Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2008, 08:36 PM #1
jeremyO

Pmr air effiency

Hey my pmr is a air hog aha>>> I just got 200 paint out of my gun off my 48/3000 tank.Tank was filled to 2400 i done my math i should have gotten close too 400.There was no leaks, all o-rings were good and bolt lubed.Dwell was set to 15 and abs was on.PLease help me...
jeremyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 PM #2
Aznac872
NthgVenturedNthgGained

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Aznac872 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Aznac872 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Aznac872 is Legendary
Aznac872 is Immortal
PMR's are not the most efficient guns out there. Each one will vary in the number of shots it will get from each fill, and never take a stated number of shots per fill as gospel.

Are you able to sustain a high rate of fire with a dwell of only 15?

Having that almost 10ms lower than stock should help a bit.

Best thing you can do is exactly what you are doing, keep the bolt clean and replace o-rings as needed to cut down on drag.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 PM #3
jeremyO

ok thanks but i was told by people to lower dwell then up abs abit
Old 08-23-2008, 08:58 PM #4
Aznac872
NthgVenturedNthgGained

Annual Supporting Member
Aznac872 is Legendary
Aznac872 is Immortal
A higher ABS setting may eat up some air since every time you let the gun sit that first shot is gonna have some extra kick to it.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM #5
jeremyO

ok do u know anything at all becauz when i got it 3 weeks ago it got like 500 shots per 3000 fill

Last edited by jeremyO : 08-24-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:00 PM #6
Aznac872
NthgVenturedNthgGained

Annual Supporting Member
Aznac872 is Legendary
Aznac872 is Immortal
5 shots or 5 pods?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 AM #7
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyO View Post
ok do u know anything at all becauz when i got it 3 weeks ago it got like 5 shots per 3000 fill

ouch... not a very nice thing to say to someone who was trying to help you and giving you good info as far as i can tell...

since you are only getting about a hopper (200 shots as you say) off of a partial fill of a 48/3000 tank that seems a bit low..

i would try just the basic stuff really... if it is a new gun with a new reg it should get better over time as the reg breaks in a bit.. if it is used and you have had it for awhile i would try to rebuild the reg.. there are some great picture tutorials on the net to show you how to do this step by step if you do not know how..

be sure to clean all the shims and other parts and apply some lube generally on the parts.. i prefer hater marmalade on my regs but dow 33 or the slick lube that comes with the pmr will work well too...

i would also up my dwell... i would start with the setting at about 23 ms and see how that does and always make sure you have a fresh battery and your bolt assembly as lubed properly as any unnecessary friction will cause a reduction in efficiency and unnecessary wear...

best of luck and i hope that helps you... i have found with my pmr that i just preferred a 68/45 tank and you may want to as well as soon as your budget allows.. if the 68/45 is too big of a tank for then check out the 45/45 or the 48/45 tanks...

good luck
Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 AM #8
jeremyO

it was 500 shots sorry and ok thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 12:40 PM #9
jeremyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithalone View Post
ouch... not a very nice thing to say to someone who was trying to help you and giving you good info as far as i can tell...

since you are only getting about a hopper (200 shots as you say) off of a partial fill of a 48/3000 tank that seems a bit low..

i would try just the basic stuff really... if it is a new gun with a new reg it should get better over time as the reg breaks in a bit.. if it is used and you have had it for awhile i would try to rebuild the reg.. there are some great picture tutorials on the net to show you how to do this step by step if you do not know how..

be sure to clean all the shims and other parts and apply some lube generally on the parts.. i prefer hater marmalade on my regs but dow 33 or the slick lube that comes with the pmr will work well too...

i would also up my dwell... i would start with the setting at about 23 ms and see how that does and always make sure you have a fresh battery and your bolt assembly as lubed properly as any unnecessary friction will cause a reduction in efficiency and unnecessary wear...

best of luck and i hope that helps you... i have found with my pmr that i just preferred a 68/45 tank and you may want to as well as soon as your budget allows.. if the 68/45 is too big of a tank for then check out the 45/45 or the 48/45 tanks...

good luck
wat i meant by "do u know anything at all" was do u now anylitte thing to help my problem not hes stupid or anything
Old 08-24-2008, 12:50 PM #10
jeremyO

also i was told by other to lower dwell