Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM #22
philly paintball

Keep the big box stores out. The sport needs to grow more before it expands itself into trouble. The sport itself get's a bad name just because of wreck loose kids doing neighborhood damage. The distributors have balanced it some what with the m.a.p. policies. Does anyone remember back when k-mart use to sell guns? I am sure in some area's they still do but not near us.

Keep it small but organized, play fair and promote the sport at your local field. Real estate is expensive and most investors just want to build track homes. ( I know I am a contractor. ) Create high school team's, invite your church or boy scout troop's to play and introduce the game to new players. Above all else play fair and often. Bring the players together first, the rest will follow. I have already seen it happen with my own group!!
www.unitedpaintballers.com
www.phillypaintballgroup.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2008, 01:04 PM #23
Nothing37Personal

Has anyone contacted any poker sites and asked for a sponsor?

Kinda random, but seeing as they make millions per day in rake, a few television spots shouldnt kill them.
Nothing37Personal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 PM #24
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

Annual Supporting Member
e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Huntsman View Post
anybody ever think what walmart could do for the sport? i mean, i know that it is the sum of all evil in everyone's minds, but if walmart started carrying semi-decent equipment, like maybe vibes and ions, and started carrying decent paint, and doing both air and Co2 fills, the sport would be sooo much more accessible (there is a walmart almost everywhere). they would also be a huge boost in advertising revenue.

the only problem i can foresee is that they would drive out competitors, but i think most people, after buying that initial vibe/ion/electro spyder, go on to the pro shops for service and new equipment anyways. if the big box retailers started carrying more selection/quality goods, i think the sport would grow immensely. it would especially help small colleges like mine, who only have 1 paintball dealer (outside of dick's) within a 10 minute distance.
roflecopter
wal mart employee's filling air cylinders
right
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote