Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 PM #1
rcarte11

Mechanical Wrath (Offer up!)

Ok so I have my spare Wrath lying around with a fried board and a lot of time to think. So I started to look at the FASOR operation of the marker and want to make this mech. I know there are threads for full EP and new framed FASOR's (For crying out loud I had one too!) but I just don't want that. What I really want to do is take a stock wrath and put a cocker frame (Maybe a sllider) drop in some parts and go.

So my first thought was to try and use a 3way in the grip. I was gonna take the lp line from the lp reg and feed the mech 3way. Then use one of the outlet ports to run into the ram cap. (Just don't know if there will be enough volume to push the ram???) The other port could just be capped as the wrath ram cap has a QEV built in. The spring would return as normal and bam ready to go again. I am trying to run this in my head and maybe be missing something so let me know.

4 + / 0 -
rcarte11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

What makes this tricky is that the operation of the Wrath's ram requires some sort of controlled dwell- the longer the pneumatic valve is held open the harder the gun is shot, and if you tie the trigger directly to the 3-way like a cocker It would be possible to short-stroke the gun if you shot the gun too quickly. Worse,the ram would freeflow through its venting hole when the trigger is held down.

I'm sure there are non-electronic ways to simulate the kind of dwell that a circuit board provides (a secondary sear acting like a clockwork delay, perhaps) but none of them are simple are easy to empliment.

Last edited by The Inflicted : 07-27-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: said "mechanical" instead of "electronic"
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:31 PM #3
rcarte11

Yeah Inflicted I found that out today as I was working on it. I did come up with one idea though. It would involve two (2) three ways but only using part of both. Or I could just machine out my own but I really don't want to dump that many hours in this.

My idea was to take one three way and bring in the low pressure air to one of the outlets that are normally open. Then once stroked the air will flow out the three way and run to an adjustable air chamber (Just to control LP volume!) Then run the air back out and to another three way outlet that is normally closed. Then from that three ways normal inlet to the back of the ram cap. (OK that was harder to describe than I thought! I'll try to draw it up later!)

By linking the two 3 ways (This is were machining my own would be nice!) the trigger pull would close off the LP to the first three way and open the second allowing the air to drive the ram. Once the built in QEV of the ram cap exhausts the air the spring should return the ram. Thus the LP air from the LP reg should still be blocked until the trigger is released. I hope to be able to adjust the air chamber to get the proper volume to drive the ram and act like a dwell.

What do you all think?

4 + / 0 -
Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 PM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarte11 View Post
By linking the two 3 ways (This is were machining my own would be nice!) the trigger pull would close off the LP to the first three way and open the second allowing the air to drive the ram. Once the built in QEV of the ram cap exhausts the air the spring should return the ram. Thus the LP air from the LP reg should still be blocked until the trigger is released. I hope to be able to adjust the air chamber to get the proper volume to drive the ram and act like a dwell.

What do you all think?
That sounds plausible, although not particularly air efficient, since you're looking at several inches of hosing to rig all the switches up. Also, I'm not entirely sure how you plan on having the air chamber seal itself from venting back into the 2nd 3-way or having its backpressure log the switch. It would probably make more sense once I saw your diagram.

One idea I had was to tap the exhaust port on the ram for a hose that would lead back to the 1st or 2nd 3-way and act as a cutoff- so that as soon as the ram reaches the end of its stroke the gas being sent to the primary 3-way would be cut off by the "sensor" hose. So the "off" the 3-way would need to be upstream of the "on" 3-way and both would need to be spring-returned and tied to the trigger.

But, now that I think about it, this would probably require even more hoses.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:06 PM #5
rcarte11

Sounds like an idea too. Maybe I should look at the exhaust air from the ram and think about a recip or something. Well i haven't got my diagram up yet because I had to work this weekend GGGRRRR but on a brighter side I did use the mill at work and start putting my own touches on my other wrath. By the way do you see any reason that the back of the wrath body couldn't be milled a few thousandths to allow my ram cap to turn to the proper alignment? Maybe seating issues but not sure.

4 + / 0 -
Old 07-28-2008, 06:04 AM #6
mikey[910]
~The king of ST~

look at ya stealing my ideas.
lol jkjk but i did have another way for this to be planned out.
instead of autocoker pneumatics, just switch your hoses into an msv-2
seen here http://airinc.thomasnet.com/item/all...msv-2?&seo=110
^^ this method will only cost ya 13 bucks
i was gonna wait till next week to post this up but ya beat me to it XD
HK Army
murder inc

Last edited by mikey[910] : 07-28-2008 at 06:08 AM.
mikey[910] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM #7
rcarte11

Interesting idea Mikey. I am curious as to the seal to atmoshpere that it talks about. Also with this popet what control could be done for the dwell? This is definatly a simplet arrangement good find!

4 + / 0 -