Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-22-2008, 07:37 PM #1
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

has been a member for 10 years
The P.A.S.S. Drama

I know a lot of you have heard about this already, but a lot of people haven't and were wondering about it a little more...I figured that since I can't remember my Idaho Paintball password that I should post some up here on Pbnation.

As of April 15, 2008, The P.A.S.S. will never be the same. The people behind the paintball players and who truly supported the promotion of the game of paintball in every respect will no longer be capable of doing so. Due to family relationships being abruptly ended in a way that wouldn't be considered "loving" by any means (in my opinion). JJ and Melissa no longer are with the P.A.S.S. after being notified that they would be trespassing by going there. Jo, JJ's mother, has decided that JJ and Melissa have not promoted the P.A.S.S. in a satisfactory manner. Not to mention in less than two years she didn't get rich off of her business that she has her money invested in. Anyways, the fight that kicked this all into place was held between Jo and Melissa and Jo decided that taking it to the extreme was the only methodology for her to deal with her problems with her son and Melissa. The P.A.S.S. that I came to love and know, along with so many others is no longer. "The P.A.S.S." exists but only in a mock type of existence, Jo and Kelly ("the temporary manager") will never be able to make it even close to what it will be remembered as due to SEVERAL reasons that I don't feel that I need to go into. I know for a fact that it upsets a LOT of people that JJ and Melissa are gone from the P.A.S.S. There is more than just the "No Trespassing" also; I honestly never thought that a mom could ever do so many terrible things to her own son.

If JJ or Melissa happen to read this thread:

I love you JJ & Melissa. Thank you for everything that you two have helped me with...and thanks for always being my friends. The P.A.S.S. was definitely my favorite place to ever go and it was because of you two. I know for a fact that without you two, The P.A.S.S. wouldn't have even gotten as far as it is now and I also am going to assume that without you two The P.A.S.S. will be going out of business soon enough. I had a lot of good times hanging out with you two there. I hope to see you guys around sometime.

Just to add in, JJ posted this on Idaho Paintball:

"I feel so ashamed to even have to tell every1 about the BS at the PASS and to dissapoint so many of you but here's the story, short and sweet.... . . . . . a huge *** argument broke out between Melissa and Jo (the owner) about the almighty $, discounts being given my myself and Melissa, promoting the paintball clubs for the local High Schools etc. Im not talking about a normal fight but a fight of Biblical proportions.. this happened on Friday. We worked Sat & Sun had Mon & Tues off and on Tues night the Sherriff had notified me that Melissa and I could not come to the PASS anymore due to a "No Tresspassing" that was filed by Jo with the Sherriff Dept that states that Melissa and I cannot step foot on the property of the PASS without permission.

"Date: April 15, 2008

To: JJ Barlett

NO TRESPASS NOTICE

This letter constitutes formal notice to you that you are no longer welcome at The PASS, Paintball Airsoft Super Store, LLC located at 8450 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, ID 83204. This includes the grounds, the parking lot and the building itself.

You are not welcome as a friend of any current employees or as a member of the public. You are not welcome under any guise or for any purpose.

Your presence on the property will constitute trespass and you are hereby warned not to trespass. The Bannock County Sheriff’s Office has been notified as well.

If you claim you have any personal belongings located at the premises, please inform me in writing by certified mail, and I will undertake to locate any such items and return them to you.

I do not believe that there is any need for us to engage in any further communications in person or by telephone.

Very truly yours,

Jo Barlett"

I am very very sorry that this has happened and apologize to every player out there for not being there for you. Melissa and I will no longer be associated with the PASS due the above and the vindictive nature of the person associated.( and the PASS will be closing on May 17, I have only heard this because I am not allowed in there so I dont know for sure) I truly am sorry for letting every1 down. I wish it had turned out different. I cant describe how disturbed I am by all of this. If any1 does have any questions just let me know with a PM and I will be happy to let you know whats up.

Later Ballers,
JJ
"

So, as a result of all of this happening, the primary teams that practiced at The P.A.S.S....Idaho Rupture and XTC are both out of a "home field" to practice on. Furthermore, for Rupture to be able to continue on successfully we needed a place to play. The result of all of this has brought something into being that may have possibly happened anyways. The team name Rupture is gone as of today and the current roster of Rupture will be moved onto XTC's current roster. This will put all of our best players onto one team...We will be playing at Breakpoint Paintball in Burley and with Ground Control at Splat as much as possible. We are looking to do 7 man and with this merger it looks to be a very plausible event to take place. We feel that with our combined roster's we have the potential to be a force to be reckoned with. (More so than before) I'm very disappointed still with PASS (not that Jo cares at all) but at least some good is happening.

