Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM #1
Left4Dead

SLG Bolt Sticking , After waiting small amount of time??

Now before you bash on this is normal, please read all of my post.

I have had the gun all this year MN since April. I play almost every weekend and have shot tons of cases of paint in with it.

Best I can tell I changed the 3 orings on the bolt just a general rule after around 4-5 months.

After this time (hard to be sure) when I go out to the field and gas up gun, bolt sticks so bad almost cant push it with my finger. After I get it loose , it works perfect all game. Then take a short break, and every time 1-3 shots before bolt will come forward to start next game.

I do clean and relube my gun after most outings as it is so simple. I use dye lube, smart parts sleek is no better.

Again it has worked fine doing all the about for months. I also have cleaned and relubed the reg and no help.

I am 37 and very mechanical, this is why I called dye. They seem to think its normal. Then why was it not doing it for so long. And how can I be fixed.

My best guess would be smaller orings? So they dont buldge out so far and make it tighter?

Any Other Ideas would be great.

Left4Dead
www.deadsquadpaintball.com

C
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2008, 09:18 PM #2
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is BST Legit
Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
go to the proto forum.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:13 PM #3
Left4Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
go to the proto forum.
A link would be a huge help where to go.

I did also spend a ton of time sorting through the proto slg information with no luck.

The search function does not seem to work on the forums. Too many users?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 PM #4
Left4Dead

Found the threads and no one thier seems to have an fix either. Looks like it happens to a few guns already.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 PM #5
The_Automag_Kid
sweet tits

has been a member for 10 years
The_Automag_Kid helped look for balloons
The_Automag_Kid supports Pev's Paintball
just had this goin on with my pm6...i rebuilt my bolt and relubed and it was fine. i had been putting the dow on real thin, so i put a little extra on and it seemed to solve my problem.

Last edited by The_Automag_Kid : 09-15-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM #6
Grix

It usually takes more than 10 minutes to get an answer. Be patient. Seems normal to me tho, try to raise dwell a bit.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:49 PM #7
only4theweak187

isnt there like a purge button on the slg to push the bolt into the right position?

if it keeps happening, i myself would probably buy a new bolt for it, seeing as you said you shot a lot of cases through it.

but at the same time i dont think it would be the bolt, since it would most likely be the orings.

are you playing in very humid weather when this happens?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM #8
Left4Dead

Does not seem to matter weather, I am testing in my home as well. I have replaced the orings many times also tried tons of lube. The orings are from the slg medium parts kit and I matched them up with the chart. Could they just be to thick?

I can hear the sear tripping just fine, It just takes 3-4 clicks to fire.

And yes the it does have a purge which also unsticks the bolt after you push it like 2-3 times then gun will work fine.

But You should not have to do this in between each game.

Thanks for all your ideas guys, keep them comming. Also yesterday we tried swaping bolts with another slg. Both shoot fine no real sticking, but we did not let them sit very long.

Somtimes the first game out after a good cleaning a really lubed, it sticks so much it will not fire, then I would have to degas and push bolt with end of pen to move.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 PM #9
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...

Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
It sounds to me that you are either getting a lot of "sticktion" or your sear isn't actuating fully. Sticktion can be caused by a deformed bolt and the sear issue would be had to sort out.

Have you taken off the frame to see what both the sear and solenoid are doing?

*Edit* Have you tried a fresh battery? That will rule out the solenoid aspect pretty fast.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:03 AM #10
Left4Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitlebug View Post
It sounds to me that you are either getting a lot of "sticktion" or your sear isn't actuating fully. Sticktion can be caused by a deformed bolt and the sear issue would be had to sort out.

Have you taken off the frame to see what both the sear and solenoid are doing?

*Edit* Have you tried a fresh battery? That will rule out the solenoid aspect pretty fast.
Very good idea and I did this tonight and seem the little set skrew that holds the sear in place was very loose, so I took out sear and cleaned and put all back together.

Still no go, possible bolt ? I think a whole new bolt I will test with my buds gun.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:27 PM #11
Left4Dead

Just wanted to try to help people out there that may have a simalar problem.

Most likely what happend was as i was cleaning bolt and took bolt apart, and i know full well thats not recomended, the bolt was very hard to get all the way apart so i had a few guys try to unskrew the bolt and it was very hard, best guess is it got tweaked a bit(bent) so you may not notice by looking at it but it may be bent.

When I try another bolt i will post on it.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 AM #12
captainiownyou

i have like the same problem when i pull the trigger the bolt goes crazy shooting like 5 times than getting stuck way passed the feedneck. i put tons of lube and replaced o rings. what type of lube do you use? i put hater sauce...
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM #13
dkim01

The bolt going crazy and the bolt getting stuck are two separate issues. The bolt getting stuck is often a result of decreased tolerances in the chamber. If the bolt chamber is too small, then it tends to get stuck every time you don't use it for a while. If the marker is under warranty, you can send it to Dye and they can ream out the breach for you. The cheapo way of dealing with the stuck bolt issue is after each session, disconnect the air source and then fire the marker one more time. This will leave the bolt in the forward position with the marker degassed. When you air it up the next time, the bolt will slide back into place and be ready to fire. There should be no sticking at this point. You just have to remember to perform this every time you degas the marker.

The full auto problem has several root problems. The sear can be worn and therefore not be catching the bolt as it moves back. The sear spring can be too soft. You can have too much lube on the bolt causing the sear to slip. Or the regulator can be set too low.
Closed Thread