Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM #43
bryceeden

has been a member for 10 years
They made the thread because some V-force fanboy wanted to bash Save Phace.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:02 PM #44
nickwithanafive
VA 540 VA

nickwithanafive plays in the PSP
nickwithanafive is an NCPA player
nickwithanafive plays in the APPA D4 division
Because only your eyes need protection when your head is being shot at . . .
Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 PM #45
Grip-n-Rip
Save Phace Rep

Bullet Proof

None of the lenses you are going to shoot are "bullet proof". Most if not all fire arms shoot at least 900 fps. So non of the lenes including ours will be "bullet proof".

Please don't wear the mask if you plan on shooting it with a small firearms. You WILL die!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM #46
bryceeden

Yeah, I know. Heck, my shrapnel goggles would probably not stop a direct hit with a bullet and they are alot thicker then paintball goggles. But V-force did say theirs were bulletproof so I had to do the test. "Shockingly" they all get shot right thru. Now alot of people are calling my video fake. Unproffessional maybe, but its definatly real.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:48 PM #47
schuby

schuby owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schuby is an NCPA player
schuby plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceeden View Post
Yeah, I know. Heck, my shrapnel goggles would probably not stop a direct hit with a bullet and they are alot thicker then paintball goggles. But V-force did say theirs were bulletproof so I had to do the test. "Shockingly" they all get shot right thru. Now alot of people are calling my video fake. Unproffessional maybe, but its definatly real.
That is ridiculous. Anyone with half a freaking brain in their head should watch that video, and realize that it is definitely, very, real. And I mean lets face it, why would you take the time to make a fake video about shooting a paintball mask? Bigfoot, I can see making a fake video about. But a sport that not a ton of people play, that isn't really in the public eye? I hate people sometimes...
Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM #48
bryceeden

Me too, me too. Its amazing the power hype has over people, the story grows about paintball masks being bulletproof(both JT and V-force have made this claim) and people buy right into it refusing to accept the truth. If I was going to fake a video, I'd make sure all my shots hit perfectly and there would be cooler melon explosions when the bullets hit them.

The sad thing is that people do fake stuff. Like this picture.

He claims to have shot that with a .40 at 5'. Having shot polycarbonate with actual bullets there is no way this is realas it would have definatly gone right thru, and the impacts don't match the way hits look in actual bulletproof lexan either. What ever he hit it with had low enough velocity to dent but not break the lens and the projectile didn't deform, my bet is he actually used a slingshot and steel ball bearings.

Here is an actual clear "bulletproof" shield

Its just alittle thicker than paintball lenses wouldn't you say.

Here is a bulletproof helmet(level IIIA I believe)

Here is a shot of a piece of Lexan which has been hit.

But yet the argument will go on forever since clearly companys would never lie or spread misinformation/inaccurate test results about stuff like that to further thier product sales to uninformed(read ignorant) youth.

I actually really respect Save Phace for strait up saying that lenses aren't bulletproof, its nice to use products from an honest company.

Last edited by bryceeden : 08-22-2008 at 08:18 PM.