The almighty dollar tends to be worth more than family to a lot of people.

Good luck JJ & Melissa; and we will hopefully see you in a couple of weekends XTC!
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 PM #2
jrod777
iThrash

jrod777 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbity View Post
I know a lot of you have heard about this already, but a lot of people haven't and were wondering about it a little more...I figured that since I can't remember my Idaho Paintball password that I should post some up here on Pbnation.

As of April 15, 2008, The P.A.S.S. will never be the same. The people behind the paintball players and who truly supported the promotion of the game of paintball in every respect will no longer be capable of doing so. Due to family relationships being abruptly ended in a way that wouldn't be considered "loving" by any means (in my opinion). JJ and Melissa no longer are with the P.A.S.S. after being notified that they would be trespassing by going there. Jo, JJ's mother, has decided that JJ and Melissa have not promoted the P.A.S.S. in a satisfactory manner. Not to mention in less than two years she didn't get rich off of her business that she has her money invested in. Anyways, the fight that kicked this all into place was held between Jo and Melissa and Jo decided that taking it to the extreme was the only methodology for her to deal with her problems with her son and Melissa. The P.A.S.S. that I came to love and know, along with so many others is no longer. "The P.A.S.S." exists but only in a mock type of existence, Jo and Kelly ("the temporary manager") will never be able to make it even close to what it will be remembered as due to SEVERAL reasons that I don't feel that I need to go into. I know for a fact that it upsets a LOT of people that JJ and Melissa are gone from the P.A.S.S. There is more than just the "No Trespassing" also; I honestly never thought that a mom could ever do so many terrible things to her own son.

If JJ or Melissa happen to read this thread:

I love you JJ & Melissa. Thank you for everything that you two have helped me with...and thanks for always being my friends. The P.A.S.S. was definitely my favorite place to ever go and it was because of you two. I know for a fact that without you two, The P.A.S.S. wouldn't have even gotten as far as it is now and I also am going to assume that without you two The P.A.S.S. will be going out of business soon enough. I had a lot of good times hanging out with you two there. I hope to see you guys around sometime.

Just to add in, JJ posted this on Idaho Paintball:

"I feel so ashamed to even have to tell every1 about the BS at the PASS and to dissapoint so many of you but here's the story, short and sweet.... . . . . . a huge *** argument broke out between Melissa and Jo (the owner) about the almighty $, discounts being given my myself and Melissa, promoting the paintball clubs for the local High Schools etc. Im not talking about a normal fight but a fight of Biblical proportions.. this happened on Friday. We worked Sat & Sun had Mon & Tues off and on Tues night the Sherriff had notified me that Melissa and I could not come to the PASS anymore due to a "No Tresspassing" that was filed by Jo with the Sherriff Dept that states that Melissa and I cannot step foot on the property of the PASS without permission.

"Date: April 15, 2008

To: JJ Barlett

NO TRESPASS NOTICE

This letter constitutes formal notice to you that you are no longer welcome at The PASS, Paintball Airsoft Super Store, LLC located at 8450 South 5th Avenue, Pocatello, ID 83204. This includes the grounds, the parking lot and the building itself.

You are not welcome as a friend of any current employees or as a member of the public. You are not welcome under any guise or for any purpose.

Your presence on the property will constitute trespass and you are hereby warned not to trespass. The Bannock County Sheriff’s Office has been notified as well.

If you claim you have any personal belongings located at the premises, please inform me in writing by certified mail, and I will undertake to locate any such items and return them to you.

I do not believe that there is any need for us to engage in any further communications in person or by telephone.

Very truly yours,

Jo Barlett"

I am very very sorry that this has happened and apologize to every player out there for not being there for you. Melissa and I will no longer be associated with the PASS due the above and the vindictive nature of the person associated.( and the PASS will be closing on May 17, I have only heard this because I am not allowed in there so I dont know for sure) I truly am sorry for letting every1 down. I wish it had turned out different. I cant describe how disturbed I am by all of this. If any1 does have any questions just let me know with a PM and I will be happy to let you know whats up.

Later Ballers,
JJ
"

So, as a result of all of this happening, the primary teams that practiced at The P.A.S.S....Idaho Rupture and XTC are both out of a "home field" to practice on. Furthermore, for Rupture to be able to continue on successfully we needed a place to play. The result of all of this has brought something into being that may have possibly happened anyways. The team name Rupture is gone as of today and the current roster of Rupture will be moved onto XTC's current roster. This will put all of our best players onto one team...We will be playing at Breakpoint Paintball in Burley and with Ground Control at Splat as much as possible. We are looking to do 7 man and with this merger it looks to be a very plausible event to take place. We feel that with our combined roster's we have the potential to be a force to be reckoned with. (More so than before) I'm very disappointed still with PASS (not that Jo cares at all) but at least some good is happening.

The almighty dollar tends to be worth more than family to a lot of people.

Good luck JJ & Melissa; and we will hopefully see you in a couple of weekends XTC!
thats sucks
i went to pass a few weeks ago

R.I.P Brown Line
jrod777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 PM #3
chris the impailer

chris the impailer plays in the PSP
chris the impailer plays in the APPA D4 division
so is the pass really going out of business on the 17th if so then jo has really screwed over all of the paintball world with her selfish pride.
chris the impailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM #4
brandoo (Banned)

What a *****.
brandoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM #5
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

I wouldn't doubt it if the PASS went out of business on the 17th, but I haven't heard that confirmed...
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 AM #6
brandoo (Banned)

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it if the PASS went out of business on the 17th, but I haven't heard that confirmed...
Are you on XTC now? Or rupture?
Give me the LD.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:14 PM #7
jlbpaintballer
Jlbpaintballer

Man i am pissed. I hope that some new owner comes along and takes over the P.A.S.S that know how to run it. I love JJ and Melissa and I hope that they can work things out woth there life.

Team Rupture is no longer a team. It is now XTC all the way.
jlbpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:03 PM #8
brandoo (Banned)

Was not aware of that. Thanks man.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM #9
bkpnt baller

bkpnt baller donated to help Peyton Trent
JJ and Melissa

XTC, will miss you. You may not be at the PASS anymore but you are always with us. I hope you stay in Idaho and come around. JJ, you are still welcome to play with us. We already miss you guys, you are great, and no matter where you go you will always have friends here.

Shane
bkpnt baller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:59 PM #10
egoarmy1
Rockin the Plaidgyle SL8R

egoarmy1 donated to help Peyton Trent
egoarmy1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egoarmy1 supports Team VICIOUS
egoarmy1 supports our troops
You got that right jj and melissa you better stay in Idaho, and you better come down and play with us whenever you can get around to it. Stay in touch!

Chad
and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.
egoarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:33 PM #11
Rambob
Team Violent Child

I understand that not everyone is happy about what happens. But no they are not going out of business. They are actually going through the process of having the business appraised and getting it ready for sale. They are going to continue running the field until they find a buyer. I don't really agree with everything that is going on. I just want to make sure we are not passing on rumors.
Idahopaintball.com

Marq 6 Shocker NXT Max'd Ion Among others
Rambob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 PM #12
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Well I was told that they are looking to either sell the business as a business, or the land and property they own and liquidate everything on it. It'd most likely be easier to sell the property and land than to sell the business itself. Which would mean that it will "go out of business". And both options also will cost the buyer a lot of money for land that isn't worth a lot or a business that takes a lot of knowledge of the industry along with the money. Either way; it is dead to me.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:14 PM #13
jeffthenaef

**** this the pass is fun.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 AM #14
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthenaef View Post
**** this the pass is fun.
Well then, **** you. The PASS is an amazing facility, but that doesn't overcome the reasoning behind the boycotting of the PASS. The PASS is where it is right now, not because of Jo, but because of JJ and Melissa. If you knew ANYTHING about the paintball scene around here, you'd know how much of a retard you sound like saying something like that.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:18 AM #15
xtc$prayer

thanks to jj and melisa for all they've done. it was great while it lasted and if there is anything me or team xtc can do, we'd be glad. you've done so much 4 us already, we couldn't help but return the favor. hope to c u guyz around.

Cody
xtc$prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:59 PM #16
Triggerhappy411

Quote:
Well then, **** you. The PASS is an amazing facility, but that doesn't overcome the reasoning behind the boycotting of the PASS. The PASS is where it is right now, not because of Jo, but because of JJ and Melissa. If you knew ANYTHING about the paintball scene around here, you'd know how much of a retard you sound like saying something like that.
sry but i think u misunderstood him, i think hes pissed at the situation not at pass all together.

i really wish i could have gone, a few of my fiends and i were planning on going down for a weekend but we just never got the chance.
Triggerhappy411 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups