Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 02:15 AM #22
woahzach
 
 
woahzach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: BBurg, IN
i assume its because this thread is an opinion about a field and not a thread with updates on events and stuff, aka "information"

Last edited by woahzach : 07-27-2008 at 02:17 AM.
woahzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2008, 06:30 AM #23
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy
 
Auctionjunkie!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by woahzach View Post
i assume its because this thread is an opinion about a field and not a thread with updates on events and stuff, aka "information"
Correct. If you look in the Why thread you'll basically see the same answer. Noticed that one hasn't been deleted either?
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:49 PM #24
Swampdonkey (Banned)
Dude, Swampdonkeys r real
 
Swampdonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Swamp!
ok

Last edited by Swampdonkey : 07-28-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 PM #25
eightpointbuck03
God bless America
 
eightpointbuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nowhereville
eightpointbuck03 donated to help Peyton Trent
eightpointbuck03 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInNyB View Post
First of all this is not smack


today was honestly one of the biggest wastes of money
people had their masks off on field most of the time between games

the players who had no care about walking around staging with a fully set up gun without a barrel bag acting out the games even after we said something twice to the player with the red and gloss purple ego

not to mention all the people who were talking about the bonus balling


im sorry and i really hope you do well with your business but i will NEVER be returning

Kevin is one of the finest men I know. His heart is with the sport and its true promotion. He values every customer and takes constructive criticism very responsibly. This is an honorable and professional way to conduct a business , so in like manner, if we the players have a concern, we should address him, not the world. If the complaint is legitimate, Kevin will resolve the issue. So please be respectful to him and all field owners who are simply trying to make an honest living in a sport they endorse. Pronouncing your opinion for the world will accomplish nothing except animosity. Remember, it is just your opinion. Saying you didn't have a chance to talk with him is a cop-out; it's much easier to puff up behind a key board.
__________________
Cincinnati Paintball
www.ixp07.com- Ice Xtreme Paintball support!
Asylum Paintball
Feedback- LOTS! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post20131681
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...= AllFeedback
eightpointbuck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM #26
SkInNyB
B GATES
 
SkInNyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bloomington
Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
you are pretty funny because i really couldnt find him before we left and if you can read im not trying to cause a bunch of **** what is wrong eith constructive critisim

maybe you could have read the part where it says its not smack and i dont see how i am "Puffing up" behind a key board i would have much rather talk to him in person because i knew a bunh of you pbn junkies would find some way to get on here and talk **** like everyone dose get over it i had a problem and i made my own review people outside the net pretending to play is a pretty big deal so i told him about it
__________________
KCCO
WISEGUYS
2012 MSXL series champs
WISEGUYS

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC

Last edited by SkInNyB : 07-28-2008 at 03:45 PM.
SkInNyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 PM #27
SkInNyB
B GATES
 
SkInNyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bloomington
Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
Are you the one who robbed them cuz u was so mad?

really not funny
__________________
KCCO
WISEGUYS
2012 MSXL series champs
WISEGUYS

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM #28
maddawg8018
Hi.
 
maddawg8018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightpointbuck03 View Post
Kevin is one of the finest men I know. His heart is with the sport and its true promotion. He values every customer and takes constructive criticism very responsibly. This is an honorable and professional way to conduct a business , so in like manner, if we the players have a concern, we should address him, not the world. If the complaint is legitimate, Kevin will resolve the issue. So please be respectful to him and all field owners who are simply trying to make an honest living in a sport they endorse. Pronouncing your opinion for the world will accomplish nothing except animosity. Remember, it is just your opinion. Saying you didn't have a chance to talk with him is a cop-out; it's much easier to puff up behind a key board.
Skinnyb never mentioned anything about Kevin not valuing his customers, he's simply bringing up some things that he saw at the field that he didn't like. Why not address the world bud? Other people don't have the right to know the opinion of skinnyb? Isn't that what reviews are for? If you go to actionvillage.com or pbreview.com and are wanting to buy a product, do you normally read reviews if you've never used/seen the product before? Whom are those reviews by and whom are they addressed too? By users, to users. Pronouncing his opinion to the 'world' is simply reviewing and letting other people know what he felt about the field.
Now, I've met Kevin and he seems like an awesome guy, but I will agree that safety conditions were worse at ixp than most fields. I was at the field the same day skinny was, I didn't see many people with barrel condoms on either. This kind of stuff does happen at other fields, but not to near the extent that it happened at ixp. I understand all fields sometimes have their issues and IXP seems like a good place to play, but it seemed like fun was before safety when it should be the other way around. There was no waiver to sign, and people did have their masks off on the field right before a game started. I saw first hand people reenacting the games with barrel condoms off in the staging area. We did mention to some kids "hey throw a barrel condom on" and they simply stared at us like we were stupid. Kevin was busy with a birthday party so I'm not personally holding him responsible, but the young men that were disobeying the normal safety rules of paintball seemed to be regulars and maybe they thought they were "above the rules." Regardless, there's really no excuse for disobeying safety rules, and that's why at other fields these safety rules are stressed before the game and someone breaks the rule they aren't giving a warning, they are done paintballing for a certain amount of time. When Kevin isn't around, it's up to the refs (whom were the players as well) and the players to enforce these rules. I know Skinnyb, myself and a few others tried but to no avail, they didn't listen. Safety is the real concern here, not getting bonusballed, not kevin, just plain safety.
maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 PM #29
SkInNyB
B GATES
 
SkInNyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bloomington
Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
very well put
__________________
KCCO
WISEGUYS
2012 MSXL series champs
WISEGUYS

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM #30
hotbees
LTK
 
hotbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: bloomingtion,in
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg8018 View Post
Skinnyb never mentioned anything about Kevin not valuing his customers, he's simply bringing up some things that he saw at the field that he didn't like. Why not address the world bud? Other people don't have the right to know the opinion of skinnyb? Isn't that what reviews are for? If you go to actionvillage.com or pbreview.com and are wanting to buy a product, do you normally read reviews if you've never used/seen the product before? Whom are those reviews by and whom are they addressed too? By users, to users. Pronouncing his opinion to the 'world' is simply reviewing and letting other people know what he felt about the field.
Now, I've met Kevin and he seems like an awesome guy, but I will agree that safety conditions were worse at ixp than most fields. I was at the field the same day skinny was, I didn't see many people with barrel condoms on either. This kind of stuff does happen at other fields, but not to near the extent that it happened at ixp. I understand all fields sometimes have their issues and IXP seems like a good place to play, but it seemed like fun was before safety when it should be the other way around. There was no waiver to sign, and people did have their masks off on the field right before a game started. I saw first hand people reenacting the games with barrel condoms off in the staging area. We did mention to some kids "hey throw a barrel condom on" and they simply stared at us like we were stupid. Kevin was busy with a birthday party so I'm not personally holding him responsible, but the young men that were disobeying the normal safety rules of paintball seemed to be regulars and maybe they thought they were "above the rules." Regardless, there's really no excuse for disobeying safety rules, and that's why at other fields these safety rules are stressed before the game and someone breaks the rule they aren't giving a warning, they are done paintballing for a certain amount of time. When Kevin isn't around, it's up to the refs (whom were the players as well) and the players to enforce these rules. I know Skinnyb, myself and a few others tried but to no avail, they didn't listen. Safety is the real concern here, not getting bonusballed, not kevin, just plain safety.
i singed a waiver that day.
__________________
Indiana paintball.
hotbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 PM #31
eightpointbuck03
God bless America
 
eightpointbuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nowhereville
eightpointbuck03 donated to help Peyton Trent
eightpointbuck03 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg8018 View Post
Skinnyb never mentioned anything about Kevin not valuing his customers, he's simply bringing up some things that he saw at the field that he didn't like. Why not address the world bud? Other people don't have the right to know the opinion of skinnyb? Isn't that what reviews are for? If you go to actionvillage.com or pbreview.com and are wanting to buy a product, do you normally read reviews if you've never used/seen the product before? Whom are those reviews by and whom are they addressed too? By users, to users. Pronouncing his opinion to the 'world' is simply reviewing and letting other people know what he felt about the field.
Now, I've met Kevin and he seems like an awesome guy, but I will agree that safety conditions were worse at ixp than most fields. I was at the field the same day skinny was, I didn't see many people with barrel condoms on either. This kind of stuff does happen at other fields, but not to near the extent that it happened at ixp. I understand all fields sometimes have their issues and IXP seems like a good place to play, but it seemed like fun was before safety when it should be the other way around. There was no waiver to sign, and people did have their masks off on the field right before a game started. I saw first hand people reenacting the games with barrel condoms off in the staging area. We did mention to some kids "hey throw a barrel condom on" and they simply stared at us like we were stupid. Kevin was busy with a birthday party so I'm not personally holding him responsible, but the young men that were disobeying the normal safety rules of paintball seemed to be regulars and maybe they thought they were "above the rules." Regardless, there's really no excuse for disobeying safety rules, and that's why at other fields these safety rules are stressed before the game and someone breaks the rule they aren't giving a warning, they are done paintballing for a certain amount of time. When Kevin isn't around, it's up to the refs (whom were the players as well) and the players to enforce these rules. I know Skinnyb, myself and a few others tried but to no avail, they didn't listen. Safety is the real concern here, not getting bonusballed, not kevin, just plain safety.

I respect your position on this matter and you handled your reply in a very mature manner, but let's also establish the fact that this is not a review thread. They do have specific threads for that. This is somebody who did not enjoy himself and is verbalizing it publicly. I did not see any review qualities in his "memo". All I saw was his distaste for the field. My personal belief is that his intentions were to better or add constructive critisism to the field. If this is the case, Kevin should have been consulted, not the nation. Note too, this is his account of ONE visit, not a very accurate assessment of IXP's operations. All fields have safety issues, that doesn't make them right, but by standards I think IXP does a good job.

Waivers are available to all customers, I myself have signed them. If you never intend on returning to a field, why waste the time convincing others not to go? This seems frivelous. We are all out here for the same reason, to enjoy the sport, let's make this a mud sling. You've said your piece as we all have, so let it drop and allow people to make their own assessments based on their experience.
__________________
Cincinnati Paintball
www.ixp07.com- Ice Xtreme Paintball support!
Asylum Paintball
Feedback- LOTS! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post20131681
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...= AllFeedback
eightpointbuck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM #32
SkInNyB
B GATES
 
SkInNyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bloomington
Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB is an NCPA player
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
wow why are you all acting like im attacking kevin i have no problem with him what so ever i thought he was pretty cool there were some things that happend that needed to be adressed maybe my first posts were a but much but tell me someone who dosent act on anger a little more than needed at the time which is why if you look at my posts i have edited most of them after i have had some time to think about what i am putting i am not trying to get people to stop going to the field at all like i have said a million times before there were some major issues and i adressed them and the waiver thing im sure he has them or osmthing i didnt sign one either but our registration was a bit rushed because we wanted to get on the field it would really be awsome if you all would stop thinking that im like attacking kevin or his buisness but i just went back in the thread and looked at all the posts and its just about all IXP regulars who think that so its all good
__________________
KCCO
WISEGUYS
2012 MSXL series champs
WISEGUYS

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM #33
kcroucher
Paintball Plex
 
kcroucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flatrock Indiana
Hey its Kevin I understand what you are saying. I have talked to all of my guys here at the field and they understand they have to folow the rules also. If I would of seen anything wrong I hope you realy know I would of fixed it right then. I DO THIS FOR FUN NOT TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. IF MY SON WANTED TO QUIT I WOULD QUIT TO. Plaese understand that I am sorry for that day and if you did not sign a waiver I am sorry I have ask my office lady and she thought everybody did. Anyway let this thread die. I feel like I am in high school again. Nothing against my guys on here or even the guys who dont like IXP. I am not into all the drama LOL. I hope everybody can just have fun and play paintball. I know someday somehow we will all play each other somewhere.
__________________
Why Conform
Black Ice
Trade My Gun
Paintball Plex



Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through him who gives me strength.
kcroucher is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump