PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM #1
Whiteshadow

has been a member for 10 years
Whiteshadow donated to help Peyton Trent
enlisting and getting out of contracts

end of this month i'm shipping out for af basic. I'm not going to need my phone for said time. Is it possible to get out of the contract without getting ****ed over on an early termination fee? same with my apartment, i have 1 month left which would need to be paid by the 1st, but I'm not going to be there to use it. Somehow we also have a 500 dollar balance on the power bill which I don't even know how the **** happened, but I know I dont have the money for that right now. Can I have these delayed, removed, or am I going to be in debt by the time I'm out of basic?
Whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2008, 08:47 PM #2
madizm

Most cell phone carriers will either put a hold on your account until your able to continue it or some will terminate the contract if you can show proof i.e. orders. Just call the company and talk to them.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM #3
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by madizm View Post
Most cell phone carriers will either put a hold on your account until your able to continue it or some will terminate the contract if you can show proof i.e. orders. Just call the company and talk to them.
yup just explain to them whats going on most will listen
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 PM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
If you have orders to ship they have to cancel the contract, it is covered by the servicemen's relief act and is federal law. They have no choice.
edit: here you go
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/sscra/a/scra2.htm
you might not have actual orders yet, so you might have to get a memorandum from your recruiting station commander.

Last edited by berserker19 : 09-22-2008 at 09:59 PM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 PM #5
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
If you have orders to ship they have to cancel the contract, it is covered by the servicemen's relief act and is federal law. They have no choice.
There's your answer
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 AM #6
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
edit: here you go
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/sscra/a/scra2.htm
you might not have actual orders yet, so you might have to get a memorandum from your recruiting station commander.
My landlord accepted a copy of my MOS reservation sheet, I imagine most places aren't going to be hard ***** about it unless they think you are playing games. You've got no options regarding the lease though, the lease will expire on its own before the SSCRA would come into play anyway.
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote