PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-29-2001, 09:36 PM #1
Python14
Storing paint ideas. Need help!

Ok, I just cut a deal with a friend. He's doing a bulk order of RP advantage and I'm getting it at a crazy low price. Anywho, I'm thinking of getting like 10 cases since it is cheaper but won't be using it all soon so I'll have to store it. How? Whats the best way to store paint for mayby 3 months without it going screwy? Thanks.

Old 06-30-2001, 12:52 AM #2
Xenon223
WKS??...We Kill Suckas

has been a member for 10 years
god help you if you paint storage area isnt air conditioned. if its not air conditions i dont even give it a month to survive. I have a field, and in my paint room i keep a dehumidifier running 24/7. While heat and cold have a strong effect on paint, humidity plays a huge factor. Anything over 50-60% humidity is pretty much unacceptable. You know how old paint outside looks when it gets all swollen??? well if your paint is stored in a humid area (RP especially, its not sealed) it will absorb the ambient moisture in the air, and cause your paint to swell like mad.

hope this helps your situation!!!

peace out
Authorized WDP Dealer

Sales Director
http://www.prosperwebware.com
Old 06-30-2001, 04:20 PM #3
Python14
thanks, that exactly what I needed to know. I just wanted to know if I should put a dehumidifier in. Thanks again.

Old 06-30-2001, 07:10 PM #4
HomocideKings
Best AKA Tech in ATL

has been a member for 10 years
With the amount of paint that you are getting, I would put the dehumidifier in there. You will need to be able to store that paint for quite a while.

AKA Certified
AGD Certified