Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 AM #1
CrazyMidget (Banned)
get money

Arrow Photog & Camera FAQ- ask your questions here

http://www.camerahobby.com/EBook-TOC.htm
Photography "e-book" to get you all started.

Q: "I want to get a camera but don't want to spend so much on a DSLR or an SLR, what point and shoot should I get?"
A: We need to know your budget! Without that, we don;t know what to tell you. I'd go with the Nikon Coolpix series, but I'm biased since Im still in love with my 3200. Please, don't make a thread asking this question, just post it in here and we'll answer it.

Q: "I want a lens, but don't know which to get! Help!"
A: Tell us your budget, and what you want to shoot. If you want to shoot wildlife or sports, I suggest getting a zoom telephoto lens. Look around other forums and maybe go to your town's Photography Club(if you have one) and ask some pro's for their opinion. 200mm is sometimes too long for portraits yet too short for wildlife... but, for landscape shots, 200mm can be wonderful to work with, providing the perfect range. 50-60mm macro lenses are the most cost effective but also the most restrictive. Their performance for general subjects is somewhat limited as their qualities have been set up for real close focusing and not for infinity focusing that normal lenses excel at.

Try rewording rule 3, and not avoiding the swear filter, thanks

Post all of your questions concerning cameras and/or photography in here and we will do our best to answer them.
Closed Thread