Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2008, 05:16 PM #1
noobiusmaximus

Help On Buying PMR

I am thinking about buying the PMR, but when I read the review on the gun, I heard a lot of people have problems with the gun right out of the box. Is this common enough that it should make me not even want to buy the gun or no? Thanks for the help.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it suddenly doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that you didnt get the girl, your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth
..live it..love it..enjoy it..
noobiusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM #2
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

most of these issues are because of people not yet familiar with their pmr and because they are popular guns and more "entry level" because of their price point you get more users new to paintball...

i have had mine over a year now.. i have abused it every way that you could imagine and only learned how to fix it because i broke it so much

now i hardly do anything to my pmr... i always take apart the bolt and relube after each day of play and that is really about it... if there are any leaks then they are very easily fixed and if you will take the time to read through your manual and ready the super well done stickies at the top of this page you will be well equipped to handle anything that may go wrong with your marker...

and back to what i said about the beginning of this post about it being entry level... do not be deceived... the pmr will shot lightning fast and imho one of the best markers out there for the price... proto has a decent warranty repair center and i have called the techs several times in the past just to ask questions and always found them friendly and willing to help out over the phone...

good luck on your decision
Old 09-01-2008, 05:43 PM #3
FrontMenDie1st
R. Frederickson

FrontMenDie1st plays in the PSP
FrontMenDie1st plays in the APPA D5 division
true dat^ i read through ENTIRE manuel and ENTIRE sticky and found easy fixes to many of the small leaks ive had here and there (usually just o ring problems, battery off, eyes dirty)
Old 09-01-2008, 08:10 PM #4
paintballforever1414
Jesus wouldn't wipe.

im on the fence between the PMR and the dangerous power fusion
but the pmr trigger is plastic and that would suck without a ultra lite frame
so should i go with the pmr with or without the frame, the dangerous power fusion
or any other suggestions???
paintballforever1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM #5
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

i have had both and i really like the fusions as well.. you get allot of gun for the money without the need to upgrade much since they come with the super cool RAPS on/off, clamping feedneck, etc. right out of the box....

i agree with you that i do not like the stock pmr trigger... there are many aftermarket triggers such as the cp sling triggers, ndz triggers, proto ul, edge and many many more... most of these have bearings for super nice feel and come in a ton of colors...

there are way more upgrades for the pmr than the fusion (i am assuming you are talking about an 07) but there are not many needed..

this is something that you will have to do some research on and figure out for yourself though... you did come to the proto forum though so guess what... i would get the pmr
Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 PM #6
triggerhappy13

u could get an etek and u wil never have a problem with them
triggerhappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:44 PM #7
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

^not true, but w/e

For the prices that PMR's are going for right now, although it is nice to get a brand spankin new marker, wait until after cup and then look at the massive price drops that the PM7's and PM8's will do. They're built more high end gun-ish. That, and EVERYONE is getting the PMR's. Every day i go to play somewhere theres alot of people with them. I don't doubt their reliability, but they're just everywhere now. Wait till after cup and try to get a pm7 or 8.
CousinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM #8
noobiusmaximus

Alright but im not really looking to go over 300 right now... and im pretty sure that the pm7's will still be over 300 after that am i right? Last time i spent over that much for a marker... it was wayyy to much of a hassle so im just gonna downgrade and i want something thats reliable which is i was thinking maybe not a pmr. but pmr's seem like such a steal for how cheap you can get them so...
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it suddenly doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that you didnt get the girl, your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth
Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM #9
metaldrumr7

has been a member for 10 years
my pmr has to be one of the easiest guns to maintain that I have ever owned, and its practically idiot proof to setup for the day
metaldrumr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM #10
lclockworkl

lclockworkl helped look for balloons
^ I would have to agree with that drummer kid
lclockworkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM #11
noobiusmaximus

alright thanks guys... ive just been hearing a lot of people have problems with them like the wires on the boards and the plastic bolt cap and stuff like that
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM #12
El Capitano9212

I bought my PMR a few months ago and have yet to have a problem with it, i would say buy a new feedneck and get the ultra lite frame and if you do regular maintenance to it then you should have no problem.
El Capitano9212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM #13
infernaltrowa
Got swag?

infernaltrowa plays in the USPL
infernaltrowa plays in the PSP
infernaltrowa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
infernaltrowa supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiusmaximus View Post
alright thanks guys... ive just been hearing a lot of people have problems with them like the wires on the boards and the plastic bolt cap and stuff like that
the backcap, u can get an aftermarket one for $25. problem solved.

the wiring issue, some n00bs just like to yank at them lk they are indestructible. if ur careful and treat all the parts right, nothing will break.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM #14
noobiusmaximus

Ok im convinced... thanks guys.