Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 PM #1
dementedgerbil
0_o

could use an opinion

Ariakon
Overlord RX or ACP 2.0

ive read the data sheet on both, but some opinions would help alot.

pros and cons of each?

just an opinion on witch is a better buy etc...

Hotrod Red Karni pump F/S
dementedgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 AM #2
TheShepherd
Semper Fi

I prefer the Overlord RX. I have one and love it. It is more air efficient than the ACP2 because of the delrin bolt, whereas the ACP2 has a metal one. Both have quick release mags that are cheap. The only thing that the ACP2 really has over the overlord rx are more tactical looks (if you like that) and that it has 2 different bore size options. The Overlord RX is only .689 I believe.
CPPA Member #4121
www.harvestfellowshiplexington.org
TheShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM #3
dementedgerbil
0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherd View Post
I prefer the Overlord RX. I have one and love it. It is more air efficient than the ACP2 because of the delrin bolt, whereas the ACP2 has a metal one. Both have quick release mags that are cheap. The only thing that the ACP2 really has over the overlord rx are more tactical looks (if you like that) and that it has 2 different bore size options. The Overlord RX is only .689 I believe.

you rock man, just what i was looking for.

i was under the assumption they had the same bolt, the bore diffrences arent a big deal since its not a primary marker, but good to know regardless.

Hotrod Red Karni pump F/S
dementedgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 PM #4
Ben.haK (Banned)
I'm fantastical

I hope you realize making a bolt with a different material will not make the marker more or less efficient.
Ben.haK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 AM #5
Crimson.Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.haK View Post
I hope you realize making a bolt with a different material will not make the marker more or less efficient.
If the material it is made out of is lighter than it will make a difference since it takes less gas to push the hammer and bolt back. Since the Overlords bolt is made of delrin, which is lighter than aluminum, then it uses less gas.

I have an ACP 2.0 and I have upgraded to both a delrin bolt and delrin sleeved striker from Alamo City Paintball. It has increased my efficiency greatly, has made it more quiet and also, I dont have to use as much marker oil since the delrin soaks it up an just seeps oil. I like the ACP a lot but I cant really compare it to the Overlord as I have never held one. I do like that I can put my spider barrels on it and also I can use the rail in front of the trigger guard to mount whatever. Hope this helps.