I hope the best for Perry in his future endeavours, and hope that he is still in paintball after it all shakes out. Thomas and I are bring a group of people we work with out on Saturday morning so if anyone wants to join us by all means do!! This truely is the end of an era for paintball in Mid Mo.

Corporal, Easy Co. 506th 101st Airborne (D-Day 2011)○2nd Lt., Fox Co. 506th 101st Airborne (D-Day 2012)○XO, 506th 101st Airborne (D-Day 2013)○XO, 506th 101st Airborne(D-Day 2014)
.:MM34:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM #7
bmpnugls

You nailed it Matt....good to see you on here !.. and good to see your headed out to BC tomorrow...looking like I'll be out there as well...from the sounds of it, ...there will be a nice crowd tomorrow for sure!!

The worst thing is...BC did have some GREAT woodsball fields...and Perry and group had done a lot to them this year to even make them better and to see it all just go away really SUCKS!! As BC is too where I first played...and if it weren't for BC I probably wouldn't be playing today!..
Old 09-19-2008, 05:18 PM #8
bmpnugls

I would encourage anyone who hasn't ever played at BC to make it out this weekend! it's supposed to be a very nice weekend for paintball...and even if you have played BC before...come and show your respects for "the last" Mid-MO field!!..
Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM #9
llSmithll

has been a member for 10 years
Ah dammit, I had a craving for some paintball and this is the news i hear about the local field...
llSmithll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM #10
bmpnugls

There maybe something in the 'works' to bring it (or another field back!)...shhhh.. But it likely won't be until early next year...but the wheels are turning to see what happens...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM #11
llSmithll

I remember being in some pretty fun scenarios there back in the day (6 years ago?). i guess this is what i get for goin to college.
llSmithll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM #12
qwarnon
Midwest/Mizzou

qwarnon helped look for balloons
qwarnon is playing at Living Legends III
qwarnon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im sorry to hear that man... i loved playing with any and all of the po' boys... ill be at mizzou next year and i planned on playing up there with u guys some.. o well i'll just have to play somewhere else i guess.
qwarnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:47 PM #13
hiphophippo8

man i hope they open another field in mid mo cuz i live in columbia and have no where to really play now except in the field by my house which isnt fun cuz its only 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 and if anyone knows about a field opening close or one that is close just tell me please
hiphophippo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups