Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM #1
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
GI bill

Ok, i am confused. I plan on attending the University of Washington in the fall of 2009. I am eligible to receive GI bill benignity after my seasoned training.

How do these benefits pay for my college? How much do I get paid? How does it work?

By the way, if it makes a difference, I am going Air Force Reserve.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
F/S: EVGA GTX770 Classified
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM #2
only4theweak187
 
 
only4theweak187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
talk to your recruiter
__________________
big weiners
only4theweak187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:14 PM #3
justavillain
I've got nothing
 
justavillain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sparta, Michigan
justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
Ok, i am confused. I plan on attending the University of Washington in the fall of 2009. I am eligible to receive GI bill benignity after my seasoned training.

How do these benefits pay for my college? How much do I get paid? How does it work?

By the way, if it makes a difference, I am going Air Force Reserve.
the branch doesn't matter. the new GI bill will go in effect around the time you look to start school. all it's info can be found on the website at

http://www.gibill.va.gov

Also recruiters won't be as much help as the VA rep at the school would be.
__________________
1/24 A. Co. Fallen Marine Memorial

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 PM #4
Paintballin_Dan
New Earth Army
 
Paintballin_Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
recruiters are zero help. its basically up to you to get your benefits activated. i really wish someone would have told me that, now im going a semester without any aid cuz i missed the application deadline apparently.
__________________
United States Army

11B1P
"Another ****ty day in the Double 'A"

"Originally posted by Dr Chewy: 92% of ST can't even spell simple words correctly. The chance of them grasping quantum mechanics is impossible."
Paintballin_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:09 AM #5
berserker19
 
 
berserker19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rampart Range
berserker19 is an NCPA player
Last I checked you can still get paid for time you attend school, even if you get the money later. You might want to call up the VA and talk to them. The reason recruiters won't know is because it isn't their job to know - the VA is not branch.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:40 AM #6
justavillain
I've got nothing
 
justavillain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sparta, Michigan
justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballin_Dan View Post
recruiters are zero help. its basically up to you to get your benefits activated. i really wish someone would have told me that, now im going a semester without any aid cuz i missed the application deadline apparently.
if you talk to your rep you can possibly get back paid for that semester.
__________________
1/24 A. Co. Fallen Marine Memorial

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:43 AM #7
Raion
Girl w/a Gun
 
Raion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Everywhere
Raion plays in the APPA D5 division
The direct deposit $ into your account. There is a pay scale on the internet. Currently at full time I'm getting around $1400 a month.
Raion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM #8
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raion View Post
The direct deposit $ into your account. There is a pay scale on the internet. Currently at full time I'm getting around $1400 a month.
Nice. You active duty or what?
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
F/S: EVGA GTX770 Classified
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 PM #9
berserker19
 
 
berserker19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rampart Range
berserker19 is an NCPA player
The GI bill is a veteran's benefit, and you generally don't draw it until you get out.. the current full time rate is $1,321 a month (for 12 credit hours or more.) Keep in mind the whole system will be changing drastically as of next fall, so you might want to read up on the FAQs if you are seriously planning on going to school on this program
http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Inf...ates080108.htm
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM #10
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
The GI bill is a veteran's benefit, and you generally don't draw it until you get out.. the current full time rate is $1,321 a month (for 12 credit hours or more.) Keep in mind the whole system will be changing drastically as of next fall, so you might want to read up on the FAQs if you are seriously planning on going to school on this program
http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Inf...ates080108.htm
I get it as soon as I apply. I am eligible to apply as soon as I graduate tech school.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
F/S: EVGA GTX770 Classified
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:21 PM #11
cincikid101
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
Ok, i am confused. I plan on attending the University of Washington in the fall of 2009. I am eligible to receive GI bill benignity after my seasoned training.

How do these benefits pay for my college? How much do I get paid? How does it work?

By the way, if it makes a difference, I am going Air Force Reserve.

Dumb question faggit.
cincikid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump