Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 08:11 AM #43
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong
 
QuencyJones16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tennessee
QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot90 View Post
Okay, you must have never used a Un1tech. I just had to buy one for my LION. Un1techs are a one piece barrel pretty much. The back just adapts it onto the gun, the entire barrel is the same bore. Unlike every other barrel on the market pretty much, like the UL that is .692 and a much larger front. So that is why a control bore must be the same for both markers being tested.

But 16" is helpful in a lot of cases.
That is what I am saying, since the whole length of the barrel on a Un1tec is the same ID, that would basically be the control bore, an 14" to16" control bore. But take a UL with its' 5" control bore and they are not the same.

Like stated to have a real test, both barrels have to have the same length of control bore.

P.S- I have used more barrels than you can count.
__________________
www.lawrencejphotography.com

I use Canon, oh yes.
QuencyJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 AM #44
Iram
Part time grammar nazi
 
Iram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Acton, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless View Post
Usafpilot is right, Every barrel will produce the same velocities, that is as long as the gun shoots the same amount of air every shot. Because if you think about it, the gun is going to shoot the same amount of air on an 8 inch barrel as it will on a 21 inch barrel, when people say it shoots farther it is because the paint they're using weighs less than the paint somebody else is using.
That's not correct.

Every barrel can shoot the same velocities (within reason), but only if the ammount of air is NOT the same.

Too short a "control bore" will require more air (basically you need to go from 0-300 in 4" instead of 0-300 in 10"). A barrel that's too long with have extra friction with the ball, so you need more air to overcome the friction at the end of the barrel (where the air pressure in the barrel is already dropping since it expanded). And in between, there is a sweetspot with the ideal efficiency and control bore length. Tom Kay did some tests years ago and concluded it ideal was somewhere around 8-10" (if I remember correctly).
__________________
Bye.
Iram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:55 AM #45
Sifio
 
 
Sifio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island
Sifio helped look for balloons
This may sound ridiculous, but I'm more accurate with a 16" barrel because it's easier to aim with.
__________________
Flickr
Sifio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 PM #46
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier
 
Havoc-paintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, CA
Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
^I alreday said that. THAT is the "difference" in accuracy.
__________________
Woodsball is the only real paintball experience...


Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:43 PM #47
sepet
i can has chzbrgr?!
 
sepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ankara, TR
sepet owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
sepet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifio View Post
This may sound ridiculous, but I'm more accurate with a 16" barrel because it's easier to aim with.
..same reason, i have 16" too
sepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 PM #48
termitemfp
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I had the same question so i asked to guy at my local pro shop. Anything above a 14" barrel is a waste of money.
termitemfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM #49
Logan_Dizzle
FEP family for life
 
Logan_Dizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NH
i had a 16 inch stiffi and then i stopped taking viagra.


no seriously, i tried a 16 inch and it was awkwardly long, i couldnt manuever the bunker the same way i ended up ghosting it lol i stick with a freak 14, which we all know SP cant messure so its more like 13.

they must be.....over compensating hahaha
__________________
FEP Family for Life
Capital Punishment 7 man
nice quest for sale!
Logan_Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM #50
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I use a 16 inch all the time. i just find I can press the air bunker in and stay covered better that way. 14 works too but some bunkers are just a tad too thick. So for me it depends on where I'm playing. It is easier to sight along a 16 inch as well. It's a bit quieter too if you care about that.
__________________

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM #51
Snyper 27
Who said i can't play??
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Many, LA
I personally use a 12" TI Longbow, its sickly accurate and i like the shortness. I routinely put ppl out from across the field, 100 ft is not a long shot for me. i have no prob aiming.
Snyper 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:24 PM #52
HippieMagic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonburg, WV
Confidence is the only thing that matters. I mean as long as you THINK you can hit the person and have that confidence in your mind you are able to achieve a better level of performance than if you think your marker or barrel is sub par.
HippieMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:37 PM #53
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black
 
PaintBallin27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Villa Rica, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMagic View Post
Confidence is the only thing that matters. I mean as long as you THINK you can hit the person and have that confidence in your mind you are able to achieve a better level of performance than if you think your marker or barrel is sub par.
+10000
__________________
Alpha Black:
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
PaintBallin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 PM #54
usafpilot90 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMagic View Post
Confidence is the only thing that matters. I mean as long as you THINK you can hit the person and have that confidence in your mind you are able to achieve a better level of performance than if you think your marker or barrel is sub par.
That is the most bull**** I've ever read.
usafpilot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 PM #55
HippieMagic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonburg, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot90 View Post
That is the most bull**** I've ever read.
You can choose not to believe me... I don't care. The fact is paintball is like 80% confidence in your ability and 20% equipment. You can have a $1500 paintball marker and no confidence and guess what... that guy with the 98C will run your *** over because he believes he is the better player.

You should be playing with your skill... not your marker...
HippieMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 PM #56
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black
 
PaintBallin27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Villa Rica, GA
Exactly! Having an upgraded marker is just a bonus.
__________________
Alpha Black:
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
PaintBallin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 PM #57
HippieMagic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jacksonburg, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBallin27 View Post
Exactly! Having an upgraded marker is just a bonus.
Yeah haha I have a $1300 marker but only because I wanted a totally custom cocker.
HippieMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM #58
a_sock
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMagic View Post
Yeah haha I have a $1300 marker but only because I wanted a totally custom cocker.
...pics of said cocker?


length is all preference, If you can aim better with a 16 inch, use it. Ive got barrels from 6"-20" and theres no difference between a 1 or 2 inch difference, they all put the paint where I want it.
__________________
_____________________________________________
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 PM #59
Zack890
Pew Pew
 
Zack890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: the 440
At the splatterpark big game some kid had a 21" on his tippmann and used a barrel plug and they had to take his gun away while they found him a magnum barrel sock- dont be that guy
Zack890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 PM #60
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black
 
PaintBallin27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Villa Rica, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMagic View Post
Yeah haha I have a $1300 marker but only because I wanted a totally custom cocker.
yea, i have a $1455 tippmann alpha black that can consistently shoot at 30bps and its +-3fps.

before you say anything, im into mil-sim, thats why.
__________________
Alpha Black:
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
PaintBallin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:25 PM #61
usafpilot90 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBallin27 View Post
yea, i have a $1455 tippmann alpha black that can consistently shoot at 30bps and its +-3fps.

before you say anything, im into mil-sim, thats why.
You forgot this
usafpilot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:33 AM #62
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black
 
PaintBallin27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Villa Rica, GA
no i didn't... its a GREAT gun but i think i went to over board. i waiting for it to come back from getting duracoated. i will be saving for a nice droid soon but i have to save $500-$1000 for my school clothes first.
__________________
Alpha Black:
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
PaintBallin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 AM #63
usafpilot90 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBallin27 View Post
no i didn't... its a GREAT gun but i think i went to over board. i waiting for it to come back from getting duracoated. i will be saving for a nice droid soon but i have to save $500-$1000 for my school clothes first.
Yes, you did It will not shoot 30 BPS unless it has eyes, which it does not unless you have more money than sense. And I have no clue how you spent $1,455 on a gun that costs $170 at max.
usafpilot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump