JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2008, 09:19 PM #23
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
I sort of understand.. but honestly a lot of people, including myself, have been in a situation where we wanted badly to take 'revenge' for the death of a comrade. The difference is, we restrained ourselves because we are professional soldiers and not animals. I want to return to my family as a man, not a murderer. It really sickens me that the perpetrators were senior NCOs and even put their soldiers in this position.
I agree, killing a man who is shooting back is one thing, executing a bound man on his knees is a completely different matter all together.

If the executed were the ones soley responsible for their buddies deaths, then there are 4 less militants we have to worry about. If not, then 4 noncombatants died because we needed to exact revenge. touchy subject.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 PM #24
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
1-18th lost the most of any battalion since Vietnam. I don't blame them one bit for getting some revenge. Hell, if I would've been given the opportunity, I would've killed more than I did over in Iraq.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM #25
skydiver101 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxarsonist View Post
If the executed were the ones soley responsible for their buddies deaths, then there are 4 less militants we have to worry about. If not, then 4 noncombatants died because we needed to exact revenge. touchy subject.
i agree with you there.i never said its was ok for noncombatants to die.when i say noncombatants i dont mean militants that werent fighting then or had been captured.but yeah if they were the fighters responsible for it then i dont think they did a thing wrong
skydiver101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM #26
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

by the rules of war they were wrong, but try explaining the rules of war to a squad that just saw some team members get waxed.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:01 PM #27
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Murder is murder.

/thread?
/thread

People in the military are not above the law, and should be treated more harshly than civilians. think about that.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM #28
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post

People in the military are not above the law, and should be treated more harshly than civilians. think about that.
Okay, so we're not above the law, like civilians. At the same time, though, we should be treated more harshly than civilians for the same crimes? Guess I'm not much following that one, and your personal opinion on this matter doesn't mean anything to me until you've been put in a similar situation.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:20 PM #29
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHoCkA View Post
Okay, so we're not above the law, like civilians. At the same time, though, we should be treated more harshly than civilians for the same crimes? Guess I'm not much following that one, and your personal opinion on this matter doesn't mean anything to me until you've been put in a similar situation.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 AM #30
sam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHoCkA View Post
yeah unless youve had friends killed and then lined up 4 bounded men and shot them in the head and dumped their bodies in a canal then your opinion doesnt matter.

but for real i dont know how the hell the OP thinks this is unfair punishment, id hate to see how his kids turn out. they bound 4 men and shot them all in the head. its straight up murder and 7 months is probably less then somebody would get for armed robbery here in the states...
sam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:43 AM #31
RonnieColeman2
Don't Shoot! Let Em Burn!

I think its extremely easy to condemn someone when you havent been through anything remotely close. I cant imagine everyone in here is a combat vet. Watching your friend die is fairly traumatic Id assume.

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not."

“Obsession is what lazy people call dedication”

Originally Posted By NAACP. ="Basketball in NY is probably double what football is to Texas."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
RonnieColeman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 AM #32
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I don't care what happened to their unit, there is no excuse for being so reckless and inhuman. They should have to answer for the full measure of their actions. There are enough people here who have 'been there done that' who will say the exact same thing.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote