PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-11-2008, 06:34 PM #1
BaM BaM CaM
Ben Dover

G7 fly mode5

Ok, I just traded one of my e-cockers for a nice g7 fly. I love the trigger and the marker in general.

I have read through the manual and what not, but cannot find a way to turn it to "scare little kid mode" like ramping with MROF of better than 15 bps. I dont play on the field like that, but I still want to see how fast it shoots.

The manual says mode5 is a ramping mode, but when I try and shoot in mode5, with the eyes working, It just seems to be nothing but straight semi.

If you could, please explain on how I can scare little kids. I would much appreciate.
BaM BaM CaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 PM #2
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
isnt mode 5 demo?
edit i just looked and it isnt demo shows up as demo.

maybe your ramp start is too high but last i remember you couldnt change how many pulls or bps for ramp kick in on the stock g7 board like the a1 does.

if you really want to scare little kids in the staging area use demo, on the field turn off the bounce make the trigger activation at the very end of the pull and lower the tension (iremove magnet).

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 AM #3
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Mode 5 is Accumulator (ramping) mode. It's capped at 15 bps, and you can't ramp any higher than that on the stock board. You need to have paint in the gun to use this mode - if you have the eyes off, or their on but no paint is in the breech, the board defaults to semi. If you want to "scare little kids", put it in uncapped Semi and jack your TR out the roof. That'll add more shots than Accumulator mode will.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 AM #4
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

... What mode is uncapped semi? Or would that be putting it in mode 1 and setting mrof to 30, with tr jacked through the roof? I'm not noticeing (sp?) much bounce when I turn my tr up, but I get runaway like my gun is a rape victim.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:32 AM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Correct. That "runaway" is the bounce you seek. It's the board adding shots to trigger pulls where ordinarily only one would occur.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM #6
LTHG
www.anodizeworld.com

http://warpig.com/paintball/technical/turbo/index.shtml
LTHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The Angel is a little different, because the optical switch doesn't actually have any mechanical switch "echo" or "bounce" in the sense that that article describes. Since no parts come into contact with each other, it's literally impossible. The TR setting actually electronically adds shots purposely when it is set too high - it doesn't just detect electrical "echoes" from the switch like the old Turbo mode on Shockers. It basically simulates Turbo mode electronically.