Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2008, 12:40 PM #1
ryanoconnor98

T.E.S. Fireing Question... Please Help!

Hey guys. I am trying to get back into paintball and I have an old T.E.S. that I am trying to customize quite like this one guys on here.. (Trying to make it Low Pressure) but I am having a problem.. I have a Low Pressure Air America Messiah Regulator that is adjustable between 0 and 500psi (The best reg money could buy at the time) and I bought the AKA Tornado Valve (Should be the best low pressure valve I can buy), I also have the Dark Horizon Titanium Striker and everything, along with a ShockTech Super Fly bolt. However, my gun doesn't want to shoot properly.. its almost like its starved for air? like.. it wants more than 500psi, which is really weird. I pull the trigger fast and it fires like a million times and then stopes in the almost cocked position..

idk, my question is, is there anything that I need to know about instaling the tornado valve? should I use a differnet HP regulator? I don't know what could be wrong.. I am pretty sure that I installed everything correctly. The gun is supposed to operate around 270psi or something anyway, but it wont work right at all between 0 to 500psi ( So says the guage above the regulaor), so I don't know what is wrong.. plese tell me anything you know, if I have a stupid set up or something. thx.

P.S. If this affects anything, the gun has been sitting for quite some time, including the regulator, so I don't know if that could be it. However, I did oil up the entire gun before I shot it, except the regulaor washers.
ryanoconnor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2008, 12:52 PM #2
ryanoconnor98

For the record.. the Messiah is a low pressure regulaor. Should I be using a high pressure one? is that what is wrong? is so, which one? i was looking at the stabilizer.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM #3
download00502
Really a 1776er

Get a spring kit, lube everything, and find which spring works best when your reg is at 270 psi.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM #4
ryanoconnor98

So what? I should be using a tougher spring then?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 PM #5
gunangel
blah blah blah

is it firing at all?

always make sure you reassemble everything back together correctly (follow manual diagrams). The TES can operate at about 200-300 psi factory stock, but going lower pressure than that may not be the best choice (since it is a blow back it does need sufficient air to recock). With that said using a lighter bolt/hammer/pin/spring may allow you to lower the operating pressure.

I thought the tornado valve was for cockers but if it works with the dragun then it should be a direct replacement. I believe there is a screw that secures the valve in the correct location, so on the install make sure you reinstall it in the same orientation as the previous valve (most likely with a hole pointing toward the breech). The tornado valve has a larger opening allowing more air to flow into the breech with the same amount operating pressure which should in theory assist with reaching lower operating pressures, this would also require you to make the opening on your bolt a bit longer in order to make use of the slower but larger amount of air to go through.

If it is firing, max out the reg and work your way down until it stops recocking or running away and then go back up a notch. check the fps and work your way back up. ideally you would want the marker to fire at the correct fps around this point for the lowest operating pressure. to do so you will need some springs/spacers/shims usually longer and tougher to reach this point.

this endeavor can end up costing a bit so you may want to consider a different marker, but if you succeed/decide to go through with it it should be a pretty reliable and tough little marker