Being new to photography
Let me start off by saying I am new to photography. And no, this isn't a "what camera should I buy" thread. However, I do have a few questions.
1. What do you do when you start out as a photographer? Obviously you take pictures, but what do you do with them? Just wait till you build a portfolio, then try to get hired somewhere?
2. How easy is it to get a freelance job? (weddings and such) if you are not part of a known company?
3. Would photography be a good secondary job? What I mean by this is that, if I have a job, on weekends and spare time, could I make some extra cash? Or is it a very time consuming hobby?
4. How reliant is a photographer on Photoshop? Is it a necessity? I imagine it would be for weddings and important things, but I mean for my own pictures to look good.
5. Did you go to school for photography? Or did you just buy a camera and learn?
edit 6: What would I being looking at price-wise to get started with entry level things, such as a SLR or DSLR? (just a close guess, I don't need specifics)
I have been mature in posting this thread and taken time to be grammatically correct, please be respectful and hopefully give me some insight.
Last edited by benji25 : 07-16-2008 at 07:58 PM.