Originally Posted by JungleLawrence
This is not what this forum is for.
The forum rules state different. However, if my storm picture is offensive then I'll remove it so no one crys..........
Welcome to ST Photo
1. The process or art of producing images of objects on photosensitive surfaces.
2. The art, practice or occupation of taking and printing photographs
3. A body of photographs
Small Talk photo is just a small corner of the PbNation universe dedicated specifically to photography and the people who love it. This forum is here for the serious (and sometimes not so serious) discussion of photography and all it’s elements.
For accomplished photographers this is a place to show off and talk about your trade, your art, your passion. It is also a place to share your knowledge and experience with others who aspire to be better photographers.
For aspiring photographers, photography enthusiast and weekend shutter-bugs, this forum is a great place to learn, get C&C (criticism and critique), ask questions, and learn about all things photography related.
Please bare in mind that while anyone with a camera can take a picture, having a camera does not make you a photographer. The simple act of creating a snapshot by pointing a camera at something and pressing the shutter release button does not make you a photographer. Putting time and effort into your craft, studying, learning and striving to create the best photograph possible makes a person a photographer. You don’t have to be a photographer to post here but it is important for you to know the difference between a snap shot and a photograph that someone has put actual work and effort into making.
1. All PbN TOS rules apply. if you are not familiar with those, click here.
2. Absolutely no nudity. Images with obvious nudity, exposed genitals and female nipples are not allowed. Links to any site containing such images is also not allowed.
3. No flaming or trolling. Critiquing a photo does not require flaming. Does this mean you can’t tell someone there photo sucks? Not at all. If you think someone’s photo sucks you are free to be honest about that. But keep it about the photo. Comments like “drink bleach” “you suck at life” “kill yourself” will not be tolerated.
4. Don’t cry about C&C if you asked for it. If you can’t take criticism, don’t ask for criticism. Asking for C&C is basically giving someone a license to rip you to shreds. If you’re too sensitive to handle that… then don’t ask for it. C&C is rarely positive even for the best photographers here. But if everyone just told you your photos were great you’d never get any better.
5. Post in the correct threads. Before you go hitting the “New Post” button, look through the threads and see if there’s already a thread for what you want to post. Not every photo needs it’s own thread. There are threads designed for posting snap shots, photos for C&C, photos for contests ect…. FAQs go in the FAQ thread. Please check out the WDYS/PPTW (What Did You Shoot/Post Process This Week) threads, Rate this photo thread, and Just for Show thread. Threads opened for snapshots will be closed for your own good.
6. Report problem posts. Have a problem with a post? Use the "report to moderator” button. If you try and take matters into your own hands you may find yourself in as much or more trouble then the person that offended you. Linking new users to this thread is also helpful.
7. Photo posting size. Please don't post photos that are larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. Photos larger than 800 pixels on the longest side are hard to view and mess up the margins making he entire forum hard to read.
8. Rate the picture above you The "rate the picture above you" thread has it's own rules. They are posted in the first post. If you can't follow those rule, don't post there.
We are not the photoshop forum.
If you want to learn photoshop or have something photoshopped, Go here: http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=322
However, if you want to read some tutorials on how to enhance photographs using Adobe Photoshop Software, go here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1353956
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in warnings, infractions, and bans at the staff’s discretion.
***All rules are subject to change without notice.