Postponing the Event till fall...
Mike Crotsley and I have spent much time this week discussing the event. I am particularly concerned about several teams that say they are coming however have yet to register. I can't run a tournament on promises. There are AT LEAST 5 teams that contacted me about paying after today. However the reality is to pick up prizes and bring in the event paint - I NEED FIRM NUMBERS by today. Right now we are sitting at about a dozen teams with another 5 or so on the bubble. This would give us the minimum turnout I would like - however this isn't how things are done.
Unfortunatley Mike and I have made the decision to push back the event for a number of reasons. First and foremost is the late delay of many teams to register. At this point even if they scrambled to register today they put us in an aweful position to get the prizes and event paint back "on" where as we have switched gears as of last evening.
We are planning to postpone the event until later this fall.The second reason for the move is there are several teams who have contacted me regarding their being unavailable due to vacations this last week or so of summer break. I think the move will help get the 20 teams I would like.
This weekend LVP South is holding a reduced price entry for those teams who registered for the tournament. I want to make this a fun day of practice for teams who were planning to play the event.
I'm sorry for all the teams who DID register in the the time I asked and I look forward to your continued support.