Community Focus

Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 AM #1
ionsrock78 (Banned)
Precision Images

ionsrock78 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ionsrock78 supports Team VICIOUS
ionsrock78 posts videos on PbNation
Exclamation yeah well today i was.....

cleaning my eyes right my detents were ripped so i changed em go to the other side change em screw the eye cover back in i was like oh **** **** i stripped the eye cover screw so now im left with a locked up eye cover how in earth could i get this off when needed

also the eye cover sticks out a lil how do i fix this

Last edited by gremlin75 : 09-01-2008 at 10:53 AM.
ionsrock78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2008, 07:41 AM #2
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

sorry about your problems... also be careful as your post violates pbn rules by circumventing the swear filter and i personally do not wish to see those words...

having said that you have a couple of options... one is one that i have never personally used and am not sure how successful it would be..

some people say you can superglue a allen wrench to the head of the screw and let it dry and then try to turn the screw off.. problem with that is that it will also just dry around the screw inside of the eye cover...

i would fix it like this: take the smallest drill bit that you can and just drill through the eye hole trying to drill the head of the screw off.. once you have it partially off you can usually just pry the eye cover off with a small screwdriver being careful not to scratch the body... you will do a little damage to the eye covers but i am not sure if you have another option at this point...

if you need some replacement eye covers i have several extra composite ones and i have a ton of eye cover screws.. just send me a pm...

good luck and i hope you get it fixed!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Sometimes, if the screw isn't too badly deformed, a small torx driver will fit where an allen key won't, or you could try a slightly larger, metric allen key. Sometimes, if at least two of the corners of the screw are reasonably in shape, a small, normal bladed screwdriver will get the screw out. If things are really bad, you can try a small EZ-Out/screw extractor.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote