Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 PM #1
Snafu4you!

epiphany?

Why is it that i never can find the information i want for the epiphany. I'm not new to this game, this just seemed like the best place to post this.

So i bought a setup from a friend that included a broken epiphany, empire hopper, and pure energy air for 200bucks. The gun is being fixed as we speak, so in the mean time I was looking at what people had to say about this gun. It sounds like a love hate relationship. It sounds like the type of gun that has its problems, I wanna fix them, so is there any kind of upgrades for the gun that will help out.(new bolt, regulator,ect...) One other thing is whats the thread style for the barrel of the gun?

Thanks for helping.
Snafu4you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 PM #2
undiscoveredtalent

wrong section to post this...go to the marker area, under smart parts and click epiphany....

Gateway Theory? Absolutely, it leads me to my fridge every time.
undiscoveredtalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 PM #3
undiscoveredtalent

I even got u the link
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430

Gateway Theory? Absolutely, it leads me to my fridge every time.
undiscoveredtalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:31 PM #4
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
leave the reg on
the ion regs are one of the best regs out there (in terms of performance) only downfall to them is their big, bulky, and uncomfortable without the rubber grip

as for upgrades i would recommend the TechT L7 bolt before anything else
those thing will make your gun shoot so well
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:52 PM #5
Snafu4you!

alright next time I will but i'm gonna let it slide this time. Bolt looks good, what about the barrel threads?
Snafu4you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM #6
victoralphacharlie2
StL

victoralphacharlie2 is playing at Living Legends V
victoralphacharlie2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
victoralphacharlie2 supports Team VICIOUS
victoralphacharlie2 plays in the APPA D4 division
victoralphacharlie2 supports Empire
its smart parts barrel threads(ion, impulse, etc.) and should come with freak jr stock which is an awsome barrel so there's no big need to buy a new one unless you have a personal preference
victoralphacharlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 PM #7
paintballinfl

barrel is impulse/ion threaded read the stickies and use the search button these things have been asked 5000 times
Old 08-23-2008, 04:48 PM #8
tokay444
Dust white Darq Marq user

i recommend you upgrade everything, and after you do, and you've spent about 800-1000 bucks total, you'll still be left with an ion, that if you're lucky will fetch 200-300 bucks. "don't want to sell it" you say? no matter what anyone else says, no matter how much you put into it, it won't shoot like a high end gun ever.
so what i really recommend, is to start with a better platform to begin with. look for something with at least an adjustable lpr. don't make the same mistake we all have. or is it too late?...
tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 PM #9
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokay444 View Post
i recommend you upgrade everything, and after you do, and you've spent about 800-1000 bucks total, you'll still be left with an ion, that if you're lucky will fetch 200-300 bucks. "don't want to sell it" you say? no matter what anyone else says, no matter how much you put into it, it won't shoot like a high end gun ever.
so what i really recommend, is to start with a better platform to begin with. look for something with at least an adjustable lpr. don't make the same mistake we all have. or is it too late?...
Not everyone can afford that... I don't belive he asked for your opinion on whether he should keep it, so please stop talking. well im not a huge ion fan but I like the epiphany way more than the ion, if for nothing else, the trigger is alot nicer. Get a bolt(shochtech, firebolt,L7) and a qev. You can pick up a bolt and qev for around 40-50 bucks. The only thing I reccomend next is a board which if u can find a used one locally that would be your best bet. The stock epiph modes blow.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:04 PM #10
Nekrow
5474N157 N00B PWNZ0R

Dont change the barrel, just get a couple inserts, or if your like me and have to over spend, get the whole stainless freak kit; the stock barrel is very good. As far as bolts go, they have little to do with accuracy, so its more about the amount of volume the bolt takes up in the firing can, the slight kick and the weight. Id leave it stock, the firebolt is nuts. But if you really want to upgrade, the Orange Unicorn or L7 seem to be the better ones, maybe a Pillow Bolt, but I havnt heard much about them. A QEV should be your first upgrade, its probably the most useful and low priced upgrade you could hope for. A reg isnt really required, IMO. Boards are nice, just be careful you dont spend a bunch of money on a nice board that your loader cant keep up with.

I dont think buying my Epi and 1k in parts/other gear was a waste. I love it. It shoots like a wet dream. I played with it for months before deciding to up it. I dont regret it at all.

EDIT: While Ions and Epis are quite similar, Id say the Epi is a more solid, reliable gun.
Black/White Epiphany - Redefined Virtue Board / EZ-on V2 / Virtue Eyes, Orange Unicorn Nano Bolt w/ Extreme Upgrade, SP 360 QEV, Q-Lock, Stainless Freak Insert Kit, CP Rake Trigger, Air America Apocalypse 68/30 w/ CP Drop, Dynasty Velocity Jr.
Nekrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:56 PM #11
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrow View Post
EDIT: While Ions and Epis are quite similar, Id say the Epi is a more solid, reliable gun.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 AM #12
tokay444

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
Not everyone can afford that... I don't belive he asked for your opinion on whether he should keep it, so please stop talking. well im not a huge ion fan but I like the epiphany way more than the ion, if for nothing else, the trigger is alot nicer. Get a bolt(shochtech, firebolt,L7) and a qev. You can pick up a bolt and qev for around 40-50 bucks. The only thing I reccomend next is a board which if u can find a used one locally that would be your best bet. The stock epiph modes blow.
who are you to tell me to stop talking. i gave this guy the best advice of his paintball career .
he could have this....

or if he saved all the money it would take to do that, he could have this...

and his up'd epiphany costing the same amount in the long run as a 1 of 126(1 of 20 in white) limited edition gun which will always be worth something, if not gain value, will be worth nothing, and still shoot like crap.

Last edited by tokay444 : 08-24-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:58 PM #13
recklesscustoms
-Reckless Customs-

owned.
recklesscustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:55 PM #14
Nekrow
5474N157 N00B PWNZ0R

A good gun doesn't equal a good player. If you suck, you suck, period; and no matter how many balls you can shoot, or how well your gun performs it isn't going to make a difference. Epiphany is a good gun for someone who doesn't have tons of money to pay for the most 1337 marker ever.
Black/White Epiphany - Redefined Virtue Board / EZ-on V2 / Virtue Eyes, Orange Unicorn Nano Bolt w/ Extreme Upgrade, SP 360 QEV, Q-Lock, Stainless Freak Insert Kit, CP Rake Trigger, Air America Apocalypse 68/30 w/ CP Drop, Dynasty Velocity Jr.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:13 PM #15
tokay444

but it's a money pit...
Old 08-24-2008, 04:04 PM #16
victoralphacharlie2
StL

victoralphacharlie2 is playing at Living Legends V
victoralphacharlie2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
victoralphacharlie2 supports Team VICIOUS
victoralphacharlie2 plays in the APPA D4 division
victoralphacharlie2 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesscustoms View Post
owned.

Quote:
but it's a money pit...
victoralphacharlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:04 PM #17
Nekrow
5474N157 N00B PWNZ0R

Quote:
but it's a money pit...
Only if you choose to upgrade it a ton. Anything other then a QEV and/or Clamping Feedneck could be considered a waste of money. Beyond those two the only thing I can think of that would be rather useful is a board and the stock one is fine, anyway.

Granted, he wont be able to list off his upgrades for 10 minutes, its still going to shoot well.

Any paintball gun, possession, item, person, place, car or thing can be a money pit, if you so choose, doesn't mean it has to be. I've yet to buy a replacement part because one broke. Not even an O-ring, after 20+ all day games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokay444
and his up'd epiphany costing the same amount in the long run as a 1 of 126(1 of 20 in white) limited edition gun which will always be worth something, if not gain value, will be worth nothing, and still shoot like crap.
Perhaps, but monetary value isn't what is all important in paintball, is it? My old Tippmann is worth poop and shoots about just as well, but that won't change the fact that it has personal value.

And, if paint to bore match is what truly dictates accuracy, the Epi shoots as well as any other gun. Granted, other guns may have small differences in the way in which they fire, its irrelevant, right?

Last edited by Nekrow : 08-24-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM #18
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

Yep.^^^

And seriously stop talking tokay, i feel dumber already....
Your the genious who dumped that much money into a gun. Epiphs are nice just don't be retarded and buy useless crap like a new reg, rew barrel, grips, or body(unless its that important to have b.o.b...)
To be fair however, i will say this. If you are gonna want to upgrade your epiph beyond a few little things, you will end up dumping money into it. Honestly though, you shouldn't need to.

Last edited by aaaa1236 : 08-24-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 PM #19
tokay444

paint to bore match is what dictates accuracy. not how a gun shoots. two totally different aspects of a marker.
and the stock board is a total waste of solder.
it doesn't even have a low pressure regulator.
ps. god is a farse.

Last edited by tokay444 : 08-24-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:13 PM #20
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

haha, now hes whining and taking cheapshots cause he was proven wrong. I think the arguments over, you gave it your best tokay...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM #21
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
stock epi has done me fine, no problems what so ever, and its been through 4 tournaments including NCPA Nationals. I got a couple inserts for my barrel back. Take care of your stuff, read the manual a couple times and it will be good to go.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote