PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM #85
Stevenmo34
Paintballing in Japan

other from that there are a few good paintball places. you should read from the beginning and look for a paintball place, some places are good like TAMA HILLS. They have a good woodsball area, it would be good for an airsoft player.
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 AM #86
Booyah!
Heart is all I have!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenmo34 View Post
You know that this is Paintball site right???
hmm.... Play on boys..

#30 NIKKO SANTOS
"If you cannot put up, then shut up!"

UNITED PAINTBALLERS OF THE PHILIPPINES
Booyah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM #87
Regulatori

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvok View Post
Okinawa just opened up a new field. but you have to be SOFA status or have someone sponsor you on.

What's SOFA status?

I'm in the Marines and will be stationed in Okinawa (CAmp Hansen) next month. How close is this field and can I play on it?
Regulatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:58 AM #88
emilaxelsson

hey!

it's been a while since i checked this site..
im living in japan right now and i REALLY wanna get to play some ball! and i wanna play speed ball, nothing else
i live in saitama and i guess the closest field is in tama? is that far? i guess its pretty far
but that doesnt matter, i just wanna play! but the thing is that i don't have my gear here, it's back home in Sweden.
can one maybe borrow or rent stuff at the site?

please, give me as much info as possible by PM, mail or just write here.

/Emil
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 AM #89
spreck
I like to move it move it

has been a member for 10 years
I've been noticing a lack of informative posts in this thread lately, guess I'll help out.

SOFA is Status of Forces Agreement, basically, it's the status you live in if you are in the military or work for the US government in pretty much any way while in most foreign countries. Anybody with a military ID card, or that works for an embassy or related jobs should be able to get in pretty easy. Anybody else should just make friends here.

If you're trying to figure out where you are in relation to a field, the two around the tokyo area are Tama hillls, which is near Minami-Tama train station, or Ikego, which is near Jinmuji train station. You can use this site http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/nor...norikeyin.html to figure out how to get there, it's all nice and informative, with times, costs, and directions. You just need to supply your own starting point

If you're planning to drive, Tama Hills is between between Kawasaki and Tokyo (pretty vague huh?) and Ikego is near Zushi or Kamakura. You're gonna have to find your own directions, haha.

I haven't been able to make it out to Tama Hills lately, but last I was there, and for a long time before they:

Feature "3" fields, but two of them combine, one is a large speedball field with a mix of inflatable and wooden bunkers. One is a woods-speedball field, that's kind of in a valley, with ridges, and wooden bunkers, and the other is a largish woodsball field that is shaped like a giant ditch. Both woods fields combine to form voltron, or something like that. The staff there tend to be really good people (though none of them are actual paintball players) The costumer base is GREAT. The players tend to be very supportive of each other, and a good time is usually had by all. The main drawback comes from a very stagnant playing area, the field tends to be the same for months on end.

The Ikego field is where I spend most of my time now, since I run the place. We have one large field. It's a 3.5 acre woodsball field with large hills and dense woods. There is a small speedball field in the middle of it all. Unfortunately only a limited number of games can be played at once. The speedball field is changed about every other week, to keep the game fun. I've tried to re-arrange the woods, but those stubborn mountains just won't budge. Like the players at Tama, the guys at Ikego tend to be good people that try to help each other out as much as possible. We are open on Saturdays and Sundays, with Saturdays being mostly woodsball (I try to run a variety of games) and Sunday being aimed at speedball.

The distance from Saitama to either Ikego or Tama depends LARGELY on where you live in Saitama, and what train lines you have convenient.

Yoroshiku

Last edited by spreck : 07-05-2008 at 09:56 AM.
spreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 AM #90
emilaxelsson

Thanks for the great reply!

very informative

i couldnt find junmuji though.. but i found out that i only live about 40 minutes away from minami-tama. how do i get there from the station?

and most importantly, can i rent stuff at the site? (your site or tama hills) and do you/they have anything like ions or something to rent? i mean, stuff other than tippmanns

thanks,

/Emil
Old 06-19-2008, 05:28 AM #91
starvok
PIMP OF DA YEAR

starvok supports Cereal Killerz 2
starvok owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes you can rent stuff but tippmans are like "THE" rental gun of the world, Ikego has some cheezy spider like markers also.

MUNICH FREAK SHOW 2nd BUNDESLIGA DPL
starvok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:30 AM #92
emilaxelsson

it may be a great rental gun, but i used to play with a shocker and such
Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM #93
emilaxelsson

when is it game time at Tama hills?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:43 PM #94
starvok
PIMP OF DA YEAR

this Saturday (5th July)

Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 AM #95
emilaxelsson

cool!

but i probably can't go.. a friend is going back home soon, so he's having a party i think..

how often do you play? and how many people are there on a normal day?

/Emil
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM #96
starvok
PIMP OF DA YEAR

I usually play every pay day weekend. On good weather days there at least 5-6 speedballers more sometimes (9 vs 9)

Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 AM #97
emilaxelsson

cool.

so you only play once a month?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 AM #98
starvok
PIMP OF DA YEAR

I get paid twice a month (i.e every two weeks)

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM #99
emilaxelsson

nice!

about how much does one day cost?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM #100
facelock

Field Fee $10.00
Mask & Gun w/20 oz Air $10.00
Mask $5.00
Gun w/20 oz Air $8.00
Tac Pack $2.00
Air w/Tank (20 oz) $5.00
Air Only (20 oz) $3.00
Private Package (Entry Fee, Mask, Gun w/20 oz Air & 200 Paintballs)
$25.00Per Person
Paintball 1box $65.00
facelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 AM #101
emilaxelsson

thanks!

please let me know before the next walk-on
Old 07-02-2008, 08:49 PM #102
rnthor

Hey everyone. I am suppose to get stationed out of Atsugi Navy Base in about 10 months or so. I was wondering if it would be legal if I was to bring my 07 Proto Rail SE paintball gun out there. If not, I'll sell it here in the states and buy a gun when I get out there. I am guessing Tama hills would be the closest place for me to play at. I'm really excited to come out there and play.

This is a little of the paintball subject, but if anyone has any info on hunting in Japan let me know. PM me or e-mail me at rnthor@hotmail.com. I would like to know if it's legal for me to bring over a hunting bow.
rnthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 PM #103
starvok
PIMP OF DA YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnthor View Post
Hey everyone. I am suppose to get stationed out of Atsugi Navy Base in about 10 months or so. I was wondering if it would be legal if I was to bring my 07 Proto Rail SE paintball gun out there. If not, I'll sell it here in the states and buy a gun when I get out there. I am guessing Tama hills would be the closest place for me to play at. I'm really excited to come out there and play.

This is a little of the paintball subject, but if anyone has any info on hunting in Japan let me know. PM me or e-mail me at rnthor@hotmail.com. I would like to know if it's legal for me to bring over a hunting bow.
Your military so Paintball gear is cool...Hunting....HELL NO!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 04:10 AM #104
emilaxelsson

anyone got any pics from tama hills?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:04 AM #105
spreck
I like to move it move it

has been a member for 10 years
Sorry, I fixed my post, it was "Jinmuji" not "Junmuji"

Ikego has Tippman 98s for $20 (with field fee and air and all)
"cheesy spider like markers" are Piranha EVOs (which suck, and are an extra $5)
and Ions which are $10 extra

As far as crowd goes, we (at Ikego) get anywhere from 6 (today) to 34 (expected tomorrow, plus walk-ons) (after your typical excuses for people not showing, got just under 20) on any random day, hard to judge

Just make sure that any paintball stuff your bringing over is not labeled as a "gun"

I have an old sign near my house that says something to the effect of "no hunting on hiking trails"

Edit: Oh, and from Minami-Tama station, leave the station, head up the small road to the main street, cross the road (at the intersection of course) and turn right, it's about a 4-5 minute walk from there, turn left into the gate just past the cheesy mini-golf course.

Last edited by spreck : 07-06-2008 at 08:34 AM.
spreck is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups