Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 AM #1
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Arrow **DLX Luxe Ultimate Sticky - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS *FIRST*!!!

Nobody's made this yet since the marker wasn't available. Well now it is, so it's time for an ultsticky!
Myself and the other mods will be updating this thread continuously as more useful threads are posted. If you find a new thread that you think should be listed here, send a PM about it to one of the mods.
Use the search feature if you have a question. Otherwise, make a new thread. I have to close this one so it doesn't get filled with questions.

Information posts:
Luxe picture thread (no text posts)
Luxe video thread (no text posts)
Luxe action picture thread (no text posts)
Original Luxe press release
ZDS has hosted a large technical resource, including pictures and information.
DLX Technology Dealers - where to find the marker
Setting up dwell/manifold "how-to" thread - tuning activities
Solving Leaks; Troubleshooting
O-Ring List

Luxe manual:
Manual v1.0
mirror link: manual

================================================== ===

Contact information:
DLX Technology - Darryl Trent, director of Op
Media inquiries: luxemedia@luxepaintball.com
www.luxepaintball.com
www.gogpaintball.com

Basic features: (no hype, just facts)
- Audible voice is used to denote marker status, adjustment mode, etc
- Tool-less field strip for the firing assembly and eye/detent covers.
- No macroline; grip-routed air supply through the frame, using the special Luxe foregrip regulator
- Able to use a standard vertical regulator and screw-in ASA combo (uses macroline).
- Limited Edition package features a special DLX Max-Flo Micro
- Beam-break visible anti-chop eyes.
- Integrated piston detents, angled toward the bolt to greatly reduce wear.
- Cam-lock feedneck.
- Five available languages (English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish).
- Multiple adjustment settings, and a variety of base firing modes (semi, PSP, NXL, fullyauto, etcetc).
- Rechargeable Lithium power source, yields approximately 25,000 shots per full charge at maximum (depends on the playing conditions).
- Battery charger and one spare battery included.
- Smart Parts barrel thread (fits Ion/XE/SP1/SP8/Vibe, Nerve, Shocker NXT, Impulse).
- DLX Freak barrel included, one insert stock.
- Fully adjustable trigger (post travel, pre travel, firing point, retention weight)
- Indirect-acting solenoid (Parker model, low power use, easy serviceability).
- Weight is 27.3 ounces, or 774 grams.
- Carrying case, barrel condom, and spares kit included.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".

Last edited by USAFWD : 07-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 AM #2
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Frequently Asked Questions

If you have an additional question, use the search feature here on the forum, or post a new thread.

General Questions:

Q: What's the price?
A: Currently the price is $1650 for the Limited Edition with DLX Max-Flo, and in the future the standard package should be $1500 which doesn't include the Max-Flo (a screw-in ASA is used instead). Both packages use the frame-routed air supply.

Q: Are these limited markers, or build-to-order?
A: Somewhat. Luxes are produced in small numbers and individually assembled and tuned, so it takes a bit longer for them to become available. As a result retailers will likely not have very many on hand for sale.

Q: Gimme manual!
A: 'K (see post above)

Q: Is this a Smart Parts marker?
Q: Did DLX buy this gun from SP?
Q: What's the connection between DLX and SP?
A: Luxes were designed and are manufactured by the expert manufacturing facilities at Smart Parts, but the marker is assembled, supported, and sold by the separate company called DLX Technologies. DLX Technologies is NOT a subsidiary of Smart Parts - it's a completely separate company.

Q: Where can I buy one, I don't see it listed on any online stores...?
A: That's correct, they're not available online. There are a limited number of retailers around the US and around the world. In order to buy a Luxe you need to locate a retailer then contact them directly to purchase one electronically (by phone, e-mail, etc), or you can go to their brick-and-mortar storefront if they have one. Check the linked thread above for a list of retailers.

Q: Can I use a standard vertical reg with the frame-routed air supply?
A: No, in order to use the frame-routed air supply you must use the special Luxe foregrip regulator. You can use a standard vertical reg with a Luxe, but only with a standard screw-in ASA, using macroline to connect them.
The Luxe foregrip regulator may appear to be the same as a standard vertical reg, but it's not the case, the internals are quite different, and is only compatible with the Luxe's bi-directional vertical adapter.

Q: How do I adjust the velocity?
A: This is accomplished by adjusting the input pressure through the foregrip regulator. The Luxe reg uses a 5/32" allen wrench to adjust, screw clockwise for more pressure / counterclockwise for less pressure. (this is when looking upward at the bottom of the reg)

Q: What is the speaker for?
A: The speaker gives the player audible operation updates, such as battery strength, current firing mode, eye status, etc. It's also heavily used during the board's adjustment mode. The marker also uses a multi-color LED array consisting of 6 separate pixel LEDs to assist in marker status and programming.

Q: I don't like the speaker.
Q: If the marker uses a voice to tell you status, what happens if the speaker is damaged or muted?
A: The speaker has seven volume settings, one of which is "off" where the audio won't be used. The marker also uses an LED array located on the spine of the gripframe to denote the current status, firing mode, and can be used for the adjustment mode. This can come in handy in a team situation, such as in the event of more than one person on a team using it.

Q: Why not Autococker threads? Every other gun uses them...?
A: The only reason to use Autococker threads is for the compatibility with some other markers. However, from a design standpoint, Impulse/Ion threads are superior. They're more difficult to strip, easier to quickly re-align, require less turns to remove and reinstall, and have a shorter barrel hood which means a shorter and lighter marker body.

Q: Do you work for Smart Parts or DLX?
A: No - occasionally I help with booths and tents at events, however I don't work for either of these companies. (I perform contractual engineering, but neither company has been on my list of clients)
I can't help you with issues relating to either DLX or SP, such as repair status, sales orders, etc. You'll have to contact the company directly for that info.

Technical Questions:

Q: What operating pressure does the marker use? Is there an LPR?
A: Luxes operate between 150-200 psi. Luxes like many other Smart Parts-designed markers don't use LPRs because the solenoid doesn't require it. (many markers that have an LPR only have it because their solenoid requires lower pressure, not because it helps performance).
The Luxe bolt is fully-balanced and its forward force is the same as that of a marker with an LPR (between 15-20 pounds depending on the input pressure).

Q: How does the bolt assembly work, are there any others like it?
A: The marker functions using a similar design as found on SP Shockers, with added refinements and enhancements to boost reliability and performance. I'll post an animation when I have it available.

Q: What's the max rate of fire, mechanically speaking?
A: This depends on the hopper you're using, however generally speaking the marker will be able to outshoot any type of loader out there. This means 25-bps or faster. Virtually ever marker these days fires virtually uncapped, this one is no different.
The circuit board can be adjusted between 11-24 bps, or set to "unlimited".

Q: What type of grips are these?
A: These grips are a special new style designed specifically for the Luxe. The grip screw pattern is different. Additionally, this marker must use grip panel wraps; you can't use basic panels for this even if they were available (since aftermarket developers may provide them in the future). The reason is due to the battery charging port located on the front of the frame, which is covered and concealed by the grip wraps.

Q: Is the charger compatible with domestic power supplies different than in the United States?
A: No, however you can use a converter if you're located in Europe or elsewhere.

Q: What about reliability of the speaker and battery, when dealing with paint splatter and other debris?
A: The speaker isn't a regular "paper cone" type, it's much more resilient and able to take a punishing. The battery is also heavily insulated to prevent damage from outside objects. (additionally, there's no possibility of problems with the battery swelling during its recharge cycle, as with some other Lithium batteries).
Lastly, the electronics are enclosed within the frame and are effectively protected by the grip panels.

Q: How many shots will I get off a single battery charge?
Q: How long does it take to charge the battery?
A: The exact number of shots will depend on your exact environmental and playing conditions. Variables such as temperature, atmospheric pressure (elevation), fire rate, humidity, etc. these all affect the number of shots.
The maximum number of shots is up around the realm of 25 thousand. However this was under ideal settings so you will likely experience less when actually using yours.
The battery takes less than an hour to fully recharge (usually about 40 minutes)

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".

Last edited by FallNAngel : 01-24-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 PM #3
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
O-ring diagrams:

Firing assembly
Support features (coming soon)
Regulator (coming soon)
Max-Flo micro

O-ring information from zdspb.com

As told by Stobaeus
Closed Thread