Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 04:25 PM #1
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Miami Dolphins Discussion Thread!

No one else was making it so I did. This thread is not only for the fans of the team, but for all NFL fans to discuss the Miami Dolphins. There is no arguing they were the worst team last year, and one of the worst teams for a long time, but after the last 2 preseason games, the O line, the Defense, the QB, and THE RICKY, have looked stellar, your thoughts? I'm honestly making a big leap in predicting... AFC East 2nd place.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2008, 04:26 PM #2
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
AFC East last place, under 5 wins.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 PM #3
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
AFC East last place, under 5 wins.
While at this point in time, that prediction can't really be considered a bad one, considering over the past couple years all the hype the Dolphins have gotten going into the season, only to once again have a horrible one... Could you please elaborate a bit on why you think that? It's a discussion thread, not a quick prediction thread.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM #4
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Considering the won 1 game last year, their only move was filling in a position they already had covered and getting Pennington and the loss of their best defensive player, I don't see much improvement, especially since the entire AFC East is either awesome or has gotten much better/more consistent.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM #5
Jack of Blades (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas
They lost Taylor and Thomas, so their LB position is lacking. At least they got a decent QB.
Jack of Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:38 PM #6
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
Considering the won 1 game last year, their only move was filling in a position they already had covered and getting Pennington and the loss of their best defensive player, I don't see much improvement, especially since the entire AFC East is either awesome or has gotten much better/more consistent.
Which position are you referring to? The OT Jake Long? While their O line was ok last year, Jake Long really makes it much better, and nothing makes an offense like a good O line. Bring in Veteran Chad Pennington to sit in that pocket, and have Ricky Williams back playing running back with Ronnie Brown to back him up, I honestly think that's a completely different, and more positive scenario than what they had last year. I didn't agree with the decisions of letting go Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, however the defense is still at least decent, its cheap on the salary cap, it's young, and that just leaves many possibilities for future improvement... I do agree with you though, that the entire AFC East has gotten better, but I feel of improvements, the Dolphins has done the most.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:38 PM #7
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
They lost Taylor and Thomas, so their LB position is lacking. At least they got a decent QB.
Taylor was not a LB, Taylor was a DE, and although Thomas is gone and I do wish they hadnt gotten rid of him, Joey Porter and Channing Crowder are still solid LB's.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:42 PM #8
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post
Which position are you referring to? The OT Jake Long? While their O line was ok last year, Jake Long really makes it much better, and nothing makes an offense like a good O line. Bring in Veteran Chad Pennington to sit in that pocket, and have Ricky Williams back playing running back with Ronnie Brown to back him up, I honestly think that's a completely different, and more positive scenario than what they had last year. I didn't agree with the decisions of letting go Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, however the defense is still at least decent, its cheap on the salary cap, it's young, and that just leaves many possibilities for future improvement... I do agree with you though, that the entire AFC East has gotten better, but I feel of improvements, the Dolphins has done the most.
They added a LT when their LT was already the best part of their line. Now they have 2 LTs and will put one at RT which is a very different place to block from. Pennington is meh, and as injury prone as possible. Ricky has yet to show me anything from before he retired, it'll take Ronnie Brown awhile to come back from that surgery and get back to even adequate, and even with JT and ZT last year, the Miami defense was terrible. They have only gotten worse. The Dolphins have done the least as far as getting better, in fact they have screwed themselves by adding redundant players and getting rid of their best players.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:47 PM #9
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
They added a LT when their LT was already the best part of their line. Now they have 2 LTs and will put one at RT which is a very different place to block from. Pennington is meh, and as injury prone as possible. Ricky has yet to show me anything from before he retired, it'll take Ronnie Brown awhile to come back from that surgery and get back to even adequate, and even with JT and ZT last year, the Miami defense was terrible. They have only gotten worse. The Dolphins have done the least as far as getting better, in fact they have screwed themselves by adding redundant players and getting rid of their best players.
I'm not going to be a fanboy and go against you on that, pretty much everything you say is true, and the Dolphins doing good this season is depending on a lot of "ifs" to fall in place, however I am not just hoping... I know the preseason isnt the greatest thing to base hopes off of, but if anyone saw the last 2 games, there is no way ANYONE can say this team has not improved.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:54 PM #10
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
The Patriots have also lost all 3 of their games, the preseason means pretty much jack.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:57 PM #11
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
The Patriots have also lost all 3 of their games, the preseason means pretty much jack.
How so? Last year was last year, this year is this year... How do you know the Patriots won't be horrible this year?
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM #12
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Dude, its preseason. Congratulations on crushing the chiefs, a team who's competing with Oakland on being the ****tiest team in the division. Pre-seasons just a scrimmage and needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 PM #13
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Dude, its preseason. Congratulations on crushing the chiefs, a team who's competing with Oakland on being the ****tiest team in the division. Pre-seasons just a scrimmage and needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
I'm not saying the Dolphins will win the superbowl here, im just saying that I've seen a lot of improvement, and I do think they can hopefully get 2nd in a division with one good and 3 sub-par teams.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:11 PM #14
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
I wouldnt call the jets a sub par team anymore.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:11 PM #15
reactionkilla
Go Pack Go.
 
reactionkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
The Patriots are never horrible. What this means is that you can't gauge **** off of the preseason. The Packers and Cowboys, widely considered the two most talented NFC teams last year, are 1-2. The Chargers, probably the most stacked team in the NFL, are 1-1. The Colts are 1-2. Those are all the best teams in the league and guess what, they don't win in the preseason because the games don't mean **** and no one cares. Meanwhile the Dolphins are 2-1, the Rams are 2-1, the Lions are 3-0, the Jets are 2-1. None of those teams were over .500 last year. Preseason performance means literally as little as possible.

EDIT: Even though the AFC East is not even closed to stacked, the Dolphins can't win it. The Pats are already good, the Jets got better and the Bills are leaps and bounds ahead of Miami.
__________________
R.I.P. 9 15 21 27 29 90 91

Green Bay Packers
Miami Hurricanes
Michgan Wolverines
Denver Nuggets
reactionkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:23 PM #16
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
I wouldnt call the jets a sub par team anymore.
Brett will either be solid, or he will flop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionkilla View Post
The Patriots are never horrible. What this means is that you can't gauge **** off of the preseason. The Packers and Cowboys, widely considered the two most talented NFC teams last year, are 1-2. The Chargers, probably the most stacked team in the NFL, are 1-1. The Colts are 1-2. Those are all the best teams in the league and guess what, they don't win in the preseason because the games don't mean **** and no one cares. Meanwhile the Dolphins are 2-1, the Rams are 2-1, the Lions are 3-0, the Jets are 2-1. None of those teams were over .500 last year. Preseason performance means literally as little as possible.

EDIT: Even though the AFC East is not even closed to stacked, the Dolphins can't win it. The Pats are already good, the Jets got better and the Bills are leaps and bounds ahead of Miami.
I didn't say they will win it, but I do think they have a chance at second place thus far, im basing my prediction off of the play i've seen of the players during the preseason, not the record in the preseason, the games themselves mean nothing, but you still get to see how the players are playing. Depending on the 1st game, when they play all out in a real game, thats where ill know if i stick by my prediction, or if their another flop.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 PM #17
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Chad Pennington is the official starter. No surprise there.
surge101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 PM #18
bornestar
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Might not do too bad Thursday.. Brees is sitting out and Palko is a guarenteed 8 interception QB.
__________________
Here longer than you...
bornestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 AM #19
jcpaintballer92 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: binghamton new york
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post
Brett will either be solid, or he will flop.

I didn't say they will win it, but I do think they have a chance at second place thus far, im basing my prediction off of the play i've seen of the players during the preseason, not the record in the preseason, the games themselves mean nothing, but you still get to see how the players are playing. Depending on the 1st game, when they play all out in a real game, thats where ill know if i stick by my prediction, or if their another flop.
Theres a reason we got rid of chad. Hes old washed up injury prone and teams figure out how to defend him put 8 in the box cause chad cant throw up the feild to strech out defenses anymore. I was a HUGE chad supporter when he was a jet, maybe he can have a good year down in south beach i just dont see it happening.
jcpaintballer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 AM #20
legend killer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I think the Dolphins will go 7-9 or 8-8 tops, although I may be a little biased.

Cowboys and Dolphins FTW
legend killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 AM #21
d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
We bought season tickets this year hopefully they'll win a few games
d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump