Community Focus

Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM #1
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Ok Ill give you one to Discuss...I swear

Swearing has been an issue on and off for awhile now, I still remember the first suspension process I was apart of was for Unsportsmanlike Conduct (player swearing at myself and two other refs).

So what is "reasonable" swearing? Should you always issue a first warning?

In my opinion a first warning should only be issued if the swear is not directed at someone(ex: after being eliminated). And vice versa, a player should be eliminated if there directing the language toward a player or ref and of course the more severe the language the more severe the penalty.
TeamShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 PM #2
Pumpa

Sounds good. A warning is fair...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:48 PM #3
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
I agree with you.

We've all gotten eliminated, we've all been angry and sworn at ourselves. I see that as a warning situation, more of a reminder that hey, we've got to keep this clean. If they are stringing them off left and right, then that is a different story....but if someone just swears at themselves, one word or whatever....it happens. Warn them.

If it is directed towards an individual, a penalty is necessary.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM #4
BOOGPRO
Masters World Champion

BOOGPRO donated to help Peyton Trent
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends V
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VI
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VII
Yes the warning is the way to go.We all know everyone gets really amped up to play and sometimes they cant control themselves too well. This also coming from a guy who would gag himself with a headband so he couldnt swear for I do cuss like a sailor at times
Original Member of FLA Annihilators, RAGE. Member of Lockout, Jax Warriors, Nemisis, Strange B, Cypress, Mickeys Rats,Legacy Masters, loaned to East Coast Eliminators N.Y., Palm Beach Predetors, Hounds of Hell N.Y.,CFP Masters and many more. Original P.R.O. , NXL Referee,PSP, NPPL, EXL, NCPA,CFPS,SPCS, Ultimate Madness, Areanaball, UK Referee . Draxxus All Stars '08 World Cup Masters Champion

R.I.P. Towlie & Odin

Yes i am the reason we have ID cards now sorry

Last edited by BOOGPRO : 05-21-2008 at 07:12 PM.
BOOGPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 PM #5
CraigAL32

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Boog swear, NO F@$% way?
LOL, yea he is super passionate about the game at all levels.

Ok back on topic.

Good question and it seems was an issue at Jax.
Boog it was Robbys field that some had issues with the swearing but from what I hear the reffs were very clear before game about the swearing so take it for what it is.

The swearing is in the rules and needs to be watched but I am not going to pull a penalty on a team for a guy that swears as he is hit and is leaving the game. He is not changing the game at this point, now if he starts to swear at the refs or another player then penalty time. The other area that is delicate is if they are swearing on the hollywood tape and moms and kids are exposed to it.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
CraigAL32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:33 PM #6
R0bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAL32 View Post
Boog swear, NO F@$% way?
LOL, yea he is super passionate about the game at all levels.

Ok back on topic.

Good question and it seems was an issue at Jax.
Boog it was Robbys field that some had issues with the swearing but from what I hear the reffs were very clear before game about the swearing so take it for what it is.

The swearing is in the rules and needs to be watched but I am not going to pull a penalty on a team for a guy that swears as he is hit and is leaving the game. He is not changing the game at this point, now if he starts to swear at the refs or another player then penalty time. The other area that is delicate is if they are swearing on the hollywood tape and moms and kids are exposed to it.

ya at jax there was a player who had a bad called on him and decided to take it out on me (i didn't even pull the penalty) he continued to yell and call me some not so nice things and i just simply told him player take it up with the head ref and im warning you about your language he continued to say how i must have learned to ref in kindergarten and other swears and then after another warning said F*** you you choad and that was it i believe he got some sort of suspension i gave it to my head ref to deal with after that i think its ok for the occasionally damn when your hit but when you start dropping the F bomb at refs i believe something should be done about it
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 PM #7
nshxockter

i was at a tourny in st augustine and some douce with an ion who thought it was better than an ego started swearing at red and they almost got in a fight

the idiot threw his gun on the ground out of anger
it broke off his feedneck
i laughed
nshxockter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 PM #8
Mah Timmy

Mah Timmy supports Team VICIOUS
usually we will give a warning if its just general swearing(ex. getting shot out and yelling F*CK) but if it is swearing at some one there will be no warning and they will recieve a penalty.
Mah Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 AM #9
letch
Quality

letch donated to help Peyton Trent
letch supports Team VICIOUS
letch is for the Gunfight
yeah if someone gets shot out and they say, damn it, i overslid that bunker, or something of the sort, i wouldnt think its a big deal. But if they get shot and they say, What the $%#& you #$@%ing *%#$ it was from last game! then something should be done about it.

Cocker threaded Powerlyte Scepter kit
GRIZZCREWREPRESENT

Originally posted by Sonix Nub3: Bud is like seasoning a steak.. it adds flavor to life.. nothing more. get over it

GO WINGS
letch is offline   Reply With Quote