PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM #1
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

Questions for Yakuza owners.

Who here uses Yakuza boards in their Marqs? I am considering dropping some change on one if I ever get some decent income. I had ordered one already but I had to get a refund for that reason. I decided I could live with a Virtue board (that's right, I have a Virtue board big whoop wanna fight about it?) for now & put the Yakuza dough into a Proficiency Kit instead.

I guess I just really need to know that if & when I shell out my hard earned money for a Yakuza board will it be worth it? Most specifically, I would like to compare it to a Tadao M8. I'm not considering a Tadao M8. If I swap boards it will be for a Yakuza. But besides the obvious addition of a nice OLED screen what other improvements have been made? I saw a little bit on Tadao's site but I was hoping for something in depth. I'm not looking for anything really brief & pointless (ie: "Yakuza ftmfw" or needless bashing of competitors such as, "Virtchew uber suxzors"). If you're going to do that than I don't wanna hear from you.

One initial question: Does it really made a difference with 4 eyes over the M8? Has anyone actually compared them in this aspect?
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM #2
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
To be honest, there is absolutely no reason to buy one if you have the M8 board... It is just easier to adjust your settings by looking at a screen rather than counting blinks. I noticed no difference when in the eye logic. Save yourself the money and don't buy a yakuza...

Bob long insight soft face bolts in stock now!!
Hottest new markers!!www.breakoutactionsports.com

Last edited by tim2thousand4 : 08-18-2008 at 06:16 PM.
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 PM #3
el chingon

I have not used the M8, but after the research I did before I purchased an upgraded board, I ended up choosing the Yakuza. I personally like the OLED screen for easier settings rather than opening the grips. With the OLED, you also have the option to "fine tune" your settings as well, such as ramping percentage and the option to save settings. Being able to scan though the different modes is a luxury. To me, it's worth the extra, but it is all preference. I felt when I first bought the board; I should've gone with the M8 for the price. I also figured that I wouldn't notice the difference with the 4c eye system and modes as well. Now I'm glad I made my purchase. But as Tim said above, there is not much difference. From my understanding the M8 will do just about everything as the Yakuza. It's only a small percentage more that the Yakuza's OLED can offer between the two.
el chingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 PM #4
RvG LucKStrucK v2
Team Enemy

i dont have a yakuza but in the news section i saw they were going to put mini usb ports on them so i would wait for that to happen imo

Last edited by RvG LucKStrucK v2 : 08-20-2008 at 01:22 AM.
RvG LucKStrucK v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 PM #5
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

I was the one who posted that. But that really doesn't answer my questions.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:38 AM #6
ApolloAnton
gettin slizzard

ApolloAnton donated to help Peyton Trent
ApolloAnton owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ApolloAnton supports Team VICIOUS
ApolloAnton is for the Gunfight
I went from a Virtue board with 2 eyes to a Yakuza with 4c eyes. The $80 I spent upgrading was totally worth it IMO. The ease of navigating the Yakuza itself amazing. With the 4c eyes, it seems like my gun shoots ridiculously fast on semi- a lot faster than the Virtue with 2 eyes anyways. I do have it RF'ed with Pulse though, which could also help out with the shooting speed.

Well I hope my shallow review helped you out a little bit. Good luck!
ApolloAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:08 AM #7
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Based on a comparison of performance between the M8 and Yakuza, there's little performance increase. I prefer the Yakuza due to the heavier switch and ease of programming (not to mention the code) but the M8 in my neighbor's protege shoots as well as my Yakuza'd Vice....both with 4C eyes. Will even recommended that my neighbor save a few bucks and get the M8 over the Yakuza based on how often he plays, etc.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 AM #8
ZootSuitRyan

No real performance boost but much easier interface over dip switches. If you need an upgrade for the stock boards, just slide into the Tadao or BL booth.