Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-28-2008, 05:50 PM #1
ilikegunz

inconsistentcy on my pm7 tried fixing but. . .

Anyway, what the title says. . . .

So this is what happened guys.

I went to the field today for practice. I shot over the chrono and it started with a spiked shot, like at 307, then the second shot would be withing 10 fps of 270. . . .for the next 10 or so shots, it would stay withing 10 fps of 270, then, the velocity would go EVERYWHERE. Like 307, 272, 298, 269, etc., etc.

Now i tried troubleshooting this by relubing my bolt to no avail. So then i upped my dwell by 1, to no avail. Then i upped my dwell once more to no avail. So since that didnt do a thing, i set dwell back to stock (18).

Now i just had my lpr rebuilt two weeks ago and only one case was put thru the gun since the lpr was rebuilt. BUT, im suspicious that i should just change all the bolt orings since that hasnt been done in like 10 cases. Or maybe, should i rebuild my hpr (its a cp)? This hpr is fairly new and only has about 6 cases thru it.

What should i do guys? Should i rebuild my hpr and change all the bolt orings and then if that doesnt work, should i just go for the lpr again?

Btw guys, please dont tell me to change the settings to anything other than stock because last week, along with every other time i used this gun, it was shooting at about 260-270 at +/- 4

Thanks for your input in advance guys. I look forward to making this gun shoot (. )( .) again

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."
ilikegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 PM #2
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
You just rebuilt the LPR correct? This is why, the piston seat has to be worn in again. Unless you did not replace then, check your battery.

I use Canon, oh yes.
QuencyJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:07 PM #3
ilikegunz

^^^^^ hey thanks. But are you sure it is this? Because i had some TERRIBLE spikes today. Im talking like +/- 50 on a few shots. I mean, the worst spike i got wen the gun was new was like 20 fps spike. I understand there is an oring on the bolt that causes erratic velocity if it is worn or damaged. Do you thin kthat may be it? Should i just change all the bolt orings? Or, can it possibly be that i have to relube the hpr??

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."
Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 PM #4
s0c0mnati0n
What hit.. pssh thats rub

check your battery, low battery will make the gun spike alot, like if its really close i have gotten about +-55-70
s0c0mnati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 PM #5
ilikegunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0c0mnati0n View Post
check your battery, low battery will make the gun spike alot, like if its really close i have gotten about +-55-70
put in a fresh energizer today man. Im not worrying too much as i know if i actually strip the entire gun and relube, and replace orings, it'll works good as new. Its just that its a pain to have to think about and ive got gpl next weekend and this weekend, im playng a local tourney so.. . .

Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 PM #6
ilikegunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikegunz View Post
put in a fresh energizer today man. Im not worrying too much as i know if i actually strip the entire gun and relube, and replace orings, it'll works good as new. Its just that its a pain to have to think about and ive got gpl next weekend and this weekend, im playng a local tourney so.. . .
anybody??? Just a quick answer to my post that im quoting? Please?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:08 AM #7
Naughty_Dog077
Semper Fidelis (3/1)

the reg. have you taken your reg apart lately? if not do so and lube it up, and if yes check to make sure that you didn't put anything in wrong, when I hate this problem I forgot to put the reg seat in so the air was just rushing through.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:18 AM #8
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
http://members.cox.net/protomatrix/p...oot.htm#chrono

Change those orings...

MY EGO
PIRANHA PAUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 PM #9
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt
*TK CREW*

$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt supports Team VICIOUS
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
check the shim stack in your reg...my friend put it in the wrong way and he would spike like crazy
Old 08-31-2008, 08:24 PM #10
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt View Post
check the shim stack in your reg...my friend put it in the wrong way and he would spike like crazy
Happened to my PMR also when I first got it. I thought guy sold me a lemon at first (for the price I got it at, wouldn't have been surprised).

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote