PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 PM #85
bang...bang

bang...bang plays in the USPL
bang...bang donated to help Peyton Trent
I think that the refs are doing there best. I know that there may be some questionable calls, but its a tough thing, reffing, and they have to call what they see. The refs are out there all day working hard and don't get paid much. I know that it sux when a call doesn't go your way, but its paintball, and if your team is the best, a few questionable calls that could go either way aren't going to keep you from doing well.
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 PM #86
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
The spyder field was interesting to say the least for us. We played a clean, penalty free event on every other field. Yet every game we played on the spyder field we had not 1 but no less then 2 penalties pulled.

Could be we are super cheaters and this is the only field that was running correctly?

Could be we only decided to cheat on this field because we wanted to test Kimo and his crew?

Could be some of the calls were crap?

I actually lost my cool on this field and could of should have had my card pulled for my actions. Kimo was cool enough to be patient through my tantrum and just get me off the field.

I dont know what the final answer is, but the spyder field was absolutely death for us this event. Some of the calls were good, some were over zealous and some were because of my stupidity and telling them to pull more people. After 4 games of "perceived" bad calls I lost it, lol good times. They definitely dont get paid enough to deal with that.

I was lucky enough to talk with a couple of the ref's from the spyder field at airport. Truthfully to me, once the event is over its over. I stated my complaints only as hopes that the next time (buffalo) we could hope to not have the same issues. I almost got to talk with Kimo but one of the dads of another team went off on Kimo in the airport threatening him etc. Again, they definitely dont get paid enough for that. So Kimo walked away and we boarded our plane. I hope those guys left him alone after we got on our plane because it was REAL uncomfortable to be around that.

Oh well, I am just rambling now. See you in Buffalo.

Andrew Kerns
Pbwarehouse Squadron NPPL D1

Last edited by Kodiak62 : 05-26-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: requested
Old 05-26-2008, 12:55 AM #87
rockinarasta
Eat a sammich

rockinarasta plays in the PSP
rockinarasta plays in the APPA D4 division
I have never seen someone get so mad and then turn it into a laugh...
Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 AM #88
Kzoopaintball

has been a member for 10 years
head !?!?! where on my head??!!?!? ..... 5 minute fit of rage later.. ohhh my hand !! hahaha..

that will be one of the funniest stories from reffing i'll ever tell .. plus those pbwarehouse guys where slowing down the airport security line and made us miss our flight!! lol j/k
Old 05-26-2008, 03:17 PM #89
theevilomen

Quote:
Originally Posted by benpb03 View Post
i dunno i normally dont like to call out the reffs after the event because i have reffed events before like the NEPL and there is never going to be 100% satisfaction but there are a couple things i saw on the spyder field...

1st of all i witnessed a game and we were watching the game and clearly we called out 2 guns on this d3 team, i believe it was CS Union, that clearly were illegal from what we saw, heard, of the gun. After the game two reffs pulled both the guns and checked them. What they found was that both of the guns shoot by themselves after the trigger was pulled and the reff held the gun not even touching the trigger as both guns shot the turf. Then after we wear laughing at that the head reff called their team captain over and gave them a pass without a penalty...like wow...that is kinda rediculous, the reffing doesnt all happen the best and some teams might get screwed but atleast enforce all the rules. Thats the best shot at having your field be the best it can be, enforce all the rules and you will always have an argument to fall back on when a team comes up *itching about a call.

A second thing i hate to see is reffs supporting teams that are going to be playing on their fields, we were playing HK on the spyder field and a couple reffs had HK headbands on. like come on now, make it alittle more obvious that you support them and 99% of the team if your friends with a player the benefit of the doubt is always goign to go to them, its just human nature. Dont make it so obvious. Then when we go out to play HK on that field we stalemate them yet before and after the game multiple reffs went up to the HK players laughing and joking with them clearly. Plus in that game there was a controversial 1 for 1 called from the sideline and after the game 3 people i didnt even know came up to me and said that one of the players ditched 2 hits in his gun at 2 different times in the game. Like come on now, that is fishy. I dont really care if your buddies with the players cuz its goign to happen just reff the game fairly and dont make it obvious that you support a certain team by wearing their **** and talking, joking, etc.. with them before/after games.

no offense i know its over but kimo is the best ref ive ever seen....

Ipod/creative fs
Old 05-26-2008, 03:24 PM #90
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoopaintball View Post
head !?!?! where on my head??!!?!? ..... 5 minute fit of rage later.. ohhh my hand !! hahaha..

that will be one of the funniest stories from reffing i'll ever tell .. plus those pbwarehouse guys where slowing down the airport security line and made us miss our flight!! lol j/k
lol they thought our mexican was al quida (sp?) or something and body cavity searched him. Missing flights is awesome.

Have I mentioned that every aspect of JAX sucks the balls?

Strips clubs dont exist ( we went to 5 different ones and they ALL sucked). I vote to never go back to JAX.

Tampa or Miami or I will not attend.

Woot.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM #91
runthruking
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62 View Post
lol they thought our mexican was al quida (sp?) or something and body cavity searched him. Missing flights is awesome.

Strips clubs dont exist ( we went to 5 different ones and they ALL sucked). I vote to never go back to JAX.

Woot.
truth

Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM #92
All-welted-up

Ive heard that the Stadium staff gave the NPPL nothing but grief the entire time so I dont belive they will be returning to Jax.
Killbourne fan #18
www.bennettallweatherpaintball.com
my opinions are my own...and Im an a$$hole :)
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 AM #93
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62 View Post

Woot.
The best spot in MIAMI would be BiCentennial Park in Miami.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM #94
rntnicky3

rntnicky3 plays in the PSP
rntnicky3 is an NCPA player
rntnicky3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
The best spot in MIAMI would be BiCentennial Park in Miami.
QFT

RNT ALLSTARZ

www.macdevusa.com
Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 PM #95
Dc Mob
The ONE and ONLY HOT ROD

Dc Mob plays in the PSP
Dc Mob supports Cereal Killerz 2
Dc Mob is playing at Living Legends III
Dc Mob supports Team VICIOUS
been there done that got the picture of just one of the many thieves that were there. Tampa is the best place. Just put the turf down. Tampa you dont even need a rental car. Btw Spyder field ref were fine by us. we won a gome on there we lost a game on there. they pulled a one for one on us and the other teams. So no gripes. This event was reffed way better than HB imo.
D.C. MONST★RS #222
P.A.P. La Familia
http://www.razalife.com

Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 PM #96
teamx1

But reff?!? I only got shot in my hopper, looked at it, and then looked at you with a confused look in my eyes, and sat there!!! I mean, come on how was i supposed to know the fatass orange splat was a hit?? Thats not playing on!! I pay 2 grand for a tournament and still dont know the rules, cut me some slack!!

You guys are ****ing ridiculous. Refs, keep pulling penalties on these dumb ****s

"The Original"
TRIPLE X

R.I.P. STEVE 9/4/06 R.I.P.