PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-30-2008, 07:03 PM #22
StiLL BaLLiN
I feel like Bob Long

I don't play at BAP, (to far from home) but I understand where players and management are coming from. Some of the younger players don't realize that san francisco is one of the most expensive places to live in CA, with that in mind, some of you have to realize that it's gonna be a little more expensive to play in your area. Another thing to keep in mind is our current economy, do you not notice the gas prices, it really just good ol common sense. I'm not taking sides being a player myself, but I understand both sides. I feel for the ballers who support BAP and play there regularly,but paintball is expensive everywhere. I'm almost positive that most of our fields have gone up in price somewhat over that past year or so, but that's a gimme. Even TAG in hollister went up in price and they're going to field paint only, and they don't cater to tournament players. I've been researching about opening a field, and your average rec player is your money maker, tournament players want team discounts, paint discounts,and their own field. We need to keep in mind that if owners can't make a profit how can they stay open. Like I said I'm not taking a side, just wanted to give some of my imput on the situation. Looks like it's just a case of being misunderstood, I hope everything works out for both sides, peace.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM #23
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!

PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
My first experience at BAP cost me $87.00 and the field sucked. The bunkers were too few and not tied down. Jade (and as far as I can tell Culpin) have listened to us ***** about the place. They made changes and made the price tolerable. $60 is not that bad.

Is it more than I pay to play at SCP? Yep, but to be honest SCP is going downhill and does not even have a field that will stay inflated. I would rather pay $15 - $20 more and play on a good field.

Jade has a limited amount of things he can do to the field, and IMO he has done a lot with very little.

As far as the guy who thinks 20% is too much to make on paint, you need to get in touch with the cost of running a business. 50% is standard minimum markup with most retail being 100%. Yes, there are exceptions to that, but the cost of paint is not that much.

If I lived closer to BAP I would be there every friday night, just for the turf and bunkers alone.

I must qualify this with the fact that I have not been back to BAP since my first experience. A lot of that is the drive during commute hours on a friday, and some if my team not being able to get there. I will make the trip soon though.

Jade, keep on trucking. My last rant would be to try to get that back wall on the field moved back so it is more even with the "finger" of the field where the chrono is, making the overall length of the field longer and more regulation. I know, I know, that is a major project, but beyond that you have a nice field there. Keep up the good owrk. You are doing a lot for PB, NOT hurting it.
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 PM #24
evildarkness
DeViL BoY

i agree 100% SF/ CA one of the most expensive places to live in the world. for the tourney baller that plays 2-3 times a week bap = to much, just cant do it. As far as the staff. I've only heard great things about them. and jade i would love for you to manage scp
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 PM #25
Jade The Rage

Thanks for the support guys it's refreshing to hear that some people do appreciate the efforts We put in despite limited resources given to us.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:59 AM #26
Michael@USPN
NORCAL PFOA

Michael@USPN donated to help Peyton Trent
Michael@USPN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BAP is the shizz nizz!!! Jade has done a fantastic job on over there, the staff is great, there home team Rampage are great and great sportsmen! Ive been there myself, and the turf is SICK!!! This is a place that wants to help the sport of paintball, and I respect a place like that! So for those that are in the area, go and support this place! This coming from another field owner should tell you what's up. Keep up the great work Jade, we wish u guys all the best!
Michael@USPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:26 AM #27
CULPIN

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBClubDude View Post
My first experience at BAP cost me $87.00 and the field sucked. The bunkers were too few and not tied down. Jade (and as far as I can tell Culpin) have listened to us ***** about the place. They made changes and made the price tolerable. $60 is not that bad.
yea i unfortunately had to leave my position back in October....thanks for the looks though.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:09 PM #28
dylon
DirtyDigital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBClubDude View Post

As far as the guy who thinks 20% is too much to make on paint, you need to get in touch with the cost of running a business. 50% is standard minimum markup with most retail being 100%. Yes, there are exceptions to that, but the cost of paint is not that much.
Not that I care anymore....but who said 20%? I think you should read more carefully
Old 06-01-2008, 01:06 PM #29
CULPIN

did the math...its about 123% mark up on paint. [not just bap]
Old 06-01-2008, 01:57 PM #30
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!

PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylon View Post
Not that I care anymore....but who said 20%? I think you should read more carefully
My bad I was bouncing around and got the threads mixed up.
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:18 PM #31
Jade The Rage

Wow I cant believe people are trying to justify still lowering the price even at 60 all in on Fridays ...

How ever you compute mark up or profit as stated above ... That pricing and mark up rule does not apply on friday x ball. Again it seems people are just not happy even with this price ?

Doesnt matter anymore I'll let you figure how to try making a profit with 15k over head just for rent.

plus salary of staff , and utilities and stocking of paint and taxes ... do the math.

Just to clear up those who think prices are too high think of the other stuff that need to be paid for too when running a business.

If I hear any more complaints I'll just cancell Friday X ball.

Last edited by Jade The Rage : 06-01-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Jade The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 PM #32
carlitos/mavericks
~CANADIAMEDIA~

carlitos/mavericks plays in the PSP
carlitos/mavericks plays in the APPA D1 division
jade, There will always be complaints , Its just life, People will always complain even If if you are correct and they are wrong. thats just how people are. U just keep on doing ur best ,if 60 bucks is the lowest you can make ba/will go then i guess thats it. But dont stop xball fridays just because ppl are complaining, because there will always be complaints, and it would double if u stop xball fridays, just do wut ur doing and keep it at that at.

My 2 cents.
Oakland Fuzion
carlitos/mavericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 PM #33
wanna-b-ballin'
cock my pump

i must say that when i came here for my first time maybe a little over a year ago, 2 years? i really dunno, i wasn't impressed.
but i am far more impressed now, and actually want to come back. that field is awsome, and the prices are becoming more affordable.
60 bucks for a case, admission, and air. and you can play till 9:30-10:00 at night. i cant argue with that.

considering other places you will end up spending that much anyways, i dont see any problems whatsoever.

but i play pump, and dont need a whole case, so its kinda lame for me. but whatever, i can live with it. i just need a job lol.

i have one question though. i have a case i won leftover from the tourney, and a certificate for admission and air. could i just show up and play friday? or do i need to give you guys some money?
wanna-b-ballin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM #34
CULPIN

wanna-b-ballin - you can use the paint at bap so long as they gave it to you...and admission and air gift cert. you can use then as well.

jade - i wasnt complaining... 60 is average price for most fields.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 PM #35
wanna-b-ballin'
cock my pump

it looks like scott and i from City of Trees will be there friday then

maybe one of two of my pump buddies will show too.
wanna-b-ballin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:03 PM #36
CULPIN

siiiick
Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM #37
shiagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos/mavericks View Post
jade, There will always be complaints , Its just life, People will always complain even If if you are correct and they are wrong. thats just how people are. U just keep on doing ur best ,if 60 bucks is the lowest you can make ba/will go then i guess thats it. But dont stop xball fridays just because ppl are complaining, because there will always be complaints, and it would double if u stop xball fridays, just do wut ur doing and keep it at that at.

My 2 cents.
I second that. Think about the economy when you consider playing pb. Gas prices are ridiculous. My team goes to CEP all the time. so let see. we pay $25 for entry and all day air. so if you do not have decent paint sponsor you will be looking at more than $60. Now we had to drive 90 minutes to get there. back and forth you are looking at at least $20 on gas plus $8 toll. so paying $60 for Xball at BAP is not that bad afterall. I know the field is kind of small but if you are looking to just play for fun. BAP is a place to be. Especially if you have a chance to see future proballer like Carlitos.

Michael Sanders #1 fan
SF EXPLICIT fan#1

ballerscafe.com/
shiagun is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups