Originally Posted by CP68/4500 View Post
Last time Smart Parts released a $1100+ gun it was $400 within a year

Nerve anyone?

Haha, qft!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 PM #65
protomini

I don't understand why one would go from the 600$ price tag of the shocker to 1,050 dollars more just for a couple of features that a paintball player doesn't really need like a talking marker or tooless dissasembly with that money they could go to to the field 15 times and get much better so if they ever see a person with a luxe and they having a spyder they would win because of their skill as i once heard " It's not the bow, it's the Indian".

Ballin in Ohio
Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 PM #66
oklahomaoutrage09
**** SP

Plus it's still sp...

Viking
PneuMag
Old 05-26-2008, 05:17 PM #67
red_merkin
Beware

red_merkin is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't understand why one would go from the 600$ price tag of the shocker to 1,050 dollars more just for a couple of features that a paintball player doesn't really need like a talking marker or tooless dissasembly with that money they could go to to the field 15 times and get much better so if they ever see a person with a luxe and they having a spyder they would win because of their skill as i once heard " It's not the bow, it's the Indian".

Maybe you don't understand why people buy Luxury cars then?

Not every paintballer is poor, some can actually afford to buy something nice.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 PM #68
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_merkin View Post
Not every paintballer is poor, some can actually afford to buy something nice.
interesting you say that ... in the paintball market we live in right now, it certainly does not reflect your idea.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 PM #69
red_merkin
Beware

red_merkin is a founding member
the Luxe isn't for everyone.
Neither is a BMW, or Mercedes.

For me, i'm just happy to see someone try to make the best gun they possibly can. I support the concept behind the Luxe. The average player can't afford it, and that's part of what makes it special.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:01 PM #70
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
interesting you say that ... in the paintball market we live in right now, it certainly does not reflect your idea.
It doesn't seem like DLX is counting on selling large quantities of these guns in order to make a profit, or if huge (<-keyword) profit is even a focus for the brand. It may just be SP showing off their ability to go top end, allowing those of us who can afford it to buy something above the norm.

I admire these guns as a luxury but I won't be able to afford the price tag for quite some time.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 AM #71
vkyle8 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
and ego's are crap. He knows that, i know that. Not to mention being smart parts sponsored he wouldnt go for a ego

I plan on getting one of these. Why? Just plain and simple to try out, did that with the droid, took the chance for what little reball shooting i did with it i loved it. Time to move on. What i hope to get out of it is a top notch customer support, great warranty, A gun that performs as good or better then the "best". If it gets anywhere near the efficiency of the droid ill be very happy.
you sir have made me laugh very hard by saying egos are crap, and not suprising comming from someone who works at smart parts
Old 05-29-2008, 07:21 AM #72
vkyle8 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
It doesn't seem like DLX is counting on selling large quantities of these guns in order to make a profit, or if huge (<-keyword) profit is even a focus for the brand. It may just be SP showing off their ability to go top end, allowing those of us who can afford it to buy something above the norm.

I admire these guns as a luxury but I won't be able to afford the price tag for quite some time.
niether will the other 95% of the paintball players will not eb able to afford it including me
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 AM #73
tokay444
Dust white Darq Marq user

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_merkin View Post
the Luxe isn't for everyone.
Neither is a BMW, or Mercedes.

For me, i'm just happy to see someone try to make the best gun they possibly can. I support the concept behind the Luxe. The average player can't afford it, and that's part of what makes it special.
if they wanted to make the best gun ever made, they'd give AKA the rights to produce the viking back.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM #74
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokay444 View Post
if they wanted to make the best gun ever made, they'd give AKA the rights to produce the viking back.
Yeah, so we can all pay way too much for an overweight Angel clone(by current standards). The Viking isn't anything special anymore, it was better than all the rest until the Intimidator worked out it's problems and then it was just one of the pack. Current technology far surpasses the Viking platform, quit living in the past.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:11 PM #75
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
Yeah, so we can all pay way too much for an overweight Angel clone(by current standards). The Viking isn't anything special anymore, it was better than all the rest until the Intimidator worked out it's problems and then it was just one of the pack. Current technology far surpasses the Viking platform, quit living in the past.
have you ever shot a vike?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 PM #76
thatdoolinkid

My dear friend, the Viking is still the most efficient, smoothest, most durable open-bolt poppet valve gun on the market. If you think it's an angel clone then you are far mistaken.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 PM #77
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdoolinkid View Post
My dear friend, the Viking is still the most efficient, smoothest, most durable open-bolt poppet valve gun on the market. If you think it's an angel clone then you are far mistaken.
and with nice milling is still as light as anything else made.

my excal was hands down, the smothest gun i have every see or shot. literally, the only recoil you could feel while ripping it was you finger hitting the back stop of the trigger. the "harder" you walked it, the more "kick" it had. handsdown, the smoothest gun ever made.

from a gun made in 2k2 ...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:44 PM #78
thatdoolinkid

Quote:
and with nice milling is still as light as anything else made.

my excal was hands down, the smothest gun i have every see or shot. literally, the only recoil you could feel while ripping it was you finger hitting the back stop of the trigger. the "harder" you walked it, the more "kick" it had. handsdown, the smoothest gun ever made.
Same experience. Not to mention, with the updates that could have happened over the past few years to the Viking platform (STD reg, RT valve, move to stacked tube [Evil-M]) or the upgrades to the Excalibur (STD reg, RT valve, mQ2 valve, size reduction, etc.) they would easily be the top of the market. Don't diss AKA.

Quote:
from a gun made in 2k2 ...
Actually, the first Excalibur was in 1999 if I'm not mistaken. I'm certain there were some made in 2000.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
Old 05-29-2008, 06:47 PM #79
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdoolinkid View Post
Actually, the first Excalibur was in 1999 if I'm not mistaken. I'm certain there were some made in 2000.
mine was an 02
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM #80
thatdoolinkid

Once again, same here. However, there was relatively no difference between the 02 and the first Excaliburs. I still can't wait to see what AKA cooks up this summer, if you know what I mean.

-anonymous
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 PM #81
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
I'd really hate to do this, but this thread has gone *WAY* off topic from talking about why you're going to get a DLX gun into comparing it to other markers and argueing which marker is better in performance and price and even into hating on SP.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd

Last edited by FallNAngel : 05-31-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Closed Thread