PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 PM #1
501Snipa
501 Balla 4L

legend

well ive been outa paintball for a little bit now and i remember right before i quit infinity was coming out with the legend so i was wondering what everyone thought bout them
thanks
501Snipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM #2
pb_executioner -_- (Banned)
MZ REACTION#79

great guns, in my opinon better than egos, and cheaper, i am a gun whore and i have owned many gunz, the only ones i kept cause they shoot amazing is my hk legend and bob long gunz
pb_executioner -_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:31 PM #3
brando123
has a dick like jesus

brando123 helped look for balloons
dude legends rip man they are affordable and are easy to maintain/use. shoots tits.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 PM #4
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

They have almost no kick, very easy to maintain, and are very efficient. They do have a tendency to chop more then other markers.
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM #5
xer0969

xer0969 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xer0969 supports Team VICIOUS
xer0969 supports our troops
If you've ever shot an ego or an intimidator; they are pretty much the same. However; they are a little lighter than an ego
xer0969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:05 AM #6
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
They have almost no kick, very easy to maintain, and are very efficient. They do have a tendency to chop more then other markers.
how do you figure that?

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 AM #7
ItzConch
Lol Mike.

They have a little kick, but it dosnt really affect anything, and i have had some chop problems aswell, but i just keep my gun lubed, clean, and fresh batteries and it shoots grea.t
Free Agent
ItzConch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:57 AM #8
501Snipa
501 Balla 4L

i had a 05 ego with moose settings and now just my alias timmy so i was wanting to get something new so y isnt everyone shootin the legend over egos?
501Snipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 AM #9
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

Because PE has an advertising butt-beaming-mecha-gorrilla that makes people think they're getting a deal on an overpriced ego when they get it for 800 if they get sponsored.

And they'll sponsor anyone with a double helix (which is everyone).
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM #10
yellowsnow44

well im gonna have to agree with asdf on the chopping issue. only time i ever had any problems with BREAKS was because my detents were worn out got the hard blue ones and scudooche....problem solved. and as far as quality and features for price legends are one of, if not the best value in a marker your gonna find. and there customer service is awesome. egos are great guns but they are over priced for what you are getting, nothing against them i own one as well but find myself shooting the legend over it most of the time.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:37 AM #11
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzConch View Post
They have a little kick, but it dosnt really affect anything, and i have had some chop problems aswell, but i just keep my gun lubed, clean, and fresh batteries and it shoots grea.t
the legend is no more prone to chopping than any other gun ... unless your talking about a mag .... their spool design is ingenious

ever see the tongue test?

but seriously, replace the detents as need .. keep your dwell around 11 and your set

Old 06-06-2008, 04:53 PM #12
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsaasdf View Post
the legend is no more prone to chopping than any other gun ... unless your talking about a mag .... their spool design is ingenious

ever see the tongue test?
Must state that's only a Mag with a lvl 10 bolt. Initial setup is difficult and they won't operate at less than 270fps due to pressure issues. So if you're at some indoor fields you're out of luck.

Mags are also gas hogs and not really spoolers. They are integrated regged blow forwards. But yeah, Tom Kaye is an extremely smart engineer. AGD did many good things. Like bring compressed air to paintball.

Even at that. There is a level of 'chopping' that can happen with any gun. And really it has to do with the paint more than the gun itself. Much of the paint used now is produced overseas, and sits for a few months before you open that "fresh" case.
Propelling a ball from 0-300 fps stresses the shell. If the shell is too weak, because of manufacturing, shipping, sit time, humidity, heat, cold, or any number of factors, that ball's going to break.

The only "chops" I've had in my legend were fixed by dwell adjustments. Lessening the punch of air on the ball. Any breaks I've had since then have actually been in the barrel, not the breech. I use a good paint to barrel match to get good efficiency. But the ballooning of the ball after the initial burst of air can open up the seams as it's travelling down the barrel due to a tight fit.

I guess that's why over-boring is becoming more popular with every type of gun. It has less to do with the gun than the paint quality.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 PM #13
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

a mag is very much a spool design

and theres no denying a well tuned lvl 10 has some advantages over your typical rammer driven marker

eyes typically override all those benefits though

glad to see theres some people in the infinity forums with some overall knowledge of other markers

Old 06-07-2008, 09:22 AM #14
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

Don't want to argue semantics over it, but no o-rings on the bolt, a powertube, spring return, no dump chamber. And by AGD's own definition it's a blow forward. Without the lvl 10 bolt mags were paint crushers. Hence the first powerfeed design. Using the guns natural tendency to blow back air in the ball stack to pop the next ball in place.

ICD's freestyle was a combination of a spool/blow forward design.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 AM #15
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

nah me neither

im not saying it isnt a blow forward ... it definitely is ... but blow forwards are spoolers

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/anim...evel10real.gif

Old 06-07-2008, 01:35 PM #16
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

The devil's in the details.

Blow forwards operate at a much higher pressure and don't bounce back off the ball the way spoolers tend to. (Without an after market kit like the lvl10).

If you pinced a ball in a mag without breaking it (with no level 10) your bolt would stick. You'd have to take the tank off and hope the bolt resets.

They are about as much the same as a Timmy and a Legend.
One is a Fasor with no lpr, and the other is an air ram that requires an lpr. They both use poppit valves. But that's where the similarities end.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:13 PM #17
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards

agreed

ions are blow forwards