PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM #1
Crimsonkid
pressure makes diamonds

360* Rotating turret?

Well I've got my tank all framed up and I'm onto the turret, what I need to know is is there such a thing as a 360* rotating turret, even a 180*. I just need the swivle, not the turret its self. If you made your own then how did you do it? Some pics would be nice. If you know where I can buy one that would be great. Thanks
Crimsonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 PM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
The quality way would be to google search a pallet carousel. It's a little pricey, but it's durable and will last. It's two pieces of angle rolled into rings with bearing rollers in between.Bolt one to your frame, one to your turret. Only thing from there is balancing.

I didn't have the money for a carousel, so I opted to buy 1" work rollers from a woodworking supply shop. I cut my hole in my shell, lined the circumfrence with the rollers and put my turret on top of that. I did have to adjust my design to allow for the ring that holds the turrent ring over top of the rollers. That sucked. If and when I do it over, it's getting a carousel.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM #3
Sauerkraut
Molōn labe!

We use a pallet swivel on our team tank, Das Grindhaus. It works well. We welded a jump seat beneath it so the gunner has full control, using his feet to move or stand fast, of the turret.
Sauerkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:49 PM #4
conorpainter6

how much did it cost to make the tank? PM me with the answer im always been curious about these
"just so everyone knows, the lamp is not included, i traded it and a hollowed out scissor handle for a BIC pen filled with elephant nector"--kinky biscut
[/color]
G3 Mafia
conorpainter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM #5
darklighter
Darklighter

what did you base it after.
darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 PM #6
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorpainter6 View Post
how much did it cost to make the tank? PM me with the answer im always been curious about these
our not very much. We had a go cart and my dad redid the deck so we had spare wood. Our main expense will eb siding wich may cost like $60 bucks. Id say in the end close to $120. hopefully it willbe worth it.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 PM #7
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklighter View Post
what did you base it after.
http://www.kentislandseamonkeys.com/magnet/index.html

I based mine on a Bradley Infantry Support Vehicle. I took a lawn mower and built the shell over top of the frame. I'll be making some changes from this current design though. Funding has come up short. I'm the only one on my team putting money towards this and I just can't afford to rebuild anything else other than the mower itself. Got an overhaul'd motor and 4 new tires this summer. I'm thinking next year will be the year of the Paint Magnet.