PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 02:18 PM #43
spud majic
BR Machine

has been a member for 10 years
i run the stock main spring and usually run my velocity in about the middle to allow for adjustment in the game. valve dynamics allows it to work that way on my gun unlike most. and i can use brittle lp paint in my gun if i wanted to without problems but its too expensive for me and it not like i really need it anyway. and the pressure is not the max just as the valve opens... its when the volumetric expansion ratio to the gas input flow is at a minium which is aproximately 1-1.5" down the length of the barrel on my particular setup.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 10:09 PM #44
sgrdaddy80

lol, oh you people dont know how ive enjoyed reading about this moron
Old 03-03-2002, 10:57 AM #45
SGT BiGGiE

Quote:
Originally posted by spud majic
i run the stock main spring and usually run my velocity in about the middle to allow for adjustment in the game. valve dynamics allows it to work that way on my gun unlike most. and i can use brittle lp paint in my gun if i wanted to without problems but its too expensive for me and it not like i really need it anyway. and the pressure is not the max just as the valve opens... its when the volumetric expansion ratio to the gas input flow is at a minium which is aproximately 1-1.5" down the length of the barrel on my particular setup.
umm exactly what dod ya do to your valve to allow this superman operation?,and useing a stock main spring hlf tightened witht he dial will still break 4 out of 10 o average of extreme brittle LP paint.,and where do you play that allows on field velocity adjustments(dial-a-welt)
Old 03-03-2002, 12:23 PM #46
spud majic
BR Machine

the inlet hole on the valve is lightly pionted downward to a channel under the valve pin that allows much more flow of air to the valve. the valve spring on it does not do anything at all besides hold the pin from falling out when not gassed up. the valve face is as large as it can go to still allow .025 of sealing surface on the parimiter of the cup seal and not have the cup seal restrict flow. to make it so that my velocity would not plumit at low pressure i drilled the hole in the body going from the valve to the bolt out to allow 2x the flow over stock. i can use lp paint without breaking it, its as simple as that. for the velocity adjustment i dont change it in the middle of a game. but rather between games(due to tempature issues when using co2). and i dont play tournaments but mostly rec speedball.
Old 03-03-2002, 02:55 PM #47
SGT BiGGiE

what inlet hole?,i got my valve in my hand and maybe i am missing something,bu i see the hole in the bottom for the set screw to hold it in the gun,hole at the top for flowing to the valve,hole at the back that the cupseal seals(which aint really a hole,because on both end of the valve it is wide open)and on the opposite end where the valve stem protrudes,and what do you consider LP paint?,i'd love to see ya try with a nive fresh brittle batch of hell fire(i seen t come out so brittle it breaks in cockers)
Old 03-03-2002, 10:41 PM #48
spud majic
BR Machine

the inlet hole is the one that the cup seal seals. it is angled downward at about 10 degrees to force air tward the channel and away from the hole in the top of the gun. yeah hell fire is what i consider brittle paint. my gun opperates in a low enough range that it would be comparable to if not lower than a cockers opperation pressure.(depending on which kind of cocker you are talking about)
Old 03-08-2002, 04:14 PM #49
FISH EaT SpYdErs
got TWAT?

20 inch barrel?

ok a 20 inch barrel? lp setup? doesnt sound to efficient to me. as far as i know the only 20 inch barrel is a taso stone cold II. and its got a good amount of porting. that mean u'd have to either turn up the velocity, or the input pressure, to get even close to 280 fps with that barrel. both of these would cause u to break brittle paint. and 10 bps? tough to do with ANY gun, i dont care wut it is. especially a mechanical trigger and a POS rebel. and once u get under about 250 psi, theres is absolutely NO difference in efficiency. oh yeah Co2... dont care wut reg u have, could be a palmer stab (the best reg for Co2), and u sould still get drop off at 10 bps, and liquid in the gun, causing u to blow all the seals at worst, or at best have it freeze up for 15 minutes. hell even at 8 bps u would probably freeze it with no means of expansion (a reg doesnt expand liquid, only regulates presure).

and even if ur pull was shorter then ANY mags (which its not), u still wouldnt get the ROF.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:16 PM #50
FISH EaT SpYdErs
got TWAT?

oh yeah

u are a noob, cause u use a stock shutter barrel, and overall the shutter appeals to all noobs. even with that barrel lp eficiency is basically out the window.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:44 PM #51
SGT BiGGiE

actually about the ROF,with my 12v revvy in drop testing it feed's 11bps,and i can outshoot it without thinking about it,just after a logn stream or outshooting it a lot my gun does freeze up
Old 03-08-2002, 08:58 PM #52

john shut up leave him alone u flamer.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:05 PM #53

Re: oh yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by FISH EaT SpYdErs
u are a noob, cause u use a stock shutter barrel, and overall the shutter appeals to all noobs. even with that barrel lp eficiency is basically out the window.
your a newbie because u use a system x barrel.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:27 PM #54
spud majic
BR Machine

well say what you want cause as i sit here i laugh at all the stupid things that most of you say. and believe it or not my gun is all that i have said it to be, nothing more, nothing less. oh and at just cause i can shoot 10 bps doesnt mean that i shoot 10 or more balls. usually 4-5 shot strings at most. if you were actually a good team and played speedball staying in the open for more than 1 second is asking to be shot. (unless of couse you play back which i dont)
Old 03-08-2002, 11:57 PM #55
FISH EaT SpYdErs
got TWAT?

have u ever seen a system x barrel? its not the clear tip 2 piece, its an aluminum 1 piece, and i gaurentee its more accurate and quiet then ur POS stock shutter barrel.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:07 AM #56
spud majic
BR Machine

when did i ever say that my barrel was good? or that your barrel was bad? i didnt. practically any barrel is better than mine. but for what i do it works good enough for me so i use it.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:55 AM #57
SGT BiGGiE

Quote:
Originally posted by spud majic
if you were actually a good team and played speedball staying in the open for more than 1 second is asking to be shot. (unless of couse you play back which i dont)
this is true,i went from playing back to front last time i played speedball and i had about 3 tenths of a second to try to pop off 4 shots before i had to be back in,the kid in th snake with me told me after i was nearly shot wice to just stay in and let him do some clearing work,well,this was off subject completely
Old 03-15-2002, 05:56 PM #58
redmonster13
I hate paintball

I will now end this debate!! No Blowback gun can really shoot faster than 6 or 7 bps. Secondly What blowback is not a clone?
Did you know that the Autococker is a clone? You guys with any exprience in this sport know that when you first started playing that you talked the same crap so lay off these guys!!!!

Gambit
Nationalpaintballsupply
Old 03-15-2002, 07:38 PM #59
SGT BiGGiE

the cocker design was taken from glen palmer,common knowledge,and about the 6-7 BPS,if thats all a blow back can shoot then how can i possibly outshoot a full 12v revvy?
Closed Thread