Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM #1
pwned6910 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Standard Issue Equipment

What is the standard issue equipment for your Military Branch?

Branch:
Equipment:

And whatever else you feel like adding.

Also, what is some stuff that you use but isn't standard?
pwned6910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2008, 11:32 PM #2
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
What is the standard issue equipment for your Military Branch?

Branch:
Equipment:

And whatever else you feel like adding.

Also, what is some stuff that you use but isn't standard?
I couldn't list all that.... it would take forever


But what I use on deployment that I'm not issued, is a lot of BlackHawk stuff. Great company, real durable products. and I have a knife I wasn't issued, and some random stuff for my M4.

Here's a pic of me right before going out for a convoy in January, this is basically all standard issue


JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 PM #3
pwned6910 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Oh, I always thought you weren't allowed to use other stuff besides what they gave you.

What kind of pistol are you issued or what do you use instead, and do you prefer the M16 or the M4?

Also, do you ever get used to how hot that uniform must make you?

Lol, one other thing, how much extra weight do you usually have to carry?
pwned6910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 PM #4
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
Oh, I always thought you weren't allowed to use other stuff besides what they gave you.

What kind of pistol are you issued or what do you use instead, and do you prefer the M16 or the M4?

Also, do you ever get used to how hot that uniform must make you?

Lol, one other thing, how much extra weight do you usually have to carry?
1. I was issued an M9 Beretta and used it.
2. I like my M4
3. Hell no 26 months in Iraq and I still cant stand it
4. I dont have to carry much, I'm an officer Generally, 20-25 pounds
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 PM #5
pwned6910 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
1. I was issued an M9 Beretta and used it.
2. I like my M4
3. Hell no 26 months in Iraq and I still cant stand it
4. I dont have to carry much, I'm an officer Generally, 20-25 pounds
Do you get to pick between say your M9 and other pistols? Same question for your rifle.
pwned6910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:48 PM #6
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
Do you get to pick between say your M9 and other pistols? Same question for your rifle.
No I couldn't pick when it came to my pistol. Yup I could of taken an M16 I used one when I was in Iraq in '03
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 PM #7
Cheers!
Custom User Title
 
Cheers!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tempe AZ/Laguna Beach CA
Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
What kind of pistol are you issued or what do you use instead, and do you prefer the M16 or the M4?
Well the M4 is a carbine, a shortened version of the M16. Personally, I like the M16, but thats because the Marine Corps is trained with the M16, so thats all i really focus on.
__________________
Need third party services? Click this to pm milkdud, 400+ feedback
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 PM #8
pwned6910 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
No I couldn't pick when it came to my pistol. Yup I could of taken an M16 I used one when I was in Iraq in '03
Have you ever watched the show FutureWeapons? If so, what do you think about all that stuff that is supposed to replace the m4/m16? Have you heard anything about that, or gotten to use anything?
pwned6910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 PM #9
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
Have you ever watched the show FutureWeapons? If so, what do you think about all that stuff that is supposed to replace the m4/m16? Have you heard anything about that, or gotten to use anything?
doesn't really bother me, havent gotten to use any of it
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 PM #10
Cheers!
Custom User Title
 
Cheers!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tempe AZ/Laguna Beach CA
Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
Have you ever watched the show FutureWeapons? If so, what do you think about all that stuff that is supposed to replace the m4/m16? Have you heard anything about that, or gotten to use anything?
I'd like the answer to this as well. What do you think about that Heckler and Koch rifle? Its just like an M4, but it doesnt heat up, has dual mags, and a bunch of other miscellaneous **** thats fun to show off.

I gotta ask about that...
__________________
Need third party services? Click this to pm milkdud, 400+ feedback
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 PM #11
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
I'd like the answer to this as well. What do you think about that Heckler and Koch rifle? Its just like an M4, but it doesnt heat up, has dual mags, and a bunch of other miscellaneous **** thats fun to show off.

I gotta ask about that...
I've personally never heard about that rifle >_<
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM #12
Cheers!
Custom User Title
 
Cheers!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tempe AZ/Laguna Beach CA
Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
I've personally never heard about that rifle >_<
I hadnt either until i saw it on tv. apparently its still a bit hush hush, but you can shoot as many rounds off as you want without the hand guard, and grab the barrel. or the bolt. it doesnt get hot.

edit-
__________________
Need third party services? Click this to pm milkdud, 400+ feedback

Last edited by Cheers! : 09-10-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM #13
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
me, while visiting a local IP station.



I had a pistol on me leg, too.... and a camelback thing.... and a dump pouch with random stuff in it.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 AM #14
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
me, while visiting a local IP station.



I had a pistol on me leg, too.... and a camelback thing.... and a dump pouch with random stuff in it.
MOS?
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 AM #15
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
tank mechanic.... deployed as a provisional rifle company, with grunts and all that. It's been over a year since I've worked on tanks.

picture taken south of ramadi.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:39 AM #16
JackH (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ft. Polk
JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
tank mechanic.... deployed as a provisional rifle company, with grunts and all that. It's been over a year since I've worked on tanks.

picture taken south of ramadi.
Ya I was kind of wondering why you were wearing a jumpsuit

Ahhh sign up to work on tanks and end up Infantry, gotta love the Marines
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 AM #17
mct783 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned6910 View Post
Have you ever watched the show FutureWeapons? If so, what do you think about all that stuff that is supposed to replace the m4/m16? Have you heard anything about that, or gotten to use anything?
I know the XM-8 was originally designed to do that, but the Army dropped it. My friend in the Marines said there's something else being looked at now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
I hadnt either until i saw it on tv. apparently its still a bit hush hush, but you can shoot as many rounds off as you want without the hand guard, and grab the barrel. or the bolt. it doesnt get hot.

edit-
M416 or something like that?

edit: lol just watched the vid with sound. He says it right out in the beginning

Last edited by mct783 : 09-10-2008 at 12:50 AM.
mct783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:13 PM #18
VladQueenOfNYC
 
 
VladQueenOfNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
I'd like the answer to this as well. What do you think about that Heckler and Koch rifle? Its just like an M4, but it doesnt heat up, has dual mags, and a bunch of other miscellaneous **** thats fun to show off.

I gotta ask about that...
I got to mess around with the 416's and I'll admit, they're quite impressive as far as reliability/durability, but I'd really like to get my hands on a scar, but HK pretty much speaks to quality, where as FN well, the jury is still out on the scar.
VladQueenOfNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM #19
crazysteve
 
 
crazysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Iowa
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladQueenOfNYC View Post
but HK pretty much speaks to quality, where as FN well, the jury is still out on the scar.
You mean you're still undecided. The choice has been made already. As far FN quality there is a reason they supply over 70% of the small arms to the military. Maybe one of these days, Hk will actually have a weapon accepted into the US system. One that doesn't melt or take an old design and market it as revolutionary. Maybe, its just cool to be a fan boy.

Last edited by crazysteve : 09-10-2008 at 07:49 PM.
crazysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 PM #20
SGTspazzo
Joint Force
 
SGTspazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
SGTspazzo plays in the PSP
i thought scars were discontinued?
__________________
Bryan McCron
March 4, 1961 - July 19, 2010
Killed by a drunk driver


Joint Force D1 PSP/NPPL
MACDEV | VPL | PBRack | PaintballGear.ca | Ambush Paintball
SGTspazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 PM #21
Legumeofterror (Banned)
 
Legumeofterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida
no, they are being released to the civilian market soon.

as far as replacing the rifles, i don't see it happening any time soon. the SCAR and 416 are nice, but they don't provide a significant enough improvement over the existing weapons to justify a complete rearmament.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump